1.    #1  
    OK, so I waited till the last minute to order the TomTom upgrade and was pleasantly surprised to find it had been delivered within a few days. Considering how intuitive (for the most part) the actual GPS software is, their upgrade process is anything but. So I install their desktop app and waste time trying to get it to "see" my 700p. After a quick search here I discover that I had to install it directly to SD card, so I did that and all seemed good. But then more problems....

1) The app isn't seeing my GPS (a Holux GPSlim 236). Do I have to go through a new pairing process? I don't even see an option for that?

2) The app is very slow when typing names and even when moving around through some menu screens. And about 10 seconds after starting the app, I start to get an error-style tone (three of them) followed by a harsh melodic sound. I'm hoping these sounds/noises and the slowness are because it's looking for (and can't find) my GPS and once I fix that the speed will improve.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
  2.    #2  
    Well, I deleted the local copy of Navigator (and Contacts Navigator) and then tried running the app directly from the SD card. This time it walked me through some setup prefs and a tutorial. And I also finally got the Bluetooth discovery screen to pop up. So I selected my Holux (a trusted device, BTW) and figured my problems would be solved.

No such luck.

After selecting my Holux from the list, it returns to the main screen and I see "Connecting to GPS device..." followed a second later by the message "No GPS device!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R View Post
    1) The app isn't seeing my GPS (a Holux GPSlim 236). Do I have to go through a new pairing process? I don't even see an option for that?

2) The app is very slow when typing names and even when moving around through some menu screens. And about 10 seconds after starting the app, I start to get an error-style tone (three of them) followed by a harsh melodic sound. I'm hoping these sounds/noises and the slowness are because it's looking for (and can't find) my GPS and once I fix that the speed will improve.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    1) Under Change Preferences, GPS Status, Configure
    2) Mine used to beep if it couldn't find the GPS. For some reason, it doesn't do that anymore. Not sure what has changed. My GPS is a Tomtom so it configures automatically.

Believe I had to delete Contacts Navigation as well. It's not required with Nav6 since Contacts are an imbeded search option.
  4.    #4  
    That doesn't work for me. My Treo is clearly seeing the GPS (it pulls it up with the pairing pop-up), but for some reason TomTom won't "connect" to it.
  5.    #5  
    I think I've got it working now. I pulled out my Treo's battery and rebooted the phone and it looks like it's finding the GPS now. I'm inside my office and it's raining out, so the GPS doesn't seem to be able to get a signal through the window, so I'll have to wait till after work to know for sure.