Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Google Maps won't work with the map feature of TakePhone if it's on the card either. Must be a Palm thing.
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
  2.    #22  
    This is all very interesting. I must admit I'm probably the least informed Treo geek out there, I run things pretty much stock and nothing from the card. So I'll need to do some light studying on all this. Most likely, at some point I'll just bite the bullet and learn to run the things from the card myself - it would be the cleanest solution...

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by sblanter View Post
    aprasad, I was going to respond this morning but didn't have time. I suspect the same as Rick, in that DA recognizes your GM shortcut as the app itself, but gets short-circuited because that ain't it. I guess cause the shortcut can't pass args/params or something.

Anyway, I keep GM on the card, too. Use a ZL shortcut. The diff may be, is that GM doesn't get moved back to card unless I use ZL itself or a ZL shortcut. Haven't tried yet, but this has always worked for me before (1 app calling another & passing info to it). So if I launch GM (gets copied to RAM), then launch DA (must already be in RAM cause I can't use ZL or it's shortcuts), it should work.

Which makes me wonder. Can I use 2 launchers to accomplish the same thing, while keeping both DA & GM on the card???

Anyway, the downside to this is you have to launch GM first. Not to use it, but just to get it into RAM for use with DA.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlwhitt View Post
    This is all very interesting. I must admit I'm probably the least informed Treo geek out there, I run things pretty much stock and nothing from the card. So I'll need to do some light studying on all this. Most likely, at some point I'll just bite the bullet and learn to run the things from the card myself - it would be the cleanest solution...

Rick
    I guess the main thing is that it doesn't seem the shortcut "stub" can pass info to the real program (at least the shortcuts created by the 3 party app I use don't seem to).
    I don't want DA to use the stub to pass information to a program residing on the card. I want DA to recognize that it is a stub, and pass the parameters to "Treo Web".

In Linkstart, the application is swapped back to the card if the Launcher is invoked. The only way to avoid this is if one application directly launches another. Since GoogleMaps cannot launch DA, and I don't have DA assigned to a hard button,. Googlemaps gets put back on card if I try the following sequence: Launch Googlemaps stub -> Googlemaps runs -> switch back to launcher (at this point, Googlemaps gets copied back to card) -> run DA.

Sblanter, you say "So if I launch GM (gets copied to RAM), then launch DA (must already be in RAM cause I can't use ZL or it's shortcuts), it should work." How do you launch DA (after Googlemaps) without going through ZL?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    After launching GM via it's shortcut, I use a 3rd party launcher called PetitLaunch to launch DA. But you could just as easily assign the Palm Launcher to a favorite and launch it from there.
    Global Posts
    286 Global Posts
    The website is no longer available for downloads. Thanks very much!
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jwbekens View Post
    The website is no longer available for downloads. Thanks very much!
    Here is the latest version. - 3.30.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    • File Type: prc DA.prc (104.8 KB, 196 views)
  8.    #28  
    The full download (including doc file) is available from PalmGear:

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...1&prodID=44614

Yes, my site is down. The boneheads at Roadrunner deactivated it. I'm travelling this week and have not gotten around to harrassing them about it yet, it might be next week (or later) before it's resolved.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12