Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    My 700p had been acting funny all day. After the latest freeze I hit the reset button and I got a white screen with red text saying:

Update ROM image?
    Yes = <UP> button
    No = any other button

For a second I thought our elusive ROM update had somehow been downloaded without my knowledge. I chose "no" to be on the safe side but that just led to a red, green, blue and white checkered screen. I reset the phone again. This time I chose "Yes." It said "ROM image not found on card" and took me to the checkered screen again.

I'm going to the Sprint store on my lunch in about 30 minutes. Anyone ever see this before? Or know how to fix it? I have to pull the battery to try to reboot. The reset button doesn't even work.
    u got into a service mode...rom boot or something like that. Just reset again. push the button quickly without holding any other buttons and u should be fine.
    838 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bling300c View Post
    u got into a service mode...rom boot or something like that. Just reset again. push the button quickly without holding any other buttons and u should be fine.
    Nope that wasn't it.

I went back to the Sprint store. The techs couldn't get it to start so they could even diagnose it. I was given a new 700p.

700p #1
    12/1/06-4/11/07