Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is there a way to switch your Palm OS device to Windows I have the treo 680 and I would like Windows OS on it. Any advice

Who are You talking to?

See Who Here
    No, it's not possible. Maybe you should try the 750? Or maybe Saguaro might work for you: http://www.pdaperformance.com/products/saguaro.html
    It's not possible. You'll have to get a Treo 750 if you want Windows Mobile.
  4.    #4  
    What exactly is Saguaro??

Who are You talking to?

See Who Here
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacobwelsh View Post
    What exactly is Saguaro??
    I included the link so you could answer that question for yourself!
  6.    #6  
    Oh now i see it thanks

Who are You talking to?

See Who Here
    Just sell what you have on ebay and buy a WM device.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

8.    #8  
    They only go for around 300 on ebay i would want more than that or how much are they worth

Who are You talking to?

See Who Here
    They only go for around 300 on ebay i would want more than that or how much are they worth
    I'm guessing they're worth what people pay on eBay.

(Sorry).
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Saguaro looks interesting.
  11.    #11  
    Ya it does but i wonder if it acts like zlauncher or something like that?? i wish i could find a beta version of it...

Who are You talking to?

See Who Here

Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post
    I'm guessing they're worth what people pay on eBay.

(Sorry).
    LOL!
    I own, and use both a Treo 680 and a Samsung Blackjack. My main phone is my Treo...and I really prefer it's easy usability and the fact that anywhere I want to go is only a single click away, and I love the touchscreen.

The Blackjack is my "weekend/backup" phone, although I am carrying it today at work, just for a change. I have had some "quality time" to get to know the WM5 OS better...and there are actually some things that I like better about the Windows OS and the Blackjack phone as a whole compared to the Treo...but not enough to want to use it full-time.

How long have you had your 680, Jacobwelsh? If you are not past the 30-day exchange period (assuming you are with Cingular), why not exchange it and put in a little extra cash and get the 750? Same form, but with the Windows system?
    Quote Originally Posted by davistld01 View Post
    The Blackjack is my "weekend/backup" phone, although I am carrying it today at work, just for a change.
    So you just left her at home, all by her lonesome like an old shoe???
  15.    #15  
    thats the thing i am within my 30 day period but they are saying since its a smart phone i cant. Is that crap??

Who are You talking to?

See Who Here
    thats the thing i am within my 30 day period but they are saying since its a smart phone i cant. Is that crap??
    What?? Who did you talk to? Is it Cingular or Palm? If you're within your 30-day trial period you should have no problem returning or exchanging the device, no matter what it is...
  17.    #17  
    its thorugh cingular they said due to the value of the phone they would not have any knowing if it was defective or not and the thing that Pis*s me off is i was in the store with the phone when they said this.

Who are You talking to?

See Who Here
    its thorugh cingular they said due to the value of the phone they would not have any knowing if it was defective or not and the thing that Pis*s me off is i was in the store with the phone when they said this.

I have exchanged phones many times...and it doesn't matter why you are exchanging the phone, you can do it if you are within the 30-day period.

Obviously you got hold of a jerk for a sales rep. They don't make any commission on exchanges...so some are not so ready to help. I am glad I have found some that don't mind.

I would call around your area to Cingular corporate stores, and explain your problem. Find a rep that will do the exchange for you, get his/her name, and ask for them when you get there.

If they do a good job for you, remember them. They can be your best friends when you need a situation or set-up handled.
    I agree with Terry. You got a rep on a bad day. Cingular is like Starbucks now, just find another official Cingular store and return/exchange your device. Now, if you went through a licensed "dealer" your only option may be to return it at that store, but you still every right to do it if you're within the 30 days.
  20.    #20  
    ok thanks i was just like WHAT i had the phone with me and it was working right there and he said i dont know if it works lol

Who are You talking to?

See Who Here
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast