Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jae_63 View Post
    But I did try it (and it wouldn't grant me access) ... that's why I posted my message. Apparently the coverage of the DC metro area is incomplete, at best, at this time.
    did you register for online banking from your desktop computer first???
    Quote Originally Posted by msgott View Post
    did you register for online banking from your desktop computer first???
    Yes, I'm a longtime user of the BoA online banking service [on that particular desktop machine and some others]
    Quote Originally Posted by ymeagle View Post
    I used to get on the BofA website all the time on my treo now it says that I have to "sign up for mobile banking" I looked all over the web site (desktop) and could find nothing. I called and they said, "we only have it set up for Tenn." What the crap is that?

Does anyone know how I can get around this? It forces WAP site instead of HTML . THanks
    According to BofA's Mobile Banking FAQ, you're supposed to register for Mobile Banking from the Online Banking site's Customer Service page. If you're like me and tried this, you probably are not yet eligible for the service: "Mobile Banking is currently available in select regions. We’ll notify you through Online Banking when it becomes available in your area."
    I have access to the BofA web site from my Treo, but for some reason Blazer does not display the "Sign In" button. So I can't actually sign in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace View Post
    I have access to the BofA web site from my Treo, but for some reason Blazer does not display the "Sign In" button. So I can't actually sign in.
    You can get the site, but when you try to log on, it will deny you access. I guess you cant get past the SiteKey (button will disappear).
    I used to get the "Sign In" button. After checking with the B of A website, they now indicate that access is no longer allowed from a mobile device.

I guess we will all have to wait until Mobile Banking becomes available in our respective geographic areas.

Stalker768
  7.    #27  
    Ok thanks 4 the help. I guess my point is why cut my access until they get there crap in order. Jolly 4 those of you who have in the mean time I'm screwed
    Ymeagle

Treo 700p Sprint Favorite apps in order: phone, navigator (tomtomGPS) , NV Backup, Docstogo, Versa, keycaps, minitones, PdaNet, Butler, palmPDF, volcare, AOL im, DA, BOLD MEANS FREE
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Here's something you can do instead, which is great - use Yodlee.Com.
    I've been using them for about 4-5 years now (A LONG time) and they aggrigate all different types of Bank Accounts, CC info, etc. into one place. They have just recently added mobile support, so you can see all that information from one place.

While you can't transfer funds from account to account, you can look at just about everything in one place. Very very VERY cool. To get to the mobile site, go to mobile.yodlee.com

But sign up at www.yodlee.com first. Again - great site.
    Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace View Post
    then you are not going to the website i posted above.
    I got to the site, went thru the standard log in, and it wouldn't let me in. It advised me to go the BOA website to activate Mobile Banking. I made it all the way thru my site key, etc. Anyone have a link to activate the mobile version? I see nothing at all on the BOA website.
    My Treo: I think I'll keep her. All dressed up for prom and her date Foleo stood her up
    Do you use your account number, SSN, or your illegal alien number?

He He
    Curt

StarTAC ST7868W w/ Motorola StarTAC Clipon Organizer; Treo 600; Treo 700P; Palm Pre Plus all on Verizon
  12.    #32  
    By the way those of you who are telling me to sign up for mobile banking. Thats not possible for the areas where this is "not yet availible" Like I said in the mean time i'm screwed!
    Ymeagle

Treo 700p Sprint Favorite apps in order: phone, navigator (tomtomGPS) , NV Backup, Docstogo, Versa, keycaps, minitones, PdaNet, Butler, palmPDF, volcare, AOL im, DA, BOLD MEANS FREE
    My access to www.bofa.mobi is now working ... I just noticed this today, and I'm pretty sure that this option only became available to me within the last week or two. It's pretty nice ... does what it should.

As I mentioned in previous posts, I live in Bethesda, MD, which is a close-in suburb of Washington, DC.
    Looks like it is working for me as well...live in baltimore md.
    www.bofa.mobi works for me in MA. I did not have to sign-up or pay any fee.
    Quote Originally Posted by msgott View Post
    BoA just added mobile banking to the DC Metro area this week. They are in the process of rolling it out. It's awesome! Very slick interface. Easy to use and much, much quicker than using the regular BoA site. web address is www.bofa.mobi
    You have to go on the BoA website from a regular browser and sign up for Mobile Banking (which was a 2 second process) and go from there.
    Interesting.. i didnt sign up for anything.. and i just went directly to my bofa.mobi and walla.. there it all was..
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I live in Tennessee. I had the most difficult time with Bank of America on my Treo too until about a month ago when they activated the wap version here. It works pretty good. I tried everything and other browsers when they first started the whole mobile banking thing. Everything works fine now. You have to enable mobile banking. You get to it by signing in then going to customer service tab. There you will find the ability to turn on mobile banking and then you have to register your phone. They want to know your number and who your wervice is through. After that, all should be working fine. The verification is the same as if you were doing it from a computer, the picture, questions, and all. Also there is no charge for mobile banking. Good luck!
    BOA proves that leading edge technology will keep consumers happy (when it works)! It works in Jax, Fl now!
    Working fine from Tampa, FL. The earlier issues might have been due to a slow nationwide rollout.
    Quote Originally Posted by jae_63 View Post
    My access to www.bofa.mobi is now working ... I just noticed this today, and I'm pretty sure that this option only became available to me within the last week or two. It's pretty nice ... does what it should.

As I mentioned in previous posts, I live in Bethesda, MD, which is a close-in suburb of Washington, DC.
    im in new jersey and this mobile site for BOFA works perfectly, and its pretty fast on the Treo. i have been using it for a few weeks
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12