1.    #1  
    Hey Guys I need some help. Everytime I push the button to turn my 650 off it launches the hotsync, and when it shuts off on its own it launches the hotsync. How can I fix this?

Thanks,
    Dustin
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    The first thing to try is a reset.
    Hold the 5-way in the "UP" position while pressing the reset button with the stylus. Keep holding the 5-way in the "UP" position until the reset is complete.
    Then reset it again without holding the 5-way.
    Soft reset to see if this gets rid of the glitch.

If this does not do it, we will have to see if you have a software or hardware issue:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...22&postcount=5
  4.    #4  
    ok the soft reset did not work. I know this is a stupid question but want to get it right, How do you hard reset?
    Quote Originally Posted by db9646 View Post
    ok the soft reset did not work. I know this is a stupid question but want to get it right, How do you hard reset?

Funny how I had the same problem all of a sudden, too, recently. If the hard reset doesn't do it for you (and it did not work for me, or at least I don't think it did), then you may need to do a Zero-Out Reset. "Huh?!?" is what I said, too. Read the thread here and pay attention to the 7th post...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...highlight=josh

Good luck.
    -- Josh
  6.    #7  
    Note: Soft reset nor the hard reset worked.

Tried the Zero out reset not sure I got it right (it never blanked out) but it is working for now. No hotsync loop.

Thanks for your help!
    Quote Originally Posted by db9646 View Post
    Note: Soft reset nor the hard reset worked.

Tried the Zero out reset not sure I got it right (it never blanked out) but it is working for now. No hotsync loop.

Thanks for your help!
    That was my experience precisely. Soft reset didn't work. Hard reset didn't work. Zero out reset didn't seem to be performed properly, but it stopped the resets. Go figure.
    -- Josh