Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 65
  1. #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by jakaz_1234 View Post
    http://www.palm.com/us/software/backup_beta/

    Go on the pc - you need to enter the phone number and go through a captcha security info field . Easier
    I have filled out the form like 5 times i.e. entered my cell number, entered my carrier (sprint) and then entered the weird security characters and I STILL have not received an SMS/text and it's been about an hour.

    Anyone else have this problem? Why is it always me that has the problem??????
    <a href="http://www.wunderground.com/US/CA/Trabuco.html?bannertypeclick=miniDial">
    <img src="http://banners.wunderground.com/banner/ban/wxBanner?bannertype=miniDial&zip=92679" border=0
    </a>
  2. #42  
    Use go to http://www.palm.com/backup to download it from the Treo.

    It is beta so it doesn't do important things like let you restore the data back to your device.

    Why they would put it out without this is silly, yes they want to see haw their servers handle the load of backing up a lot of people at once - but I would have had a restore option ready for the beta too.

    Of course they have not published any news release either so it is purely for us who would try no matter that we can't get it back to complete the test. They did mention it on http://mobile.palm.com
    For those who want to stick to a card backup, maybe you need to get a $10 1GB SD card.
    http://astore.amazon.com/palmloyal-20/detail/B00070QI1I

    I have screenshots over at http://www.palmloyal.com/addons.php?...rint&sid=17923 for those who want to get more info without trying it yet.
    Last edited by godschoice; 04/13/2007 at 07:47 AM.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

    Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    2483274973
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
  3. #43  
    Installed and ran program. Said that it would not back up contacts and calander because I sync with Exchange server, which I do not! Where is problem and how do I fix. Thanks for any ideas.
    Bruce
  4. #44  
    godschoice, So you're saying that once you've backed up your information you can't retrieve it, in an emergency situation, on the Treo?
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    godschoice, So you're saying that once you've backed up your information you can't retrieve it, in an emergency situation, on the Treo?
    Yes, that is correct.

    Look at the pictures (link and pictures optimized for Treo viewing) on th elink below.

    http://www.palmloyal.com/addons.php?...rint&sid=17923

    In PalmBackupBeta c. 1.0A, there is NO button or link to any restore functions.

    I guess some thought it wasn't important enough to try yet. They guess they don't want someone overwriting anything until they have it a little better (or it is a huge oversight by the developer).

    I have 827 Contacts, 205 Calendar Events, 6436 CallLog entries (and I am not a big), 68 Bookmarks, 476 Memos and 17 Favorites and my my initial backup took nearly an hour.

    Like I said before they are more than likely testing the backup portion first to get a fill for how long it would take on the various types of Treos. To see what the data sizes are for average users versus the crazies (heavy duty) users.
    Last edited by godschoice; 04/13/2007 at 09:03 AM.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

    Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    2483274973
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by godschoice View Post
    Yes, that is correct.

    Look at the pictures (link and pictures optimized for Treo viewing) on th elink below.

    http://www.palmloyal.com/addons.php?...rint&sid=17923

    In PalmBackupBeta c. 1.0A, there is NO button or link to any restore functions.

    I guess some thought it wasn't important enough to try yet. They guess they don't want someone overwriting anything until they have it a little better (or it is a huge oversight by the developer).

    I have 827 Contacts, 205 Calendar Events, 6436 CallLog entries (and I am not a big), 68 Bookmarks, 476 Memos and 17 Favorites and my my initial backup took nearly an hour.

    Like I said before they are more than likely testing the backup portion first to get a fill for how long it would take on the various types of Treos. To see what the data sizes are for average users versus the crazies (heavy duty) users.
    The restore function works great. I have done a few hard resets/download the app/auto restores and it works flawlessly for what it does.
  7. #47  
    Have you looked in your spam folder?
  8. #48  
    FROM GODSCHOICE
    Yes, that is correct.

    Look at the pictures (link and pictures optimized for Treo viewing) on th elink below.

    http://www.palmloyal.com/addons.php?...rint&sid=17923

    In PalmBackupBeta c. 1.0A, there is NO button or link to any restore functions.

    I guess some thought it wasn't important enough to try yet. They guess they don't want someone overwriting anything until they have it a little better (or it is a huge oversight by the developer).

    I have 827 Contacts, 205 Calendar Events, 6436 CallLog entries (and I am not a big), 68 Bookmarks, 476 Memos and 17 Favorites and my my initial backup took nearly an hour.

    Like I said before they are more than likely testing the backup portion first to get a fill for how long it would take on the various types of Treos. To see what the data sizes are for average users versus the crazies (heavy duty) users.


    The key is that you have to hard reset the device just like what dutchtrumpet and I have done several times to avail of the restore function. Otherwise it will just keep backing up your data until the time you find the need to hard reset your device and would want to restore your data OTA
  9. jeff275's Avatar
    Posts
    60 Posts
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    #49  
    I figured the restore function had to show up if you did a hard reset and re-downloaded the app, but I sure as heck wasn't going to test that theory.

    On a different note, yesterday afternoon (I installed yesterday) it seemed like suddenly I wasn't getting text message notifications that I had emails (actually today they are delayed too). And last night I could barely get a text message to go through. Most of them never would send. So I tried to delete the application in Launcher X and it said it couldn't. I went into the old-school launcher and chose delete. I'm pretty sure it didn't delete everything and my text message problem didn't go away. So today I re-downloaded the app (the text message link wouldn't allow me to download it again) and reinstalled. It couldn't sign in properly to my account but I got out and relaunched the app and selected a manual backup. It failed the first time but it looks like the second time just finished.

    I was just curious if anyone else had noticed similar problems?

    -Jeff
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet View Post
    The restore function works great. I have done a few hard resets/download the app/auto restores and it works flawlessly for what it does.
    It's nice to see you, Dutch!

    I saw your explanation in the other thread...thanks for clearing it up.
  11. #51  
    I posted a review of this app to my site, it works very well for backing up and getting your critical information back. I can see Palm putting this in the ROM of future Treos, it has that Palm elegant simplicity to it.

    http://gadgetsonthego.net/2007/04/re...ckup-beta.html
    Last edited by JimmieGeddes; 04/13/2007 at 11:23 AM.
    Jimmie Geddes
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    It's nice to see you, Dutch!

    I saw your explanation in the other thread...thanks for clearing it up.
    Howdy
  13. #53  
    I'm sure Palm doesn't want to step on 3rd party developers, also this is great because most people don't install 3rd party apps on their Treo. Palm is just adding another simplistic feature to their devices.
    Last edited by JimmieGeddes; 04/13/2007 at 12:41 PM.
    Jimmie Geddes
  14. #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff275 View Post
    I figured the restore function had to show up if you did a hard reset and re-downloaded the app, but I sure as heck wasn't going to test that theory.

    On a different note, yesterday afternoon (I installed yesterday) it seemed like suddenly I wasn't getting text message notifications that I had emails (actually today they are delayed too). And last night I could barely get a text message to go through. Most of them never would send. So I tried to delete the application in Launcher X and it said it couldn't. I went into the old-school launcher and chose delete. I'm pretty sure it didn't delete everything and my text message problem didn't go away. So today I re-downloaded the app (the text message link wouldn't allow me to download it again) and reinstalled. It couldn't sign in properly to my account but I got out and relaunched the app and selected a manual backup. It failed the first time but it looks like the second time just finished.

    I was just curious if anyone else had noticed similar problems?

    -Jeff
    Dunno if it's related, but a lot of text messages that I've been sending are being received as garbage. That didn't start happening until yesterday after I installed the app, but usually a reboot would fix it.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
  15. #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggrey View Post
    Dunno if it's related, but a lot of text messages that I've been sending are being received as garbage. That didn't start happening until yesterday after I installed the app, but usually a reboot would fix it.

    I got about 4 of these strange SMS messages after I did a hard reset to try the restore.
    I did a more in depth review at http://www.palmloyal.com/addons.php?...rint&sid=17924
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

    Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    2483274973
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
  16. #56  
    I have noticed a TON of EVDO/Power Vision activity (up and down blue arrows) after doing the install. Not sure if that is related either.
    <a href="http://www.wunderground.com/US/CA/Trabuco.html?bannertypeclick=miniDial">
    <img src="http://banners.wunderground.com/banner/ban/wxBanner?bannertype=miniDial&zip=92679" border=0
    </a>
  17. #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    Not to mention that with NVBackup you can copy your data (ftp) to any remote server that you feel like... (it does take a l-o-n-g time though, to copy the full backup data with GPRS).
    lol i feel your pain... even on EDGE it takes close to 30 minutes. I only do it once a week. But its complete backup unlike Palm's Backup which is only PIM data. But its a start. People who have used Sidekicks/Hiptops know the desktop interface. I wish Palm had something like that. Definitely harder to do on Palm then the Hiptop, because hiptop is a closed platform... but still workable.
    -----------------
    http://kunjan.net
  18. #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    I'm sure Palm doesn't want to step on 3rd party developers, also this is great because most people don't install 3rd party apps on their Treo. Palm is just adding another simplistic feature to their devices.
    Really?? I thought almost everyone installed some third party apps on their Treos...you almost have to, to get it to do all that it should
  19. #59  
    A few years back Palm did a study and found that most people don't install 3rd party apps on their devices. I agree that 3rd party apps do the job, some people that I work with that have Treos don't have 1 3rd party app installed. They just use it for cell phone, calendar, messaging and web.
    Jimmie Geddes
  20.    #60  
    If Palm still provided the ancient expense tracker that I remember from Way Back When, I could "almost" get away without installing a 3rd party program. But all of the fun stuff comes from adding new software -- even if it is just a replacement for Media Player.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions