Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    I was forced to upgrade my laptop with my employer and it came installed with Vista. One of the first things to get under my skin was the lack of support for 'install' during hotsync to my treo 700p.
    I finally got some time this morning to search for a fix when I saw this new app.

http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-1166.html

"PalmVista Simple Installer"--- It looks like what I need, but I am reluctant to take the plunge and try it since I have already had to see my Tech guy twice since my upgrade and I really don't want to see him roll his eyes again if I have to go to him for help if something goes wrong.

Has anyone tried this and does it work easily enough so that I don't have to spend 2 hours setting it up?

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    Anyone try this yet?
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wachie View Post
    Anyone try this yet?
    Yes it works fine...

Though I have Palmone Quick install working fine too.. maybe it was disabling UAC that fixed it?
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joele View Post
    Yes it works fine...

Though I have Palmone Quick install working fine too.. maybe it was disabling UAC that fixed it?
    may I ask what you are using it on?
    Treo model?
    windows version?
    32bit or 64bit?

thx
    M505 -> M515 -> Kyo6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 ->Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 700 WX -> Samsung Saga VZW
    I've been using it for a couple of days and it has worked perfectly so far on Vista Business with a Treo 680.
    I'll have to keep this in mind. We just ordered a new desktop and its going to come with Vista on it.
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    this does not play nice with vista ultimate (64bit)
    M505 -> M515 -> Kyo6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 ->Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 700 WX -> Samsung Saga VZW
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    same experience here. oh well.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Hello,

I am the person who wrote the PalmVista Simple Installer.

I have several people who use and like the program. I am constantly adding
    features to it.

It takes 30 seconds to install, and 30 seconds to uninstall, no complex settings or etc.

The latest version is 1.0.0.12

Just added a feature you can click on a (prc or palm file) on your computer or an Internet site, and it will automatically intercept it and ask you if or where you want to install it to the handheld.

Thank you,

Von
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Hi, I see this works for the treo 700, Will this work on the Treo 650 also?

Thanks,
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Download the program if it starts, if it allows you to select your username from the drop down, then it will work.

If you get an error message then your HotSync version is too old or not installed correctly. At that point I would download the latest Palm desktop this will update the HotSync files.
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    I'll try it again when I get my 32bit laptop. This 64 bit laptop is going back as the entire world doesnt support it.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I downloaded the program and installed it. I tried to install an ebook But it wont let me.
    Is there not a free trial to the app. Or do i need to pay for it first? I don't mind paying, Just wanted to make sure it will work on my phone.
    Thanks,
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    It will work.

If the program loads up, does not give you an error and you can select a user name from the drop down it will work.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Thanks for the response. I loaded the program, select the software to download, It shows up in the palm vista simple installer, My user name is correct in the box, I then hot sync to the treo, But the program never leaves the installer box.

At the bottom of the palm vista installer it says,
    You must register palm vista simple installer to save files to palm PDA or treo.

Thank you for your help
    While the program Quick Install does not appear to work in Vista (and yes Palm, we are still waiting on that one), the ability to install via right click > Send to...> Palm Powered Device works just fine - and without turning off UAC.

The selectivity of choosing the install location to either device or SD card does not appear to be there (as it is in Quick Install) but in most cases, that's not a huge issue for me as I use a SD reader/writer in my notebook to move stuff over.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    New version 1.0.0.18 fixed Vista 64 compatibility problem
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    cool & congrats.. you have the only software on the planet that works with vista 64bit.
    thats why I returned my 64bit for a 32bit system.
    the 64bit Ultimate sucks. get 32 bit people
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Added troubleshooting info to the help file, also added a UAC fix.
    Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MleB View Post
    While the program Quick Install does not appear to work in Vista (and yes Palm, we are still waiting on that one), the ability to install via right click > Send to...> Palm Powered Device works just fine - and without turning off UAC.
    Good find! Thanks!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast