1.    #1  
    Wife broke her 650 and I got her a 680. I am still using my 650 and am not ready for upgrade. What issues will I have with sync and desktop at home where we will both be syncing with the same computer?

Any info would be appreciated.

Gerry
    I'd put the newest 680 version of the desktop and hotsynch on the computer. You know the older software will mess up the 680 and you hope that the newer version is backward compatible (which I'd expect it is). Should be fine after that.

Also make sure your doing a clean install of your 680 per the sticky. (rename backup folder etc)
    I have always installed the latest Desktop over my prior installation -- in this way the new device has its specific conduit needs put into place and the older devices still have theirs. I have done this for 10 years. (At one point -- I had 4 Palm devices syncing to my Palm Desktop -- 2-Zires, 1-Tungsten T3 and a Treo 650) (2 daughters, Bride and myself)

However, I have not done a specific over-install of the 680 desktop over the 650 -- so I cannot verify if my past practice is still valid in this specific case.

(Obviously -- each device needs it's own unique hotsync id.)
    Quote Originally Posted by undrwtr1 View Post
    Wife broke her 650 and I got her a 680. I am still using my 650 and am not ready for upgrade. What issues will I have with sync and desktop at home where we will both be syncing with the same computer?

Any info would be appreciated.

Gerry

Hi Gerry,

Dunno if you have dealt with this (didnt see a response to how things went for you, but it has been a while)... guessing you have... but just in case...

Perry's instructions are right on the money. I have a 650 that after getting tired of keyboard problems (which kept requiring me to reseat the cable in the machine), I bought a 680 and hotsync'd it in the same fashion he described:

I installed the 680 Palm Desktop, backed up my 650, then HotSync'd my 680 - which automatically did not install the incompatible app(s) (i think there was one). Everything seemed to have worked/transferred fine.

Hope that helps if you havent already done it,
    -Robert