Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Hey there!

Still haven't found various color OEM housing for the 680, but for those interested I came accross this today:

TREO 680 OEM FULL HOUSING WITH KEYPAD

http://cnn.cn/shop/images/IMG_1937_thumb_200x200.JPG

http://cnn.cn/shop/images/IMG_1938.JPG

This housing seems to have the look and feel of the 750, but not sure if the colors are not the same as the graphite model because of a crappy pic or because it's made that way.

Anyway there are noticeable differences between my graphite and this one: The Palm and Treo labels are black though mine are white.

Anyone been ordering this? Easy to replace?

My Treo got dropped a couple times and this could be a nice replacement when my warranty ends.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Looks good, I'm a bit suspicious about whether it's really OEM or not, but it looks good quality. It appears a bit darker than the graphite color, and you're right... the "Palm" logo is much darker on this than on the actual Treo680. But it looks good.
    Treo 270>Treo 600>Treo 650>BlackBerry 7105t>BlackBerry 8700g>TREO 680 Graphite... (Treo 680 beats the pants off any BlackBerry)
    I have had lots of experience with Cnn.cn in the past, and their quality is spotty at best. They claim lots of their body parts and such are OEM...and I don't doubt that some of it is...but some pieces that I have gotten for other mobile phones clearly were knock-offs and were not nearly the same quality as the OEM parts. Rough edges, poor fit, and off-color plastic were the main problems.

This case looks good, but I too see the difference and color of the case itself and the Treo logo. But...if your current case is jacked up from being dropped and whathaveyou...it still might be a good solution.

BTW...shipping from HK is also a hit and miss thing. I have gotten some parts from them amazingly quickly, then others took weeks and weeks to recieve. And, you can forget about them answering any email communication you might send...it never happens.
    Look where the Home button is supposed to be too; it's a Menu key.
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
    Nice price also, $64.00
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by +Kardboard+ View Post
    Look where the Home button is supposed to be too; it's a Menu key.
    Mmmm right! IO tried very hard to find differences, i even supposed it was a 750 case... But the menu key instead of the home key is intriguing.

Oh well... Let's wait another 6 months for the warranty to end and we'll see how OEM cases are becoming available.
    You can change your casing on your palm????

Who are You talking to?

See Who Here
    looks good, but that home button seems very sketchy.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Dang, yesterday on the Palm site the 680 was on the banner and seemed to be of the darker color scheme (like images on post #1, but with a home button)... Real strange. But I can't find it anymore as the frontpage is displaying the 755p...
    the 750 dummy phone i took apart had almost all usable parts. i doubt itll be any different with the 680. plus, you save $40. take a risk...its only about $15 shipped on ebay
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by p_boucher View Post

Anyone been ordering this? Easy to replace?

My Treo got dropped a couple times and this could be a nice replacement when my warranty ends.
    Well, the problem with these would be the SAR value I guess. The Treo 680 is FCC certified to have radiation values below 1.6 w/kg (which is the legal limit and the maximum value considered safe by the FCC) - nobody knows how the radiation values will change when a different casing is used. Unless this thing is Palm certified, I wouldn't use it - if it contains metal parts near the speaker the rad levels could easily go above the limit.
    Quote Originally Posted by edw1nk View Post
    the 750 dummy phone i took apart had almost all usable parts. i doubt itll be any different with the 680. plus, you save $40. take a risk...its only about $15 shipped on ebay
    Could you post the ebay link?
    Visor Deluxe (Ice), Platinum (Black), Prism w/ Visor Fone, treo 270, treo 600, Unlocked GSM Pa1mOne branded treo 650, Palm branded Unlocked treo 680 (graphite), UBiQUiO 503g, & now HTC TyTNII TMO
    just go onto ebay and type "680 dummy". they come and go. youll see one every week or so. i paid $12 shipped for my 750
    hmmm, i will look at this for me!! im happy i saw this thread lol
    Looks like a fit for the 680. I think the SD-mini door on the other models is shorter than this one.
    Patrick Horne
    This thread is intriguing. I would love to have a 680 with the rubberized paint (like the 750 or 755p). Is this OEM case rubberized? Or, can the casing from the 750 dummy phone be used to house the 680 guts? If anyone can enlighten me further on this I would appreciate it!
    Palm since Palm Professional --- Treo 650 (2 yrs), iPhone since 6/29/07
    Quote Originally Posted by Bri Guy View Post
    This thread is intriguing. I would love to have a 680 with the rubberized paint (like the 750 or 755p). Is this OEM case rubberized? Or, can the casing from the 750 dummy phone be used to house the 680 guts? If anyone can enlighten me further on this I would appreciate it!
    NO the 750 case will not fit the 680, not quite. Small things, like the size of the mini SD door, are different. If you try to place a 750 housing on a 680 you'll be disappointed. Things wont line up just right.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot View Post
    Looks good, I'm a bit suspicious about whether it's really OEM or not, but it looks good quality. It appears a bit darker than the graphite color, and you're right... the "Palm" logo is much darker on this than on the actual Treo680. But it looks good.
    I want to know the price for this housing
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooterville View Post
    Nice price also, $64.00
    I need to buy this
    Does the 680 plastics fit a 755p? mine are fked, I also need a new screen.