Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    from this article by Alan Grassia at One Source:

The single biggest measure that customers are holding these devices up to is stability. Many customers of the Treo 700-series devices that I have talked to in recent days say that they love the Treo, but it absolutely needs to just work. No crashing. No lagging when loading large databases. And there should be no mysterious Bluetooth connection problems.

With rumors that Palm is working on an upgrade to the current version of the Palm OS, many Palm customers are looking forward to the level of stability of Palm OS 5.2.1, the last version of Palm OS to be released before the spin off of PalmSource as an independent company.
    Well, at least we know that these problems will all be solved when the Great Linux Treo ships.

(To be replaced by other things for us to whine about).
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post
    Well, at least we know that these problems will all be solved when the Great Linux Treo ships.
    Yes, which should be about the time of the second generation iPhone.
    I don't have one, so I don't know...please don't flame me. Is the 700p really that bad? Worse than the 650 when it was first released?
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I am very happy with my 700P.

Maybe...there is...something wrong with me?
    I just had to get a replacement for my original 700P. That phone didn't have an HSSN number in the hardware and as a result I couldn't use Slingbox. I wound up getting a brand new 700P in the exchange and I'm delighted to report that this new phone works flawlessly! I experienced numerous phone resets, dropped calls, and very unstable bluetooth on my old phone, but this new phone is THE BOMB! I'm thinking that all 700P owners should clearly buy the insurance from the carriers and at the slightest sign of trouble, be insistent on new equipment until you get one that works as it should. I wish I did it all sooner!
    me too, that darn 700p, sure it lags from time to time, but i am consistently amazed at how well it does the most important things (phone? Crystal clear reception at both ends--email, chatter is perfect--text--threaded, and freezes from time to time, but nothing real bad--internet, great)

Bluetooth is bad, and I don't use it at all, but everytihng else is rock solid. very very happy.
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    I think these responses underscore the argument, and in part explain Palm's response.

The 700p appears to be, at best, "inconsistent". Some users report no problems, some have many. I don't think if I went to my local Sprint store and complained about my Palm BT headset they would give me a new 700p.

What Palm seems to count on is those of us who get exasperated and just give up, with respect to the the BT headset issue. Like eldiablo, I use my 700p and find it satisfactory in most other ways, but have given up on using BT headsets, at least for now.
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post
    Is this a mythical creature, like the Snufalufagus?
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eodell View Post
    Is this a mythical creature, like the Snufalufagus?
    I don't believe the existence of the Snufalufagus has been proven either way as of yet...they are kind of in the same pile as Bigfoot, the Yeti and the Loch Ness Monster...

SMEGGIE
    Yer pal,

SMEGGIE

A bigger Treo fan than I'll admit.
    ... it's the Great Pumpkin*, Linus!

(and just as mythical- at this point)

Oh, good grief!

And Perry is truly the most sincere in all the pumpkin-patch.

* now available in Pumpkin, Watermelon, and Squash colors,
    exclusively from Cingular(the new at&t).
    "Your World, Delivered"
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!