1.    #1  
    I finally got around to getting a GPS unit, a TomTom One device from Best Buy for $299. This thing is soooooooo cool ! I'm referring to the actual standalone unit, as opposed to a Treo app.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I have some questions for the experts out there please.

In trying to connect my TomTom One to my Sprint Treo 700p, I run into a problem. First problem is that the drop down menu on my TomTom only shows the Treo 650 as the only Treo choice. Next major problem is that Sprint is not even listed as a cell phone carrier. After pressing "Other" a couple times, the only alternative is to enter a cell phone connection manually, which I have no idea what to do.

My Sprint 700p does in fact pair up with the TomTom One via Bluetooth, but due to the aforementioned limitations, I cannot actually get the connection to really work. I also downloaded the CD program that came in the TomTom box, and downloaded whatever updates were available, but this too didn't work. What am I doing wrong?

From what I can tell, this is the newest version of TomTom One whereby all the entire U.S. and Canada maps are loaded directly into the unit itself, as opposed to the SD card. Is this better? What is the empty SD card slot useful for? Backups? Additional maps maybe?

How do you guys mount your TomTom One unit in your car? The suction cup plastic holder seems so insecure when suctioned to the inside of the windshield. Also, it's a b!tch to slide out the TomTom unit from the suction cup holder. I find that I have to take off the entire unit including the suction cup holder from the windshield. This is a pain. Another pain is that the position the unit is located on my lower windshield makes it hard to see the screen from all the glare from my car's shiney dashboard and outdoor sunlight. What do others do about this?

Do others use a special screen protector? I haven't even taken off the cheap plastic screen protector yet.

I've heard rumours there is a "Marilyn Monroe" voice for TomTom. I could not find this on the TomTom website. Where do I get this voice if anyone knows?

Where can I buy an AC charger unit for the TomTom? Does an accessory exist that can charge the TomTom via a portable battery charger (eg: from AA batteries or a 9 volt battery?). I've noticed that battery life isn't too long, which is something like only 2 hours. How do others handle this...always have the unit attached to your car's lighter charger?

Lastly, how do others use their TomTom One unit in conjunction with your Treo? Any tips appreciated.

Thanks a bunch! Sorry for all the questions. This thing is so very cool and portable. Easily fits into my jacket pocket. No more printing out stupid Mapquest paper directions...that's so dinasaur! -Casey
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    It's stand alone unit. You don't need to connect it to the phone, unless you want to use the 10 dollar a month traffic service.

About voices, I came across alot in the usual torrent places. I have Darth Vadar but I haven't seen the Monroe voice.