1.    #1  
    I got the charger that cingular threw in with the treo package I bought, I haven't had to use it yet.
    I have heard several times that the car chargers will burn up the battery quickeer than sticking with the home charger.
    Anone heard this before? Is it harder on the battery?
    650 purchased 4Q04. Original batt. Been using rinky-dink (not meaning to offend any from the PC crowd) 3rd party chrgr for 2 yrs. No problems.

Then again, I would guess these 3rd party jobs vary from model to model.
    Oh, and I have long heard the same thing you have. Maybe circuitry within the device can do a decent job of limiting (for most 3rd party stuff).
    Quote Originally Posted by sblanter View Post
    Oh, and I have long heard the same thing you have. Maybe circuitry within the device can do a decent job of limiting (for most 3rd party stuff).
    I have been using the same car charger since my 650 (almost 2 yrs now) and no problems have occured. This is the car charger that came with my 650. Now, I did experience a bad car charger with my 600 years ago, but since it was a Sprint-bought charger, they gave me a new phone and charger.
    I bought the Palm charger from TreoCentral. No issues so far.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    No problems so far with my car charger
    Using a Centro with free ActiveSync at http://www.TheMessageCenter.com
    i bought an authorized reseller car charger...its stunk...connection to phone was bad.....bought one from verizon, works like a champ.
    Bought a second home charger from staples, and although slow, it charges no problem. I think when you go to 3rd party accessories its hit or miss, and usually on the miss side.
  8.    #8  
    Sounds like I should be fine using the Cingular charger that came with the phone. Thanks for all the info.
    I probably won't use it a whole lot anyways, mostly if on long road trips or something. I was just curious about the problems I had heard about using these.
    My Razr pretty much was only charged with the cig/lighter charger for 2 years, and I never had any problems with it, I didn't know if the treos were alot different or not.
    I have been using my OEM Palm charger since my 650. I still use it with my 750 when it needs to be charged in the car.
    Avatar is the license plate of my 95 White Ford Bronco

HTC TyTn II<- Current Favorite PDA phone
    CDMA the past;GSM the future