1.    #1  
    Is there an app that turns off touchpad during calls but that could allow you to use the touchpad if you hit a key or button?

No matter how hard I try, while on a call and on the screen with the dialpad, I constantly hit keys with my face/ear, etc.

Ideally, the app would turn the touchpad off during the call but then back on afterwards AND and have a feature where I could override it while on the phone if I wanted to use the touchpad to take down a memo or otherwise use the screen.
  2. tck
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Phone Technician may work for you. It has a function, "Screen off during call," but you will need to press a hard key to get back functionality.
    I just use the built-in prefs to disable the screen during calls.. If I need to use an on-screen button I just 5-way to it.
    I believe treoguard also does this...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I disabled my touch screen via the built-in-prefs on my 650. When on a call if I need to take a memo, I hit home button and when in apps, the screen is ENabled. when I go back to the phone app, its disabled.

Have you tried that?
  6.    #6  
    OK. I'm an *****. I thought I tried disabling it in prefs - but then couldn't use it to take a memo during a call. The fact is that you can indeed take a memo with the screen disabled on a call.

Thanks folks.