1.    #1  
    Ok this is really weird.

A few days ago my Treo all of a sudden started going black every few hours. I couldn't get it to respond and would have to do a soft reset to bring it back. Then without warning it did a hard reset on itself and everything was wiped out. I re-synced, everything came back, and I chalked it up to a ghost in the machine.

Then the next day it starts going black again and eventually I get another hard reset. This repeats itself for several days. Yesterday I did the 1.2 system update (had never done this) thinking that might help, but sure enough, this morning I got another hard reset.

Nothing had changed at the time I started having this problem. I didn't install or delete any apps. The one thing that occurs to me is that maybe it's related to a battery problem. This battery is one of the aftermarket replacements off eBay, it's about a year old, and it's starting to drain faster...could that be the issue?
    After the next hard reset -- do not re-sync -- run empty for a day and see if it continues to do this.

If it does -- I believe you have a hardware issue.

If it doesn't -- you may have a software glitch that you could try to fix with a clean install.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...22&postcount=5
    Quote Originally Posted by andy.e View Post
    Ok this is really weird.

A few days ago my Treo all of a sudden started going black every few hours. I couldn't get it to respond and would have to do a soft reset to bring it back. Then without warning it did a hard reset on itself and everything was wiped out. I re-synced, everything came back, and I chalked it up to a ghost in the machine.
    I had my treo600 for 3 years now, and I had to change the battery twice. Both times replacing the battery solved reset problem.

I noticed that after 18 months of use treo becomes unstable. It starts to reset itself randomly, mostly in places with not perfect reception.
    My theory is that 3.7V of the new battery drops slightly with use, but Treo VRM is not capable to deal with even slight margins and therefore it crashes during increased power consumption, ie when reception is lower.

New battery costs $34.99 and it is fairly easy to replace, but you have to take your unit apart:
    http://www.gethightech.com/Merchant2...gory_Code=BATT
    Most reset problems with the 600 are due to an old battery, though mine never did a hard reset. Just soft resets. Resets would occur either due to "Network Search" issues (rarely) or when charging the phone to long like over night on an ailing battery.

There are cheaper replacement batteries out there. Search Google for options.