Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    i have a 700p. i downloaded the Gmail mobile app and it works great but what i need right now is to map the gmail app to my physical launcher button on the treo. however when i do that in the preferences section it doesnt list gmail as an app at all to choose from to map it. anyone have a workaround to force the mapping?
    I access Gmail through Versamail, so I don't know what the Mobile App is like, but Versamail sure works well with Gmail once you get the filters set.
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    Did you get the prc version provided by g-funkster? It's button mappable.
    I have gmail mobile app and I was able to go to prefs and apply the program to the button. You are going to prefs then buttons? Right? Not prefs then default apps...
    Need information on Real Estate, Please contact me!!!
    www.TheMMTeam.com
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Yes I am going to 'Preferences > Buttons. The problem is that in the list of the apps to choose to map to a button. Gmail is not listed at all for me. Maybe it is because of the way I installed it or something. I can see Gmail from the main launcher but I can't see it in the list to map.
    Like tc600 said, did you use the Gmail .prc or download it from Gmail mobile? The .prc can be seen in the preferences to map the button...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...4&postcount=57
    Could there be some confusion between the Gmail app and GoogleMaps?
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I don't think you can map java applications to buttons, only native .prc programs.

Download the Gmail.prc and install it, then you can map it to a button.
    Quote Originally Posted by otterman View Post
    Could there be some confusion between the Gmail app and GoogleMaps?
    No

Quote Originally Posted by ljcobb View Post
    I don't think you can map java applications to buttons, only native .prc programs.

Download the Gmail.prc and install it, then you can map it to a button.
    Yes!
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    I tried the Gmail prc app but found that you could not attach a file... Was I missing something? Either way it is a moot point as I use Agendus Mail to access gmail.
    ReMax Properties Unlimited
    Morristown NJ
    pmdied@gmail.com
    www.peterdieduardo.com