Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    There is no way I could fit a Treo in any of my pants pockets. I wear a size 2 and stay away from the baggy stuff...
    Me, too! See, there we go with that size thing again!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    That's bad...I thought you guys grew out of that with age?
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=140939
    Humphh...I knew it would get taken the wrong way...
    I said what I said (about random times during the day) simply to make sure you didnt assume that is what I meant, but now you have assumed that is actually a problem. Cant win on this subject can I.

Lovely weather we are having.
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    We are in the final stages of development for the improved holster and will post here when it's available. We will be issuing replacements for those of you that are having problems.

Thanks
    I am interested in this. I have two holsters. One for the rubberized case, one without. I was foolish enough to think one would be better then the other.
    I've been using the rubberized case and holster (for extended battery) for about a week now and I love it. It feels good in my hand and really looks sharp...crimson Treo and black case are an eye-catching color combo...if you're into that sorta thing.

There's no way I could go back to using the 1200 mah battery, so for me, buying his case was a no-brainer. The clip holds just fine, but I like the shorter length that I had with my Krussel case for my 650. That's about the only negative I can give the holster. Yeah, it's a little pricey, but getting excited about the cost of a Treo accessory is like buying a Porshe and then putting regular unleaded gas in it.
    I have the combo. The rubberized case is perfect. I agree the clip spring could be a bit stronger because it can flip open at wrong time. I've been using it but I keep in more to the front side of the belt for better protection and I'm not in and out of cars all day. I'll check back about the fix from seidio later thanks.
  6.    #26  
    I got the slim rubberized case a couple of days ago...and I really like it. It replicates almost the great "grippy" feel of the Treo 750, but lets the Crimson color show through also. The black and Crimson color combo looks great...if you are into that sort of thing.

I am waiting for the "new & improved" matching rubberized holster. If it truly is stronger and better in those weak areas...I'll have a perfect setup for now.

As it is, the added 1.2mm or so of outside diameter that the case gives to the 680 makes it a perfect fit into my Palm horizontal leather side case. The phone doesn't rattle around inside the case any more, but has a secure and much closer fit.
    Crimson Treo 680 (given up for adoption)
    BlackBerry 9000 Bold - Main
    Palm Centro - Secondary
  7.    #27  
    Update:I have been using the Seidio rubberized slim case for the standard battery for two weeks now...and although I am a little frustrated with the hassle of removing and re-installing the case to do a soft-reset when nessessary...it has been great.

I also just recieved a beta-version of the newly improved Seidio clip holster to accomodate the rubberized-cased 680...and I have experienced none of the problems some have had with the phone popping out of the clip with a hard jolt or bump. I am in the car business...and am in and out of autombiles and trucks all day...so my phone gets a more than fair share of jostling and bumping...and so far it stays put!! I am very satisfied with the product.

I imagine that the new version will be out very soon. I read on another thread that there will be warranty replacements for those who had problems with the original product...

Hope that helps some...
    Palm Centro - Secondary
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    We are in the final stages of development for the improved holster and will post here when it's available. We will be issuing replacements for those of you that are having problems.

Thanks
    Well, I have had a problem...and a very expensive one at that. On at least 3 occasions, I have bumped the bottom of the phone with my shoulder briefcase, knocking the treo out of the holster. The holster stays on my belt, but the spring loaded top clip is not strong enough to hold the phone in place against anything but very slight pressure. On the first 2 times, the phone hit the ground and the rubberized case came off. Luckily on those two times all I got were a few case scratches. However, today, on the third bump...I wasn't so lucky. My phone hit the ground, the case popped off and then on the bounce, it hit on the corner and broke the LCD. Now, my 5 month old, $300 investment was ruined. I tried to find a replacement LCD, but Palm wanted 200 or so for a repair. Cingular agreed to let me go ahead and upgrade again, so I got the phone for 300 with a 100 rebate. So I will get a new phone for the same price, but I'm still out 200. And the rubberized case cracked and now it won't stay on at all. The current holster, which seemed like a great accessory at first, has proven to be a disaster for me. It doesn't hold the phone securely and now I'm out lots of money.

Unless and until they fix that holster, stay far far away from it. Unless you want your phone impacting with concrete at the slightest bump on the bottom of the phone. And I mean slight.

And I'm out the cost of the case and holster that I can't now use.

Great deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by davistld01 View Post
    Update:... I am in the car business...and am in and out of autombiles and trucks all day...so my phone gets a more than fair share of jostling and bumping...and so far it stays put!! I am very satisfied with the product. ...
    I thought you were in ministry? Travelling ministry?
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by DIG View Post
    I thought you were in ministry? Travelling ministry?
    That's my life-work...not my job. The car business is my profession...the ministry is what I do. And, the traveling part hasn't really started yet...and may not for a while.
    Palm Centro - Secondary
    Ahh ok. On re-reading my post, it was a little/lot off topic and also a bit personal - sorry about that...
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by DIG View Post
    Ahh ok. On re-reading my post, it was a little/lot off topic and also a bit personal - sorry about that...
    No problem...I keep the two seprarate. Many people don't...or won't, and that always leads to problems IMO.

Back on topic though...I assume that the non-beta "new & improved" version of the holster will be in real production very soon. And...like has been said by Seidioseidio on this forum...replacements will reportedly be issued for those that have had bad experiences with the old model that had a weak clip.
    Palm Centro - Secondary
    Any update on the improved seidio holster with stronger spring?
    Quote Originally Posted by mceb View Post
    Any update on the improved seidio holster with stronger spring?
    Yes...the improved holster is available. Please contact customer service at 832-204-1118 for a replacement.

Thanks
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12