Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vonskie View Post
    New version 1.0.0.18 fixed Vista 64 compatibility problem
    I also have got 64 Vista Laptop. When I installed the HotSync software, it error on the installation of the USB driver. Does this software have a fix for this problem?
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Disabling UAC can and will break some programs that rely on UAC to elevate premissions based on the Manifest file. Its also a security issue.

The send to palm device will not allow you to send to the SD card.

The Program I wrote will work with UAC on and send to the SD card.

Also I had one customer that could not get the USB to function at all so he did a HotSync via bluetooth and used PalmVista Simple Installer to push the updates to Hotsync.
    Last edited by vonskie; 05/01/2007 at 01:16 PM.
    I've been using this for a while now and it works great except for one MAJOR problem. Every time I sync, it reinstalls programs and files already installed. This drives me nuts because it takes too long to finish a simple hotsync. It's almost like the hotsync cache or whatever does not clear after each hotsync. Does anyone know of a way to remedy this?
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    neat program and all but seriously, Palm needs to get a full vista ready hotsync out. my Palm experience is crap without the syncing of documents, media etc
    M505 -> M515 -> Kyo6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 ->Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 700 WX -> Samsung Saga VZW
    I think Palm is just about dead in the water. I've been on their side for so long but now with the lack of support for their OWN products and other companies with NO experience in the smartphone market (Apple) making huge waves, it's hard to stand behind Palm. Hotsyncing should be the LEAST of our problems with these very expensive devices. Being able to hotsync might be the most important process to us power-users have with smartphones and without that ability, it cuts the usefulness of these devices down tremendously. Palm should be ashamed. Vista has be out far long enough for a decent hotsync manager and installer to be developed. It is completely unexceptable to have to wait like this for not only a Vista compatible hotsync but also any critical updates (700p) needed. Palm, you're losing us...
    Ok. Does this PalmVista program really work? I'm running Vista Ultimate x64. Installed the software that came with my 755P, then installed this PalmVista program. Plugged my 755P into one of my PC's USB ports and all that happens is that Vista is continuously playing that sound it plays when a new device is plugged in. It also keeps popping up that window asking you to locate the driver for the device.

How do I make this PalmVista app. work?
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
    Ok. Does this PalmVista program really work? I'm running Vista Ultimate x64. Installed the software that came with my 755P, then installed this PalmVista program. Plugged my 755P into one of my PC's USB ports and all that happens is that Vista is continuously playing that sound it plays when a new device is plugged in. It also keeps popping up that window asking you to locate the driver for the device.

How do I make this PalmVista app. work?
    I do not think Palm has released a 64 bit Driver for HotSync cable yet. I too have Vista Ultimate x64 laptop now each time I reboot the PC Vista tries to complete driver install and fails. I have not found how to have Vista to forget about that install.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12