1.    #1  
    I've got a Gmail account forwarding to a mail2web account, with EAS sync, and it has been sweet, except now it is not working. The "Push" isn't working, and when I hit sync, I get one of three errors, the most common being:
    AirSAMSstatemachine.c
    3299 1510

The second one is pretty similar to the one above with more lettering, and a "server time error." (I think I installed the DST patch correctly, I'm almost positive.)

The 3rd is a "the server is overloaded," which seems to be happening with a greater frequency....

Any ideas on what to do?

Thanks, and now I'm going to crash...

Purdue
    Mail2Web hasn't been working for me for weeks now. I get the same error as you. Apparently we aren't the only people having problems with Mail2Web. Check out this thread. I'm now forwarding my Gmail account to FastMail.fm and I'm using Chatter. Chatter is cool but I'm not sure if I'm going to stick with it.
    ~Jessi~

Handspring Visor > Handspring Visor Edge - Silver > Handspring Treo 90 > Palm Tungsten T3 > Palm Treo 680 - Arctic
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jessi_9783 View Post
    Mail2Web hasn't been working for me for weeks now. I get the same error as you. Apparently we aren't the only people having problems with Mail2Web. Check out this thread. I'm now forwarding my Gmail account to FastMail.fm and I'm using Chatter. Chatter is cool but I'm not sure if I'm going to stick with it.
    Thanks Jessi. I assume fastmail.fm is push?

Thanks,

Purdue
    Yes, but it's IMAP not Exchange.
    ~Jessi~

Handspring Visor > Handspring Visor Edge - Silver > Handspring Treo 90 > Palm Tungsten T3 > Palm Treo 680 - Arctic
  5.    #5  
    Can you dumb it down? Does that mean that it will still instantly/automatically come to the Treo, but it doesn't use an Exchange server? If that is correct, I guess that I'll have only email, and not calendar and contacts?

Thanks,

Purdue
    IMAP is still push it just doesn't use an Exchange server. I don't know about calendar/contacts. I only synced email when I used Mail2Web. If you still want to use an Exchange server, maybe you should find another provider.
    ~Jessi~

Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by purdue1014 View Post
    I've got a Gmail account forwarding to a mail2web account, with EAS sync, and it has been sweet, except now it is not working. The "Push" isn't working, and when I hit sync, I get one of three errors, the most common being:
    seems like they had some server problems - works for me again now
  8. Me2
    Global Posts
    336 Global Posts
    As an alternative to Fastmail.fm, a free AIM mail account works perfectly with Chattermail and push IMAP too.
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Me2 View Post
    As an alternative to Fastmail.fm, a free AIM mail account works perfectly with Chattermail and push IMAP too.
    well, the big advantage of mail2web is the fact that it's free and that it doesn't require you to shed 39$ for an additional e-mail client as it's compatible with the on that comes with your Treo 680.

However: 3 days of down-time for fixing server problems is not acceptable. I hope it doesn't happen again.
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dakis View Post
    However: 3 days of down-time for fixing server problems is not acceptable. I hope it doesn't happen again.
    I just found on their website that the downtime happened because the services were moved to faster servers and because there were some issues with Exchange itself. While 3 days is still not an acceptable timeframe to me, the services are up and running again now.
    maybe you happened to notice m2w being down for 3 days...but it was down for much longer. I think it was about a week and a half to two weeks of downtime. I don't recall the exact amount of downtime days...but I know it was a lot longer than 3 days.
    Follow Me On

12. Me2
    Global Posts
    336 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dakis View Post
    well, the big advantage of mail2web is the fact that it's free and that it doesn't require you to shed 39$ for an additional e-mail client as it's compatible with the on that comes with your Treo 680.

True, but then to me Chattermail's worth the price for the program alone as IMO it totally wipes the floor with Versamail. The other reason I bought Chattermail was that Versamail on the 650 stupidly forced you to sync the Calendar with Exchange - there was no way of doing mail only on Activesync. And there was no way I was going to share all my appointments, meeting agendas, conference call details or personal social calendar with an unknown 3rd party.

Shame the Chattermail development's stopped - but the silver lining is that the developer has gone to work for Palm - so who knows what benefits we might see down the road from his input?

As a user of both applications (and WM/Palm platforms), I can say that Chattermail/AIM has been much more reliable for me lately than Outlook and mail2web. So much so I'm back in the land of PalmOS my day to day device (for now...)
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Me2 View Post
    As a user of both applications (and WM/Palm platforms), I can say that Chattermail/AIM has been much more reliable for me lately than Outlook and mail2web. So much so I'm back in the land of PalmOS my day to day device (for now...)
    I did try Chattermail - and while it certainly has a ton of features and, in this respect, is better than versamail, it crashes a lot on my 680. So far I'm still looking for the truly reliable Blackberry-style e-mail solution for my Treo.