Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Results 101 to 110 of 110
  1. eodell's Avatar
    Posts
    182 Posts
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    #101  
    valid points, all, but I think he said an new article is going up on the frontpage today, didn't he?
  2. #102  
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D View Post
    Why does a headset carrier that probably no one will be interested in get so much more attention than this infernal 700p problem that hundreds of users who either lurk or post here have and want to know about? Has Treocentral lost its focus? I mean it's a headset carrier! It's not even a bluetooth headset, or a phone case.
    Hm. I'll see if I can more clearly differentiate the ad content from the TreoCast from the editorial content. Again - I am sorry I haven't given it more frontpage attention.

    I do wonder why there's so much anger over the 700p patch issue, though. Clearly Palm's working on it and clearly everybody that's been agitating for it has gotten to Palm given that they did something they've never done before - namely write an open letter to the community about it and pre-announced a patch. It sucks that they missed their deadline, a LOT. I guess I just don't feel like it deserves to be treated like such a personal affront. Again, this is possibly because I don't own a 700p.

    I'm sorry if this offended any of the staff at TC, but I feel it had to be said.
    No offense taken. We try to split our content between product reviews and news stories. As I've said, I should have given this particular news story more attention. I've already got the story written, just waiting for the blog post to go up to fill in some details.
  3. #103  
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D View Post
    EDIT: I forgot to mention that I did want to allude to the headset carrier being on the front page while our own frustration and complaints being held off is like a slap in the face for some of us TCers. There, I just wanted to say "slap in the face".
    We generally try to get one product review up per day on the front page - so it's not that we're decided that a particular product is more important than this news story, it's just a matter of what gets posted when.
  4. #104  
    What is the reasoning that the front page objective is to post one review per day as opposed to its objective being to post one news story per day instead?
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
  5. #105  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C View Post
    What is the reasoning that the front page objective is to post one review per day as opposed to its objective being to post one news story per day instead?
    The short answer is time and sanity. The long answer is that TC is more "magaziney" than "bloggy" so there isn't necessarily a news post every day that we want to put up. As I've said, I'm sorry for not putting up this story again on the FP before now.

    Here's a question, though, if Palm does indeed fail to update their blog today, how long should I wait before posting TC's story? I'm thinking I need to give them until the 5pm pacific to be fair.
  6. SMEGGIE's Avatar
    Posts
    416 Posts
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    #106  
    Quote Originally Posted by septimus View Post
    The short answer is time and sanity. The long answer is that TC is more "magaziney" than "bloggy" so there isn't necessarily a news post every day that we want to put up. As I've said, I'm sorry for not putting up this story again on the FP before now.

    Here's a question, though, if Palm does indeed fail to update their blog today, how long should I wait before posting TC's story? I'm thinking I need to give them until the 5pm pacific to be fair.
    Yep, end of business Pacific Time.

    Because if they fail to come through with an update re: 'The Update', it WILL be news!!



    SMEGGIE
    Yer pal,

    SMEGGIE


    A bigger Treo fan than I'll admit.
  7. #107  
    Although I don't think any of us believe that the announcement is going to be posted at this point, you certainly have to give them the benefit of the doubt until 5PM PST.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
  8. eodell's Avatar
    Posts
    182 Posts
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    #108  
    I suppose. Also, you could say that according to the blog, they said "sometime this week" as opposed to Sinclair's "next Tuesday."

    So sayeth Wimpy: "I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a ROM update today."

    In any event, they are once again seemingly incapable of giving us any substantial information. In an admittedly reductivist point of view, this can only be because of incompetence (they can't find or don't know the solutions) or dishonesty (they don't care, they never bothered working on it until we started seriously complaining, they want to maintain spin control, etc.)
  9. #109  
    Because it'll be over a year for this MR to come about when the problems have pretty much been known since day one. It seems it was more important to allocate manpower to release two new phones and work on the linux phone than actually take care of customers that just dropped $600 (supposedly) on a phone that they knew was flawed even before they released it.
    Quote Originally Posted by septimus View Post
    I do wonder why there's so much anger over the 700p patch issue, though. Clearly Palm's working on it and clearly everybody that's been agitating for it has gotten to Palm given that they did something they've never done before - namely write an open letter to the community about it and pre-announced a patch. It sucks that they missed their deadline, a LOT. I guess I just don't feel like it deserves to be treated like such a personal affront. Again, this is possibly because I don't own a 700p.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  10. e2chris's Avatar
    Posts
    312 Posts
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    #110  
    This is really messed up. I am sorry but if this update isn't linux I am done with palm. I know it won't be... it really should be though. they can't possibly expect the 755 to sell knowing a linux os on the way. So it has to be linux. and with the iphone coming... please it better be special. I am considering moving to the iphone if palm doesn't do something fast. WTF is taking so long? not one update at all for the many problems. I can't believe I have to wait another month. May 28th is my bday and that is normally a holiday weekend. Mark me down for May 29th. Hate you Palm!
    If I could know then, what I know now.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Posting Permissions