Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is anybody here using the full-coverage rubberized skin case from Seidio along with the rubberized belt-clip holster like this one...?

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=637

I have yet to find a really good leather horizontal pouch that won't irritate me by making me touch the screen with my thumb or something while removing it...thereby shutting off the ringer. Maybe with the holster, that won't happen. But, I really am in dire need of a case or holster that works.

If you are using the combo...will you please post a kind of mini-review telling the pros and cons?

Thanks very much!!
    I have the combo (with the crystal front rubberised back version, but otherwise the same). My 680 flew out of the holster roughly once every two days. One time on a very crowded train, causing me to crawl in amongst a bunch of very curious female passengers who thought I might be trying to look up their skirt. I have stopped using the holster because of that (the damage to the treo, not the damage to my reputation as a respectable fellow), but I still use the case. Basically, the holster doesnt seem to have enough of a grip on the treo, so anything that bumps it can dislodge it. Thats my opinion anyway. Of course, if you like the idea of crawling around crowded trains on the floor, then that is the holster for you!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by DIG View Post
    I have the combo (with the crystal front rubberised back version, but otherwise the same). My 680 flew out of the holster roughly once every two days. One time on a very crowded train, causing me to crawl in amongst a bunch of very curious female passengers who thought I might be trying to look up their skirt. I have stopped using the holster because of that (the damage to the treo, not the damage to my reputation as a respectable fellow), but I still use the case. Basically, the holster doesnt seem to have enough of a grip on the treo, so anything that bumps it can dislodge it. Thats my opinion anyway. Of course, if you like the idea of crawling around crowded trains on the floor, then that is the holster for you!
    Hmmmm...thanks, DIG. The thing I was most concerned about was the security of my phone in the holster...which apparently IS the issue, since the holster won't hold the phone safely with the case on. That's a bad deal...since I am in and out of automobiles and trucks all day in my business and having to worry about my phone popping out and slam dancing across the pavement would be added stress and anxiety I don't need.

Oh well...the search for the perfect Treo 680 holster/pouch/case continues for me anyway.
    I should add. The holster is actually designed for the treo with the case ON. It fits snugly, and if you didnt actually bump it out of the holster it would be fine. eg. you could probably run with it without worrying. The only problem is that it is pretty easy to bump it. In my case, on a couple of occasions, I was using headphones and the cable connected to the treo was the culprit, because it to easily gets caught on things.
    I have the same problem with the holster. either the clip gets caught on something and the treo goes flying or something hits the back of the phone pushing the tab up and the treo goes flying. I no longer use the holster but I continue to use the rubberized case. The rubberized case is great.
  6.    #6  
    These reports are disappointing. At first glance, I thought..."what a great idea!!". But, it turns out that perhaps Seidio didn't do much "field testing" before they released the case/holster combo on the market.

I guess having the case on the phone is great...since it protects the phone from damage when it pops out of the holster and goes flying!
    ....its seem to be that way with most of the cases - for the 680/750 ..series.

The only TREO VIDEO CAST on the internet!!!
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Thanks to this case/holster combo, my Crimson 680 has scrapes on every corner as well as all across the back cover. The problem is not only that the Treo comes off the holster rather easy but the case pops open when it hits the ground.Buying this case has been the worst thing I have done for my Treo.

P.S. The Treo will not fit in the palm cradle while in the case so I had resorted to not using my cradle just to not have the hassle of removing the case every night.
    Quote Originally Posted by davistld01 View Post
    Oh well...the search for the perfect Treo 680 holster/pouch/case continues for me anyway.
    Terry,

Have you looked at these?

http://www.rexregina.com/palmone1.htm
    I use still use the rubberized case but with it I use the Body Glove PDA Smartphone case. This combo works really well. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000N3YTRE/...E&linkCode=asn
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    Terry,

Have you looked at these?

http://www.rexregina.com/palmone1.htm
    Thanks, Christiana. That "Stanton" case looks like what I'm after, but I'm concerned that it will turn out to be a repeat of the same problems I have had with horizontal belt-clip cases (my personal favorite style), in that when I have to grasp the phone to take it out...my thumb hits the screen and turns off the ringer, leaving only the "answer" and "ignore" touch-boxes. By the time I get to it...the caller has hung up.

But, the RR cases look well made...although kinda pricey. I guess you get what you pay for...
    Whats all this Terry and Christiana stuff? People might start talking about you two...
    By the way Terry, I ultimately decided that the best holster was my front trouser/jeans pocket. With the case on, the phone is protected from scratches etc and if you put it in upside down, you can grab it without pressing buttons, and you can have a headphone jack plugged in...Dale
    Quote Originally Posted by davistld01 View Post
    Thanks, Christiana. That "Stanton" case looks like what I'm after, but I'm concerned that it will turn out to be a repeat of the same problems I have had with horizontal belt-clip cases (my personal favorite style), in that when I have to grasp the phone to take it out...my thumb hits the screen and turns off the ringer, leaving only the "answer" and "ignore" touch-boxes. By the time I get to it...the caller has hung up.

But, the RR cases look well made...although kinda pricey. I guess you get what you pay for...
    The Stanton is the one I'm interested in trying. I have the Harrison for the 650 and it's large enough that I can fit my skinned 680 in it now. The leather is gorgeous and ages nicely. The Harrison doesn't have a belt clip so I'd like to try the Stanton for those times I don't want to carry a handbag...

They're really not pricey at all if you consider the quality you're getting. Palm's leather cases are $40 and not nearly as beautiful or well made. Well actually, not beautiful at all...

Whats all this Terry and Christiana stuff? People might start talking about you two...
    By the way Terry, I ultimately decided that the best holster was my front trouser/jeans pocket. With the case on, the phone is protected from scratches etc and if you put it in upside down, you can grab it without pressing buttons, and you can have a headphone jack plugged in...Dale
    Dale, (feel a little more included now? ) you can't still wear it in your front pocket in your jeans, can you? What do you do if your pants are too snug to squeeze the Treo into, do you just carry it in your hand?
  14.    #14  
    They're really not pricey at all if you consider the quality you're getting. Palm's leather cases are $40 and not nearly as beautiful or well made. Well actually, not beautiful at all...
    I actually have been using the Palm leather side case, and it is really well made and nicely padded (but I agree that it's not exactly beautiful)...but so big and cavernous (to allow the entire Palm Treo lineup to fit universally) that the slimmer 680 flops around in it like a baseball in a tin bucket. If the Stanton case allows for a little snugger fit, without making it hard to remove and insert the phone, it might be the ticket.
    Dale, (feel a little more included now? ) you can't still wear it in your front pocket in your jeans, can you? What do you do if your pants are too snug to squeeze the Treo into, do you just carry it in your hand?
    Hmmm, I feel like this answer could be taken the wrong way and I will prompt another size related post...but here goes...
    Usually I dont wear pants that are too tight to fit the 680 in the pocket. When snugness is a problem (and I dont mean at random times during the day), I usually have a second option, such as my jacket pocket.
    I have this combo, the slim rubberized case (for the extended battery) and th holster and I have had no problems at all. It looks good and if you don't want to clip it to your side you can put it in your pocket clip and case together
  17.    #17  
    I've got a PM into Seidioseidio, asking if they have had complaints about the phone popping out of the holster if bumped...and to see if any changes have been made because of it.
    We are in the final stages of development for the improved holster and will post here when it's available. We will be issuing replacements for those of you that are having problems.

Thanks
    Hmmm, I feel like this answer could be taken the wrong way and I will prompt another size related post...but here goes...
    Usually I dont wear pants that are too tight to fit the 680 in the pocket. When snugness is a problem (and I dont mean at random times during the day), I usually have a second option, such as my jacket pocket.
    That's bad...I thought you guys grew out of that with age?

There is no way I could fit a Treo in any of my pants pockets. I wear a size 2 and stay away from the baggy stuff...

I think I'd rather pay for great quality to begin with rather than have to deal with repeated returns/replacements for inferior products...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=140939
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    We are in the final stages of development for the improved holster and will post here when it's available. We will be issuing replacements for those of you that are having problems.

Thanks
    Yeah, Smart move Seidio! Make the product wrong in the first place and then make the customer PAY the replacement shipping to get the RIGHT holster that they should have gotten in the first place
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast