Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Sprint. I am very happy
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    Nope, figure the 755p will be buggy and expensive.
    700p will be marked down and with rebates, will be dirt cheap.

Actually, it seems the 755p is pretty cheap - $279 w/rebate & service:
    http://www.palm.com/us/products/smartphones/treo755p/index.html?creativeID=HmPg_BB|treo755p_sprint_announcement

Verizon's price for a 700p right now is $250 w/rebate & service, so cheaper, but not much.

As far as being happy with the device, I am mostly happy. The only lag I see is about 30 seconds after the end of a phone call, plus its been pretty stable. I get a reset about once a month, but I think if you do soft resets regularly it helps. The only complaint I have is the form factor - I came from a Kyocera 7135, and loved the "brick"ness of that phone. I could (and did!) throw it against a wall and it would not only still work, but hardly have a scratch on it. With the 700p, usually if I drop it, the SD card comes out, and there's a lot of cosmetic damage. I should have gotten a case for it when I first got it, but its been banged up so much since then I don't really care anymore. Overall, I am happy with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TJSunDevil View Post
    Actually, it seems the 755p is pretty cheap - $279 w/rebate & service:
    http://www.palm.com/us/products/smartphones/treo755p/index.html?creativeID=HmPg_BB|treo755p_sprint_announcement

Verizon's price for a 700p right now is $250 w/rebate & service, so cheaper, but not much.

As far as being happy with the device, I am mostly happy. The only lag I see is about 30 seconds after the end of a phone call, plus its been pretty stable. I get a reset about once a month, but I think if you do soft resets regularly it helps. The only complaint I have is the form factor - I came from a Kyocera 7135, and loved the "brick"ness of that phone. I could (and did!) throw it against a wall and it would not only still work, but hardly have a scratch on it. With the 700p, usually if I drop it, the SD card comes out, and there's a lot of cosmetic damage. I should have gotten a case for it when I first got it, but its been banged up so much since then I don't really care anymore. Overall, I am happy with it.
    Well, I wrote that before the pricing for the 755p was announced and past history was that new Treos cost well above $400 for customers in contract.
    As I've posted, I got my 700p 3 days ago, cost me $350 out of pocket and I'm submitting $325 in rebates (2 Sprint, $150 and $100 and 1 $75 Sprint/Kellogg's), so if I get them, the phone is $25, well cheaper than a 755p.
    BTW, I love this phone, maybe it's because EVDO was turned on in my area this week, but I am loving the 700p.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123