1.    #1  
    When tethering my PowerBook via USB to my Sprint 700p if the phone rings and I answer it, quite often it causes me problems with my connection resulting in a lost connection generally making the PowerBook so unhappy I have to reboot. Clicking "ignore the call" generally causes no problems unless I accidentally click "disable modem mode" which is right below the ignore button (then that sometimes causes the same problem). Once in a while I can answer the call with no ill effects.

The above is not a question, the question is below.

Is there some way to have the phone / service force any incoming calls to voicemail while I'm using the EVDO? (It'd be a nice feature if it was just built into USBmodem).

Thanks,
    Gary
    Sprint Treo 755p (previously Sprint Treo 700p, Sprint i500, Sprint i330 [yuk], Sprint i300, Sprint StarTac, Verizon StarTac)
    Mac 12" 1.5 GHz PowerBook (Constantly tethered to my Treo)
    Gary Said... (my blog) or The Daily Meme
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    yes
    prefs
    network
    prefs
    check the box next to 'send voice calls to voicemail during powervision data connection'

too easy eh
    Sprint 700p
  3.    #3  
    I hadn't seen that, it's really easy to set up.

As a test I just called my phone a few times via Skype (from the computer that it's tethered through) and it didn't ring once, although it did give me the voicemail alert dialog (not sure if that'll interfere).

BUT unfortunately it doesn't work exactly like that. I discovered that since while I was typing the above it just rang so I know it let's calls through. I think if I'm not actually sending data (maybe within a certain timeframe) it will let a caller through to ring, such as right now as I am typing.

Any other suggestions?
    Gary
    Sprint Treo 755p (previously Sprint Treo 700p, Sprint i500, Sprint i330 [yuk], Sprint i300, Sprint StarTac, Verizon StarTac)
    Can't be done the way you would like. You have to have active data for the phone to know you are using EVDO.
  5.    #5  
    Too bad. When I do answer it and it disrupts the connection it's really confusing the computer or the phone or USBmodem, I think I generally end up rebooting the computer to make it happier which is a bit of juice when I'm out and on batteries.

Thanks!
    Gary
    Can't you just ignore the call?

Have you tried USB Modem? I like it better than PDAnet.
    Oh you are using USBModem. How about this: enable call forwarding to the sprint voice mail number.