Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So first we were all having issues with our 700Ps and we complained.

They responded to us with an open letter promising an update.

My faith in Palm was semi-restored.

Then came the announcement that they licensed back their old OS, I was now confident that this would get the ball rolling on an update.

Then they announced new phones, which wasnt a good sign for us, but it wasnt a bad sign either.

Soon after it was announced they were looking for a buyout. Bad news for us, a new company would likely cut back on the original staff and delay or end an update.

Then they announced they are going to concentrate on sales. Even worse news for us and them. They want new sales, we want our phones fixed and many will advise people not to get one. ( I know I have already persuaded 3 people not to get anything from Palm until the company has its act together)

Now they have announced they are working on a new OS. Great news for future phones, but as they said they are concentrating on sales, I doubt they will release it to be installed on our 700s.

So my faith in an update is pretty low right now. I'll deal with the buggy 700P for a while, until I find a phone I like better. Last week I also voted with my wallet and sold their stock. If you own shares in Palm, I suggest you send them a message as well.
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    My message will be to finally abandon Palm after being a supporter of their hardware and software. They took plenty of my money and basically gave me the shaft on the 700p.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Have faith in the almighty
    Have faith in your family
    Remember, it's only a phone
    Sell it, buy a different one and move on
    Last edited by haroldo; 04/10/2007 at 12:25 PM.
    There are ways of upgrading your phone for a fraction of the retail price.
    Contact retentions when the new phone is available, be nice, explain your past problems, and tell them (kindly) what you want for less than retail.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    There is also a point at which one decides enough is enough. I took advantage of a minor retention discount to get my 700p, but still paid quite a bit for a phone that essentially does not work as advertised and has yet to be properly supported by its manufacturer.
    yes, it does seem like us treo 700p users are getting the short end of the stick, especially with no update in 10 months since the phones release which I have never heard of before. This prompts me to want a windows mobile device, but I'm still at as standstill concerning that decision. They must be having problems with the update and don't want to admit it--that would just be the nail in the coffin for Palm with lawsuits etc. I think if they just admit these problems to the treo community, and offer us a substantial discount on the next upcoming treo, then they may still be able to save face and keep many of their long-time faithful treo users from leaving the treo for good. Out of 5 people I know that own a treo, three have gotten WM phones and haven't looked back since--a sign of things to come for Palm imho.
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ljj8503 View Post
    I think if they just admit these problems to the treo community, and offer us a substantial discount on the next upcoming treo, then they may still be able to save face and keep many of their long-time faithful treo users from leaving the treo for good.
    I would disagree with that. As a consumer I would only accept a straight up trade for a new palm phone, as the issue was not caused by me and the responsibility lies solely with them.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by haroldo View Post
    Have faith in the almighty
    Have faith in your family
    Remember, it's only a phone
    Sell it, buy a different one and move on

haroldo, I completely agree, it is just a phone.
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    I forgot to mention...have faith in a cure for cancer!
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theecigarman View Post
    I don't totally agree.

To some it's 'just a phone' but to others, like me for example, it's an entertainment device, a necessary distraction when flying, a reminder, a calendar, a contact database, a calculator, an up-to-the-minute weather forecaster, a time killer/waster, an alarm clock, a shopping list, an Internet appliance, a notepad, a mobile storage tool, a tool, a toy and yes...a phone.

SMEGGIE
    Yer pal,

SMEGGIE

A bigger Treo fan than I'll admit.
    If you believe it's just a phone, why didn't you pick up the free one when subscribing to your carrier? That phone is just a phone.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Let me reword my comment...
    It's not cancer, it's not the loss of a loved one, it's not the plague, it's not homelessness...it's just a (smart) phone
    I third that...(smart)Phone. I do have problems with mine sometimers but not much and it does good enough for what I use it for personal and work related. I don't play games or listen to music on it and I use my bluetooth only when I am at home being too lazy to hold the brick talking to friends. I can understand why it would be a problem to a user that is dependant on it so I do agree Palm could have or should have did something in regards to an update for this terrible 700p.
    Last edited by KStewart; 04/10/2007 at 05:17 PM.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by haroldo View Post
    Let me reword my comment...
    It's not cancer, it's not the loss of a loved one, it's not the plague, it's not homelessness...it's just a (smart) phone
    Again, I beg to differ...

I think it may well be the plague.

SMEGGIE
    Yer pal,

SMEGGIE

Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Okay, you win, the Treo 700p is on par with the plague
    Quote Originally Posted by SMEGGIE View Post
    To some it's 'just a phone' but to others, like me for example, it's an entertainment device, a necessary distraction when flying, a reminder, a calendar, a contact database, a calculator, an up-to-the-minute weather forecaster, a time killer/waster, an alarm clock, a shopping list, an Internet appliance, a notepad, a mobile storage tool, a tool, a toy and yes...a phone.
    The double-edged sword in this case for Palm is that they hooked us in with the ability to have a multi-function device, yet are forcing some of us - with the 700p - to either give up that same multi-functionality in frustration or look elsewhere.

In my case, I'm in the "give up/frustration" phase and have pared my apps down to a handful of necessary ones, which makes the $$ I spent very much not worth it. I'm out of contract with Sprint and sometime around June (Hmmmm!) I will be shopping for a non-Palm smartphone with likely fewer features, but which just works. Of course, since Palm has lowered my feature expectations (and abilities) with the 700p I may not miss any functionality.

Way to go Palm!
    Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    I don't have any problems with 700p other then bluetooth - and bluetooth problem is probably a hardware / chipset problem that cna't be addressed probably with software workaround/patch/firmware ugrade, otherwise we would see bluetooth patch loong time ago now- I have no faith in firmware ugrade for 700p - i'll wait for 755p and if it's a better phone - It will be time to call sprint retention department once again to get a new phone cheap, like i always did - and then sell 700p on ebay, making cost of 755p really low.
    After all treo line is the only decent palmos based smartphone. and WM is crap - i know it because I develop on it at work. I'm not even talking about moral aspect of giving your money to M$ and helping them kill competition and dominate yet another market
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    I don't totally agree.

SMEGGIE
    Smeggie, if you search my previous posts you will see I use my Treo for all things related to your description of your Treo. I have come to a conclusion after many devices and almost a year of time with the 700p that for me, it is only a phone. I have decided that I need a tool that can be relied on, doesn't need constant resetting and works like it should. That tool has become my laptop. I tried and tried to replace it with the 700p, but it's inability to work as described by Plam has driven me back to the good old standby.

Feel free to rant at me,as you usually do to those who haven't experienced the stellar performance of their treo as you have, just realize we can't always be wrong.

Cigar
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Smeggie, if you search my previous posts you will see I use my Treo for all things related to your description of your Treo. I have come to a conclusion after many devices and almost a year of time with the 700p that for me, it is only a phone. I have decided that I need a tool that can be relied on, doesn't need constant resetting and works like it should. That tool has become my laptop. I tried and tried to replace it with the 700p, but it's inability to work as described by Plam has driven me back to the good old standby.

Feel free to rant at me,as you usually do to those who haven't experienced the stellar performance of their treo as you have, just realize we can't always be wrong.

Cigar
    Feel free to rant at me? Whaddya think I am, Cigar??? Jeez!!!

Mine has never worked 'perfectly' but MOST OF THE TIME I can tolerate its shortcomings. Heck, I agree with ya...Plam has driven a lot of us back to old standbys...

Fuggin' Plam...

SMEGGIE
    Yer pal,

SMEGGIE

Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Fuggin' Plam...

SMEGGIE
    I'll agree with that.

The rant statement was caused by an altered state.

Cigar
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast