Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    $35 in some states, fees vary between states. some people arent competent enough to represent themselves in front of a judge either. heck some people are afraid to speak in public even if its 3 people.

i just dont think this will have any impact other than getting your phone replaced or maybe a refund but thats if you win the case. no one will take palm down or create bad PRPRPR $as$ $these$ $are$ $small$ $civil$ $claims$.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    Whenever anyone takes a positive position or creates a positive thread on this board, the complainers always feel the need to post their diatribes, and then defend their actions by stating that "this is a forum for giving opinions, etc". I think it's important to mention that not everyone is on board with this scheme, and until an administrator censors me, I won't let you do so. Thanks!
    You're a piece of work. You're not on board with letting people give opinions in this forum?? What exactly are YOU doing with your posts here? Of course it's clear that you mean you cannot stand to see negative comments when your device is working so well. Boo hoo, there's bad stuff and negativity in the world. Why does your dogma require everything posted to be rosy and positive when it's not for everyone?

In case you hadn't noticed, this is not exactly a "positive thread." I'd suggest you take your myopia to the "I Love My Treo 700p" threads where your so-called theory might hold some water. Whether or not "70% of 700p owners are happy with their devices," or whatever stats you've been spouting all over, is irrelevant to the other 30%. The fact that 30% are having issues with theirs should, it would seem, be irrelevant to you and that 70% group.

Why are you so intent on muffling these issues? Palm stockholder, perhaps?
    I haven't asked for anyone in this thread to not post anything negative (I simply stated that I wasn't on board, if you look at this conversation) - I merely asked for the right to post my opinion as well. I'm not worried so much about the negativity in the world, just on these boards, which used to be a fairly friendly place, but have degenerated into something that is unhelpful and unwelcoming.

For the record, I have no connection to Palm whatsoever (nor, do I imagine, do the 70% of those who are satisfied with their Treos).

That being said, I have no desire to engage in this silly debate any further - feel free to argue with yourself from here on.
    Last edited by Bujin; 06/02/2007 at 05:07 PM.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    This is all retarded. I think Palm said that the ROM update will be released on Monday so why can't you guys just wait till Monday? If you can't wait till Monday just buy a 755p and sell your 700p on eBay and end of story.

Al
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post
    This is all retarded. I think Palm said that the ROM update will be released on Monday so why can't you guys just wait till Monday? If you can't wait till Monday just buy a 755p and sell your 700p on eBay and end of story.
    Released on Monday for Sprint users, if they are lucky. For us VZW people, we've gone from Q1 2007 to the week of May 28th to we don't know when it will be out (read the Palm blog before making more comments about this.) Additionally, Treolo, VZW users can not buy a 755p. Release date for that phone is unknown and many speculate it will be several more months.
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Danspalmone,

Why don't you just fly around and do these cases on other's behalfs. I'd much rather pay someone else to do this then trudge into court on my own...
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post

Plus their lawyers will probably not keep track of all of them so many of the cases will go against Palm by default--they just don't show up. Imagine sending the Sheriff to Palm HQ with a writ of execution! You could have the Sheriff seize computers, desks, all sorts of stuff.

there's a story about someone doing this to dell if I recall.

If I remember the details you have to sue in the state that palm does business. So in dell's case you would have to schlep to Texas. BUT then dell decided to put kiosks up in malls. So someone served the papers to the mall Kiosk in his home town. The 18 year old kid probably freaked and threw the papers out and never phoned home to the mother ship. So dell never responded and the guy won by default.

So people with Palm stores in their local airport of mall might just hit the jackpot!
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    from a more traditional news source the NY news radio station:

http://www.1010wins.com/pages/144477...ntentId=255228

ap story:

http://www.wnep.com/Global/story.asp?S=5788570

(seems my originally recollection was slightly off- he choose to serve the kiosk)

Oh- and you might not get a wriit to go to Palm HQ- but in the NJ case the guy got an order to have the Court officers seize the contents of the Dell Kiosk! How much fun would that be if it came to it?!?!?!? Going to the Palm store to sieze your settlement.
    Last edited by efudd; 06/03/2007 at 08:54 PM.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by klurfdawg23 View Post

i just dont think this will have any impact other than getting your phone replaced or maybe a refund but thats if you win the case. no one will take palm down or create bad PRPRPR $as$ $these$ $are$ $small$ $civil$ $claims$.

Dell seemed to freak a bit- pushing it under the carpet by settling and then telling the news media how they were spending millions to improve customer service- if that's not spin becasue they are sweating bad press I dont know what is.

Myself- I'm too lazy (and not yet that offended by the 700p...) so I won't get around to it. But I think it has some merit if someone just wants to be done with the phone and can't get palm to mail a check OR if someone really want's to just put the shaft to palm.

If you try this approach and it WORKS (apparently look for the dumbest looking clerk at the Palm store- or find one looking to quit)- then likely the news media will be happy for you to tell your David beats Goliath story on the 6 and 11pm news shows.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12