1.    #1  
    Almost every time I email a picture it gets almost to 100% and then it stops and the message doesn't get sent. It ends up in the drafts folder and I keep trying with no success. Sometimes it does actually work though. WTF is going on?
    I never have a problem, perhaps it's a network or software problem.
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    Mine goes thru no problem, i use versamail and it goes thru my web hosting company.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I regularly send 1-7MB photos taken with my Treo or hi-res camera out of versamail using cingular with no problems. Must be your network?
    PalmIII>PalmIIIxe>Palm TungstenT>Treo650>Treo680
    Hmmmm...no problem here
    couple of times I had that problem before the EVDO came to my neighborhood. Would re-send and would work but would keep the phone out of my pocket, etc., whilst sending to try and keep a good signal.
    Since EVDO, it's flawless.
    Use outlook for it through company server, no 3rd party stuff. The mms is the one that gave me a few problems.
    Last edited by geoloser; 04/12/2007 at 10:54 AM. Reason: to clarify
  7.    #7  
    I guess maybe its a network thing then. It doesn't work more often than it works for what ever reason. I was trying to send two photos earlier through gmail via versamail and it just wouldn't go. So I switched to my suddenlink account and they went. I think its probably just coincidence though.
    Quote Originally Posted by MossMan View Post
    Almost every time I email a picture it gets almost to 100% and then it stops and the message doesn't get sent. It ends up in the drafts folder and I keep trying with no success. Sometimes it does actually work though. WTF is going on?
    I think you actually mean "MMS" when you say "email"...

Usually this behavior happens when the Treo switches APNs (from isp.cingular to wap.cingular with Cingular, internet2 or internet3 to wap.voicestream.com for T-Mobile, etc.) to send MMS and something else (often an email or IM app. Chatter in IMAP IDLE mode is notorious for this; even with Marc's "enhance MMS compatibility" option checked, I still have trouble) tries to make a data connection while the MMS is being delivered, causing the Treo to switch back to its normal APN again and leaving the MMS delivery incomplete.

If Cingular allowed access to their MMSC from isp.cingular and T-Mobile did the same from internet2/internet3, this wouldn't be an issue, but they don't...

-SC
    "Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today. There might be a law against it by that time." -/usr/games/fortune
    Quote Originally Posted by MossMan View Post
    I guess maybe its a network thing then. It doesn't work more often than it works for what ever reason. I was trying to send two photos earlier through gmail via versamail and it just wouldn't go. So I switched to my suddenlink account and they went. I think its probably just coincidence though.
    Hmm...so it was really email and not MMS after all. That is weird...

-SC
    "Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today. There might be a law against it by that time." -/usr/games/fortune
  10.    #10  
    yep. as an attachment via versamail.