Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Depending on what Steve/Palm deliver on Tuesday, I may be having a huge Spring Sale on Wednesday!! I have hundreds if not thousands of dollars worth of Palm peripherals including cradles, cables, chargers, cases, stylii, applications, etc. - AND EVERYTHING MUST GO!!

(just gettin' a jump on everyone else)

SMEGGIE
    Last edited by SMEGGIE; 04/13/2007 at 11:31 AM.
    Yer pal,

SMEGGIE

A bigger Treo fan than I'll admit.
    Wow...Tuesday is almost here.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Are you going to post it all in "Marketplace" or eBay it all?
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    What's supposed to happen Tuesday?
    Yeah, Tueday? wha?
    Need information on Real Estate, Please contact me!!!
    www.TheMMTeam.com
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    Are you going to post it all in "Marketplace" or eBay it all?
    We'll have to wait to see what kind of news is delivered first...

SMEGGIE
    Yer pal,

SMEGGIE

Tuesday?? Was this meant for an Apple forum??
    GRRRR! will someone explain what is supposed to happen tuesday!
    Need information on Real Estate, Please contact me!!!
    www.TheMMTeam.com
    Is that Steve/Palm meaning Steve Sinclair of Palm, in which case it may be the 700P ROM Update? (The more likely scenario, and one to be hoped for)

Or is it Steve/Palm meaning Steve Jobs & Palm, in which case people could speculate that Apple is buying Palm, and Silly Season would officailly be here.
    (Highly improbable, and not to be wanted at this point by me).

I have no info on mystical Tuesday, but what ever DID you mean, Smeggie?! The kiddies will have a field day with the previous paragraph, so please 'spain...

"Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Look here: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=131719

And you will see familiar language below.

News to be Announced on Tuesday, April 17th on Palm Blog

I received an email from Steve Sinclair today. It states that the Palm Blog (will be the mechanism used for communication with the user community going forward. Thus my role as Treo Community intermediary will become obsolete. One of the things Steve had mentioned when we talked months back was that this campaign had sparked a lot of brainstorming at Palm to improve communication with the user community. I think this Palm Blog was a pretty good result of our efforts. I am proud we helped bring it about. Rest assured though that I will still continue this thread until the firmware update is our hands.

What I get out of Steve's email is that there was probably an internal miscommunication at Palm concerning the announcement. I think he thought he was going to announce it when the Blog kicked off (thus later in the week) but the Blog powers that be had scheduled it for Tuesday. At least that is my read on it since Steve has been pretty upfront about everything. But you can read for yourself:
    "Hi Bob,
    As you probably read, we launched our new Palm blog this week. That's the forum where I'm going to provide the revised date for the 700p update. Going forward that blog is going to be the mechanism we use to talk about support issues since it ensures more reliable coverage by the community sites and allows customers to comment directly. As it turns out, I won't be posting my blog this week - it's slated for next Tuesday instead and just wanted to let you know.

Steve"
    SMEGGIE
    Yer pal,

SMEGGIE

They already said the Linux device will be released at the end of the year.

I predict we won't see any new phone besides the 755 and a wm 700wx replacement. They won't replace the 750 otherwise they won't offer the wm6 upgrade for free.

So I fail to see any Tuesday announcement that will change your mind.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    They already said the Linux device will be released at the end of the year.

I predict we won't see any new phone besides the 755 and a wm 700wx replacement. They won't replace the 750 otherwise they won't offer the wm6 upgrade for free.

So I fail to see any Tuesday announcement that will change your mind.
    ...whatever

SMEGGIE
    Yer pal,

SMEGGIE

Quote Originally Posted by J0V3 View Post
    GRRRR! will someone explain what is supposed to happen tuesday!
    They're gonna tell us they are working on it and they will have a update soon. What else would you expect?
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    Pretty much what I expect. And I doubt they will make the new OS available to the 700 series becasue it would leave us with little motivation to upgrade.

Even if the come across with a true mea culpa, the update will have to be pretty spectacular to keep me from having a similar clearance sale, which includes two cradles, two chargers, the Palm BT headset (good luck getting it to remain paired!) and very nice Sena case...
    Quote Originally Posted by SMEGGIE View Post
    ...whatever

SMEGGIE
    That's the same thing palm thinks about our problems/complaints--i think Tuesday is going to be another "we're working on it, and it's coming" type announcement, that's it imho.
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
    Hey Smeggie, What are ya gonna switch to?

Treo users would rather fight than switch.