Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. light3944's Avatar
    Posts
    87 Posts
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
       #1  
    I am messaging a friend out of the country (Malaysia if that matters) I am on Cingular with a T680 and he is on a SonyEriccson 990i. We can text just fine but when we try to send photos he gets nothing from me and I get garbage (^%#&)&^ ^)^ ^)$)^$) usually in 2 messages from him.

    Any clues on how to correct this? He gets the photos if I message them to his e-mail and he has no trouble sending or receiving photos with other friends.

  2. light3944's Avatar
    Posts
    87 Posts
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
       #2  
    also..I am on an unlocked 680 that was purchased through Palm Store and not Cingular.
  3. #3  
    Are you able to send/receive MMS's to/from other people.
  4. light3944's Avatar
    Posts
    87 Posts
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
       #4  
    Yes I have and he has as well. I did go to Menu...Options....Preferances....Tab Network and I have the boxes Automaticall collect MMS messages and Even when Roaming are both checked.

    Network Configuration was on Automatic.

    Per Cingular website I switched it to Manual and all my setting do match what their website say it should be. Still no luck.

  5. #5  
    Have you called cingular to make sure your message settings are all right i had the same problem and they had to do something in there system to make my phone sync with the system to send pics and stuff?? its called provisioning


    Who are You talking to?

    See Who Here
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacobwelsh View Post
    Have you called cingular to make sure your message settings are all right i had the same problem and they had to do something in there system to make my phone sync with the system to send pics and stuff?? its called provisioning
    All his settings should be correct if he's able to successfully MMS other people. He's just having a problem sending MMS to the person in Malaysia.
  7. #7  
    oh lol then mabey its his phone ( the malaysia phone ) or are you able to send to other international numbers?


    Who are You talking to?

    See Who Here
  8. #8  
    LOL...the Malaysia phone is able to send MMS to others as well. Maybe a higher power is trying to keep them apart...
  9. #9  
    I have no clue then lol just email the pictures


    Who are You talking to?

    See Who Here
  10. light3944's Avatar
    Posts
    87 Posts
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
       #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacobwelsh View Post
    oh lol then mabey its his phone ( the malaysia phone ) or are you able to send to other international numbers?
    I have not tried to send to others (international) I do not know anyone else to test an international MMS to. Any volunteers here?
  11. #11  
    If it helps, I have problems sending MMS to other carriers from my Cingular locked Treo...and that's just Domestic.
  12. light3944's Avatar
    Posts
    87 Posts
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
       #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    If it helps, I have problems sending MMS to other carriers from my Cingular locked Treo...and that's just Domestic.
    It doesn't help solve the problem...but at least I know I am not alone!
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by light3944 View Post
    It doesn't help solve the problem...but at least I know I am not alone!
    Yeah...I'm sorry. I didn't think it would solve your problem, but possibly point to Cingular's setup being the cause.

Posting Permissions