Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Hello all,

Borszczuk from 1SRC just put out a freeware program to intergrate GPS funtctionality for Google Maps for Palm OS!!! I tested it today and it works awsome!! For this to work you do need a bluetooth GPS...
    The PRC file is attached below...
    Here is the link with more info and the program also...
    http://www.1src.com/freeware/fileinfo.php?id=1708
    Enjoy!!!

Fridayy
    Attached Files Attached Files
    It's really, really slow to close the Bluetooth connection exiting or launching GMM.. And it'd be nice if it would automatically load the previously used GPS unit.

Nice to have the integration though. Something Google needs to get off their duff and do.
    You know, I found a site a few months ago that claimed this same functionality. I seem to recall that it worked with BT and wired. Shoulda bookmarked it . . .

Since I've got other GPS stuff, and have been pretty busy, I've not looked at it since then.
    Cool! Will check this out!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    This App.works perfect on my 650 /TomTom mkll and Google maps ! Don't know why its not on the front page ??? Very handy !
    Great app, thanks !!!
    found on http://wfmh.org.pl/carlos/

version 1.2 is out

1.2 (2007.05.09)
    ----------------------------

- Fixed a crash on exit that may occur on some devices
    - Added "Get Google Maps Mobile..." item to Help menu.

1.1 (2007.04.23 )

- Fixed problem with non-Treos, that used to have problems while
    switching to GMM due to locked serial connection (which caused
    GPRS connection to fail)
    - Latitude and Longitude fields were swapped
    - Added "Quit", "Get my Coords" and "Show on Map" menu items
    - Added "Check for upgrade" funcionality (requires internet
    connection)

1.0 (2007.04.11)

- Initial release
    Attached Files Attached Files
    works with wired gps yet?
    I got really excited by this, then realized that it only gives you a one-point momentary position. As it is, this is just a novelty. Maybe useful if its all you've got and you really have no idea where you are. What it needs is to give real time updates of your position to GMM, tracking you as you progress on your route.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Cat View Post
    I got really excited by this, then realized that it only gives you a one-point momentary position. As it is, this is just a novelty. Maybe useful if its all you've got and you really have no idea where you are. What it needs is to give real time updates of your position to GMM, tracking you as you progress on your route.

That would pretty much make it TomTom. I doubt they would add all that functionality for free but who knows.
    Last edited by cutoffcirc; 05/19/2007 at 11:50 AM. Reason: error
    SE P900-->Treo 650 (Cingular)-->Qtek 9100-->Treo 650 (Unlocked)-->Treo 680 (Unlocked)-->Treo 650-->ATT Tilt-->Blackberry Curve-->?PRE
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    I'm not sure exactly how fancy it is but I think some of the newer windows OS phones have googlemaps integrated into them. Not sure if it works with the the GPS int he phone or not. But my neighbor got a Moto Q and he was telling me he can link to googlemaps from his address book and get a map and directions.

So Google is obviously working with the cell phone people to some degree - so i wonder if one day they dont have an official Google version that works with gps and is tomtom like....