1.    #1  
    I'm finding that neither Butler nor MobileClock alarm clocks are going off in the morning. When I wake up (late) and wake up the phone, the alarms go off but no until after the GPRS reconnects. I don't know what is disconnecting GPRS overnight. I'm suspecting that it may be TreoSpot as I am doing a trial of it right now. I deleted it this morning so I'll have to see what happens tomorrow morning. Any other ideas though? I think it started before installing TreoSpot, but I'm not sure. Thanks.
    SE P900-->Treo 650 (Cingular)-->Qtek 9100-->Treo 650 (Unlocked)-->Treo 680 (Unlocked)-->Treo 650-->ATT Tilt-->Blackberry Curve-->?PRE
    I'm actually not familiar with Butler or MobileClock, but would you have the same issues if you used the alarm on the World Clock? That's what I use for an alarm.
  3.    #3  
    Unfortunately, I eliminated World Clock from ROM. I had reservations when I did it but did it anyway. Thanks for the suggestion...
    SE P900-->Treo 650 (Cingular)-->Qtek 9100-->Treo 650 (Unlocked)-->Treo 680 (Unlocked)-->Treo 650-->ATT Tilt-->Blackberry Curve-->?PRE
    Another thought, why not set the alarm and manually disconnect from the network, just to test it, instead of waiting until tomorrow morning.
  5.    #5  
    GPRS reconnects immediately. Why it doesn't do this at night, I don't know.
    Last edited by cutoffcirc; 04/04/2007 at 01:24 PM. Reason: Error
    Use the Calendar app to wake you up. Very easy to set up, including recurring alarms.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutoffcirc View Post
    GPRS reconnects immediately. Why it doesn't do this at night, I don't know.
    Do you have a scheduled back-up or some such? I've had this same problem, but it cured itself automatically. I never did find out why it happened and how it cured itself.

But it is scary to think of missing alerts for any reason.
  8.    #8  
    I do have a scheduled backup but this occurs 45 minutes after the alarm is to go off. That's a good thought though. I use the program Profiles to silence my phone during my work hours, so I created as couple new profiles to basically restart the phone radio prior to the alarm. I tested it this afternoon and it seems to work in restarting the data as well. Guess I'll set a real alarm clock again tonight as a back-up. Tonight, I got a weird error I had never seen before. While using Chatter, a message came up saying something to the effect of "your data connection is failing...would you like to restart the data connection". This is the first I've seen or heard of this. I'm thinking that this may be what is going on over night? Maybe my SIM is bad? This would not be good because I've only the SIM for a few months afte my old one wore out. Thanks for the help.
    It is unlikely the SIM is - or can go - bad. They, like cockroaches, are hardy things.

I do get the weird SIM message that you mention when I switch off the phone while ChatterEmail is connected/ connecting. Nothing wrong with my SIM. I happen to think switching off the phone to "silence" it is a bad idea. It is so much better to switch off the ringer and vibrator instead.
    Game over!
  10.    #10  
    I beginning to think something weird goes on with the phone around 5 in the morning. I used to have NVBackup do my daily backup at that time until that froze a few times. I moved it to 7:00 and it has not failed once. I tried the Profiles thing at about 5:00am to "reboot" the phone this morning and that froze at the "Phone on" splash screen. This was despite my tests yesterday afternoon working perfectly. I may need to wake up at 4:45 and watch the Treo until about 6:00 to see what the hell is going on. 5:00am seems to be the witching hour for this thing and I don't know why. Daytime operation is flawless.
    I use Treo Alarms and it works great. I These are my alarms and setting phone Turns On at 5:55am ( with Cingular tone or my Choice )
    Wake up Alarm at 6:00am ( with my choice of sounds )
    Weather update at 6:10am ( silent or my choice of tones )
    Phone Turns Off at 11:30pm ( with Cingular tone or my choice )
    and I have 4 other alarms I can use. It have never failed to work and I have been using it for a couple of months now. It's well worth the purchase.
    I have found that Profiles doesn't work too well after a reset if the radio is on. Sometimes it hangs. At night, I have Profiles go to a "night" profile that turns the radio off, then a bit later I do a backup (with a reset), and then I have Profiles turn the radio back on later. This approach has never failed to work for me, with about a year of doing it this way.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
  13.    #13  
    Thanks for the advice. I think I'll just try an earlier backup/reset (before waking) to see if that rights things before the alarms start sounding.