Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1.    #1  
    I have downloaded ringtones but cannot sync them. Can somebody tell me how to proceed??
  2. #2  
    Are they MP3 or Midi? A little more information would be helpful. If you're trying to use MP3 ringtones, you need a third party app to use them. The Treo can't see MP3s in RAM, you need to put them on your SD card. Minitones will import them from your SD card into your Sounds app. If they're Midis, you can just drag and drop them into Quick Install and they'll move to the Sounds app on your next hot sync.
  3. tck
    tck is offline
    tck's Avatar
    Posts
    127 Posts
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    #3  
    Thanks Christinac130. I did not know I could hot sync midis into Sound databases. I was using Hoho importing midi. However Hoho lets me move midi between the 2 Sound databases.
  4. #4  
    Ummmm...what's Hoho and what two Sound databases?
  5. #5  
    If you download a midi using your browser on the Treo, I think that it will be added to the ringtone library automatically.

    Minitones, using sound files on the SD card is the option that I use.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    If you download a midi using your browser on the Treo, I think that it will be added to the ringtone library automatically.

    Minitones, using sound files on the SD card is the option that I use.
    Yup, I always just download Midis from TreoTones or TreoBits through Blazer and they get deposited right into the ringtone list. But the OP said he had already downloaded some ringtones so I was just letting him know how to get them to his Treo now...

    I use to clutter up my memory with tons of cute ringtones, but now I only keep the ones that are in use and save the rest of them on my PC.
  7. tck
    tck is offline
    tck's Avatar
    Posts
    127 Posts
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    Ummmm...what's Hoho and what two Sound databases?
    Hoho : http://www.ranosoft.net/hoho/

    Two databases :
    1) System Midi Sounds
    2) Midi Ring Tones

    To be correct Ringtones use only the latter but there are some applications eg Agendus which uses both. And Hoho lets you transfer between the two.

    I just PM you.
    Last edited by tck; 04/06/2007 at 07:53 PM.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    If they're Midis, you can just drag and drop them into Quick Install and they'll move to the Sounds app on your next hot sync.
    I tried hotsyncing a MID file but it didn't. I get a yellow triangle at the end and the message say "No SD card found". I don't have an SD card and it appears that Treo will only hotsync MID and/or AAC files to SD card.

    Is that correct ?

    Thanks.....
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by sssccc View Post
    I tried hotsyncing a MID file but it didn't. I get a yellow triangle at the end and the message say "No SD card found". I don't have an SD card and it appears that Treo will only hotsync MID and/or AAC files to SD card.

    Is that correct ?

    Thanks.....
    Hmmmm...I'm not sure, because I've always synced them to my card. If you have a data plan, the easiest way to get Midi tones is to use Blazer and download them directly onto the Treo from TreoTones or TreoBits. They're free and there are hundreds to choose from...

Posting Permissions