1.    #1  
    Well ive gone and done it now! I spilled some water on the phone in my bag and after the phone acting crazy for a day, the only residual effect I have to deal with are these unusual discolorations on the upper third of the LCD screen that are apparent when the screen is showing a white image, less apparent when the screen is showing a darker image, and not present at all when showing a black image. When the screen is off, there is no evidence of anything being wrong with the phone or LCD screen.

Has anyone experienced this problem with the LCD? I do not want to send it back to cingular yet because there is a small dot of color change on the water damage sticker, I think I can talk my way out of it, but changing the screen might be easier as I am good with these type of things.

ANyone know where i can get a replacement LCD screen at a good price? I have a Treo 650 laying around, perhaps I can use that LCD screen and put it in my 680? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Todays "I spilled * on my electronics and let it fry it in it until it died" story, brought to you by arashd.

You'll be very lucky if it continues to work.
    I doubt any fancy footwork will get Cingular to do anything. If you're within your 30-day trial, they won't replace it for water damage and they don't offer any kind of insurance for the Treo line. They're pretty tight *** about their high-end devices. Your best bet would be to try to find the replacement screen.
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    On the old 600's when you would get the dreaded orange splotch, you could push on the lcd to move it toward the edge and remove it. Try a search in the 600 forums.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    Todays "I spilled * on my electronics and let it fry it in it until it died" story, brought to you by arashd.

You'll be very lucky if it continues to work.
    Forgive me if I dont speak everytime I have nothing good to say Mr. 2500 posts so don't give me your snooty attitude about being a noob. I have likely repaired more phones in my life than the number of diapers you have worn in your life. I asked specific questions about LCD replacement and which parts will work, you had an answer to neither, yet you still choice to put in your worthless comment just for the sake of being a jerk. And you apparently also have reading issues; the phone still works. But if you took the time to read my post rather than just immediatly drop a comment you would have known that. Who has 2500 posts on a message board for Treo users only? Get a life, a job, a woman, or any combination of the three and you might find yourself with less time to be so coy.
    I would let the phone dry completely for a few days, ie, remove the battery, let it sit on a shelf, and then see what happens. It can't hurt it anymore than it already has, and my experience with wet electronics is that if given a sufficent time to dry, they stand a better chance of working again.

If that doesn't work you can try PDAparts.com ( http://www.gethightech.com/Merchant2...tegory_Code=RD) they seem to offer a wide range of screen replacements for the Treo line. They also have excellent instructions for do it yourself. PDASmart ( http://www.pdasmart.com/palmpartscenter.htm ) offers the same, as well as a repair service.

Good luck

Re: your previous post, right on!

Last edited by ivhs72; 04/05/2007 at 11:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by arashd View Post
    Forgive me if I dont speak everytime I have nothing good to say Mr. 2500 posts so don't give me your snooty attitude about being a noob. I have likely repaired more phones in my life than the number of diapers you have worn in your life. I asked specific questions about LCD replacement and which parts will work, you had an answer to neither, yet you still choice to put in your worthless comment just for the sake of being a jerk. And you apparently also have reading issues; the phone still works. But if you took the time to read my post rather than just immediatly drop a comment you would have known that. Who has 2500 posts on a message board for Treo users only? Get a life, a job, a woman, or any combination of the three and you might find yourself with less time to be so coy.
    Wow, congratulations on the long and incoherent rant.

BTW, I did say "continues to work", so that implies it's currently working..

And BTW, my mom was a tree hugger, I never wore diapers. So how many phones have you repaired? 0?

As for the rest of your rant.. Ah, get over yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    ...And BTW, my mom was a tree hugger, I never wore diapers.....
    Never wore diapers?? I have an undesirable image of your house back then - it must have been a pretty slippery and smelly place