Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    **Edit by Septimus**: I think after a call or two (and Palm's awareness of this thread), any more calls could comfortably be called harassment - which I don't think anybody really wants to do. So I'm taking out the direct extension # below, but I'm not going to lock down the thread otherwise.

In fact, I'm only editing here because I can't figure out a way to make sure this gets read first. ;-) Thanks for the permission to do so, Merlyn. --Dieter

merlyn's post follows...

-------

Call up Palm's corporate headquarters in Sunnyvale: (408) 617-7000.

Hit 0 until it gets you to the operator, if that doesn't work, hit 1 then 0 then #.

When you get to the operator, as to be transferred to "Steve Sinclair", the Sr. Product Manager for Palm's Wireless Products (at least that's how he signed the letter to everyone here).

Very kindly, and professionally, ask him what happened to the software update that was promised to us by the end of 1Q? Tell him how you feel about the 700p and whether you'll be spending any money on another Palm supported product ever again. And if you get his voicemail, that's fine too, the more people who call, the better the chance we have of getting a response, seeing as how he seems to be completely ignoring Bob-C's recent emails now.

Also ask him what happened to their resolve to provide better support or be more communicative. Of course bringing up the iPhone or Blackberry couldn't hurt either, nor would mentioning that the companies behind either of those two products have proven again and again that they stand behind them and fix outstanding issues.
    Last edited by Dieter Bohn; 04/06/2007 at 02:47 PM.
  2.    #2  
    Oh, I believe his direct extension is < < promised (but mostly symbolic anyway) edit by Septimus > >, but I'm not sure.
    Last edited by Dieter Bohn; 04/06/2007 at 02:48 PM.
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    I for one would like to hear something. Bob-C, what's up? Some sort of response from Sinclair seems appropriate seeing as how we are well into April. There has been a dearth of news regarding this ROM update.
    Amen on the silence. I had to tell a Senior VP about the Bluetooth issue yesterday. Been trying to avoid that conversation... Two weeks ago I started buying re-furb 650's. Not a chance that I am going to push out a 700p ever again. I have the money, unfortunately the quality on this phone is the issue.
    Treo 700P (& GoodLink Administrator)
    Simpsonized
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D View Post
    Call up Palm's corporate headquarters in Sunnyvale: (408) 617-7000.

Hit 0 until it gets you to the operator, if that doesn't work, hit 1 then 0 then #.

When you get to the operator, as to be transferred to "Steve Sinclair", the Sr. Product Manager for Palm's Wireless Products (at least that's how he signed the letter to everyone here).

Very kindly, and professionally, ask him what happened to the software update that was promised to us by the end of 1Q? Tell him how you feel about the 700p and whether you'll be spending any money on another Palm supported product ever again. And if you get his voicemail, that's fine too, the more people who call, the better the chance we have of getting a response, seeing as how he seems to be completely ignoring Bob-C's recent emails now.

Also ask him what happened to their resolve to provide better support or be more communicative. Of course bringing up the iPhone or Blackberry couldn't hurt either, nor would mentioning that the companies behind either of those two products have proven again and again that they stand behind them and fix outstanding issues.

Got a live person quite quickly, then to a voice mail that was not identified for a person but as < < Edit by Septimus again > > (I believe that was the ext number quoted). Left two messages. I suppose that mailbox will be full soon and non existent. The 2nd time I asked to speak to his assistant and she said he does not have an assistant. Oh well the music goes on.
    Last edited by Dieter Bohn; 04/06/2007 at 02:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D View Post
    Oh, I believe his direct extension is 77969, but I'm not sure.

I asked for Steve Sinclair and that is the ext number that she forwarded me too. I did not ask for an ext number. Where will this lead. Does Palm realize the frustrations that we are going thru?
    PLEASE do NOT do this. I know eveybody is frustrated but I don't see how this will help anything. If he is doesn't want to reply then he is not going to reply regardless of who contacts him. All this is going to do is make the guy regret he ever talked to anyone and will be the LAST time anyone from Palm ever talks to an end consumer again.

It has been about a week since I emailed Steve but for all we know he could be on vacation. Families are known to do so around Easter so it is not unreasonable.

Just let me follow up again with him & see what happens.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by morningstar1844 View Post
    I asked for Steve Sinclair and that is the ext number that she forwarded me too. I did not ask for an ext number. Where will this lead. Does Palm realize the frustrations that we are going thru?
    I dunno.....but I bet if they're getting inundated with calls at their corporate headquarters we might get some attention again. You saw what we all had to go through the first time to get a response.
    Just curious do you think he will even reply to one phone call??
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    It's the absence of any news from Palm officially that peeves me. It's hardly a secret at this point that the deadline was missed. Why be coy about it? How hard would it be to simply confirm?

Do they not realize that in the absence of any new information, we are free to infer any or all of the following worst-case scenarios:

1. They don't care
    2. They are for whatever reason incapable of resolving the issues
    3. The hardware is in some way critically flawed
    Last edited by eodell; 04/06/2007 at 01:41 PM. Reason: typos
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by morningstar1844 View Post
    Just curious do you think he will even reply to one phone call??
    At this point, I could care less. I feel like I've officially been screwed by Palm, and even if they come out with their firmware update, I'll still be grabbing an iPhone in June. I like to have a phone that I can recommend to others, and I stopped recommending the 700p after about 3-4 months of owning it and not seeing any support. Now, if I see a sprint salesman trying to sell a 700p while I'm in the store, I'll even chime in and mention there are terrible bluetooth bugs iwth the phone that neither Sprint nor Palm has officially fessed up to and fixed.

This is more to be a nuisance to Palm now. I do not like being screwed, and I tend to get back at the people who screw me. Palm needs to realized what their lack of support has done to their loyal fanbase (if they even care anymore).
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    I think we're all suffering from abandonment issues. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C View Post
    PLEASE do NOT do this. I know eveybody is frustrated but I don't see how this will help anything. If he is doesn't want to reply then he is not going to reply regardless of who contacts him. All this is going to do is make the guy regret he ever talked to anyone and will be the LAST time anyone from Palm ever talks to an end consumer again.

It has been about a week since I emailed Steve but for all we know he could be on vacation. Families are known to do so around Easter so it is not unreasonable.

I agree with you Bob-C, this is not the thing to do.

It seems the inmates are running the asylum now........

This whole disatisfaction thing is worth 9.75 Treos in entertainment value.

Remember also, that it may not be Palm that is holding up the release. Both Verizon and Sprint have to sign off before the release is available for their phones.

AGREED. Hassling people like Steve Sinclair isn't going to cause things to move any faster. Palm's on it as fast as they are capable. The earlier front page TC stuff and continued discussion of it is more than enough. This is definitely not something I would suggest. *Strongly* feel this way.
  16.    #16  

Usually if a tech executive or professional is out on vacation, he will have an out of office reply set up for his email, and you would have received one. I highly doubt that he's actually on vacation, rather that he's just ignoring the issue until he can actually tell us something.

I want to be clear, no one should harrass Steve about this, but if he gets 20 calls that calmly ask him what happened to the firmware update we were promised, maybe he'd get the message.
    Quote Originally Posted by eodell View Post
    It's the absence of any news from Palm officially that peeves me. It's hardly a secret at this point that the deadline was missed. Why be coy about it? How hard would it be to simply confirm?

Do they not realize that in the absence of any new information, we are free to infer any or all of the following worst-case scenarios:

1. They don't care
    2. They are for whatever reason incapable of resolving the issues
    3. The hardware is in some way critically flawed
    I believe #3, the hardware is critically flawed. If that is indeed the case, then NO software update is going to fix it. I think this is the reason it is taking so long. THEY CAN'T FIX IT. I'd sure like a decent alternative to Palm. There really doesn't seem to be one, however. There's no way I'm switching to Cingular so the Iphone isn't an option as far as I'm concerned.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhboyd View Post
    Remember also, that it may not be Palm that is holding up the release. Both Verizon and Sprint have to sign off before the release is available for their phones.
    Johnboyd this is not directed at you at all so please dont take it as such,

but.... Im so sick of hearing that. How did the 680 update come out so fast?

How did the 700w fix come out so fast? There are other patches that have been released but those are only 2 Im mentioning. The carriers didnt have a problem with those.

Now, Ive heard some people say "well those were just patches for particular issues" well WTF!!! Isnt that what a ROM update is? Just with more than one fix in it?

Also, how is it that other name brands put out patches so fast and ROM updates and carriers dont hold those up?

I am so sick and efffing tired of hearing/reading that it makes me sick!

John again this isnt towards you personally its just that when thats said it doesnt make any sense to me.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
    Johnboyd this is not directed at you at all so please dont take it as such,

but.... Im so sick of hearing that. How did the 680 update come out so fast?

How did the 700w fix come out so fast? There are other patches that have been released but those are only 2 Im mentioning. The carriers didnt have a problem with those.

Now, Ive heard some people say "well those were just patches for particular issues" well WTF!!! Isnt that what a ROM update is? Just with more than one fix in it?

Also, how is it that other name brands put out patches so fast and ROM updates and carriers dont hold those up?

I am so sick and efffing tired of hearing/reading that it makes me sick!

John again this isnt towards you personally its just that when thats said it doesnt make any sense to me.
    I couldn't agree with you more.
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sndtubes View Post
    I believe #3, the hardware is critically flawed. If that is indeed the case, then NO software update is going to fix it. I think this is the reason it is taking so long. THEY CAN'T FIX IT. I'd sure like a decent alternative to Palm. There really doesn't seem to be one, however. There's no way I'm switching to Cingular so the Iphone isn't an option as far as I'm concerned.
    I too believe in the critically flawed option but they will never admit this. It would cost them millions to "make it right" with consumers. not that they've ever made it right.....
    M505 -> M515 -> Kyo6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 ->Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 700 WX -> Samsung Saga VZW
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast