Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Can I put custom ringtones on the 700? If so, can I put my own custom ones on there? If so, how?

Thanks!!
    You should be able to, you can on the 650 and 680...

If you want Midis, just go to TreoTones or TreoBits with Blazer and download them directly to the Treo. They will show up in the Sounds App.

If you want MP3s, you need a third party app like MiniTones and an SD card.
    your treo 700p can play m4a sounds (aac), itunes plays them as well

go to funformobile.com

if u want to make your own i would suggest audacity to cut mp3 or wav files then place your 30sec sound in itunes, right click and convert to aac then use funformobile.com to send to phone
    ...or just trim them with Minitones right on the Treo
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    ...or just trim them with Minitones right on the Treo
    That's what I did.
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    your treo 700p can play m4a sounds (aac), itunes plays them as well

go to funformobile.com

if u want to make your own i would suggest audacity to cut mp3 or wav files then place your 30sec sound in itunes, right click and convert to aac then use funformobile.com to send to phone
    If you're using iTunes, you don't need to bother using Audacity. You can create your clips in iTunes. Make sure your iTunes importing preferences are set to import as AAC files. You can change this back to its current setting when you're finished. Right click on the track you want to edit and select Get Info, click Options, and then set your start and stop times. Then right click on the song and convert that file to an AAC file. It will give you your short clip as a separate file. Then go back to your original file and again go into Get Info and Options to uncheck the stop time you previously set on that file.
    Where do you get minitones from?Also how can you send ringtones by sms text messaging
    Quote Originally Posted by jwfos22 View Post
    Where do you get minitones from?Also how can you send ringtones by sms text messaging
    not sure about minitones..
    u can use sprintusers.com to send ringtone via sms
    (focus tab)

if u have verizon, u are beat, they block it
    Minitones...

http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-1053.html

In your Sounds App, highlight the ringtone you want to send, hit "send" at the bottom...choose "Messaging"
    Thanks italiangspot.Christina,the ringer was sent to me via bluetooth.I'm trying to send it to myself to save in sounds folder.When I go to send ,the only 3 things that come up or bluetooth,beam and versamail.How can I add messaging to the send with list.Thanks.
    the treo cannot play mp3 songs for ringers, right?

only with a 3rd party application like ringo and lightwav, phone technician
    Quote Originally Posted by jwfos22 View Post
    Thanks italiangspot.Christina,the ringer was sent to me via bluetooth.I'm trying to send it to myself to save in sounds folder.When I go to send ,the only 3 things that come up or bluetooth,beam and versamail.How can I add messaging to the send with list.Thanks.
    try this
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Thats right aac only.Ok but how can I send it as a sms message to my wifes razr.
    Ok now what will that zip do.
    open zip and in there, there is a prc file... that will add the option sms... when u try to send

not sure if u use takephone, but it also shows up in that menu ,so u can send a contact via sms, try it out
    Thanks alot.Will try after work.So it will show up in the send with menu?Also sorry I ask so many questions just want to get it right.
    yup, will show up when u hit send

if u want give me your email and i can email u the prc file directly then u can download from versamail now

or if there is no rush u can try later on after u hotsync
    Is the ringtone on your SD card? Like italiangspot said, the Treo can't natively see the MP3 format. If you have MP3s on an SD card and install Minitones, you can trim them and export directly into your Sounds app.

As for your wife's Razr, you could always send the ringtone to her mobile email address from VersaMail...
    Anyone else having the issue with their 700P that wav files and ring tones added to the phone get cut off half way through or always cuts the end of the sound off? If so, does anyone know if there is a fix or patch somewhere for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by cej22 View Post
    If you're using iTunes, you don't need to bother using Audacity. You can create your clips in iTunes. Make sure your iTunes importing preferences are set to import as AAC files. You can change this back to its current setting when you're finished. Right click on the track you want to edit and select Get Info, click Options, and then set your start and stop times. Then right click on the song and convert that file to an AAC file. It will give you your short clip as a separate file. Then go back to your original file and again go into Get Info and Options to uncheck the stop time you previously set on that file.
    Holy Crap! That works really well! Shortened song, made into AAC, sent it to my phone via FunForMobile.com and it's now apart of my sounds! I've tried dozens of things before, including Ringo Pro and this is the best. Thanks for the tip!
    Need information on Real Estate, Please contact me!!!
    www.TheMMTeam.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast