Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 34
  1.    #1  
    Another 29.99 if I want to be sure I can open all Office documents. This would be the 4th time since I purchased my 650 in November of 2004. I'm going to have to wait and see if I get a new 755p or wait for WM on Sprint. I know they have to make money but that's a lot of upgrades in two and a half years. Guess I didn't have to purchase all of them. But then again I'm not sure I did.
  2. #2  
    thats a bit steep - s/be like 10 bucks or so...
    Fred
    Cingular 680
  3. #3  
    DataViz seem to be holding their customers hostage. On the surface the price is unreasonable. IMO they are taking advantage of people. However, maybe they had extraordinary development processes to make an Office 2007 version a reality.
  4. #4  
    This does bite. I just upgraded to v 9 on December 6, 2006. According to Dataviz's site, the upgrade to v 10 will still cost me the 30 bones. Freakin' irridiculous (I know it's not a word, but I like it anyway).

    duke
  5. #5  
    I just upgraded to v9 40 days ago and now Dataviz wants to charge me $15 to upgrade to v10. This is unacceptable as there are a few new bugs in v9 that weren't present in previous versions. I should not need to pay another dime for a bug fix after I just plopped down $30 bucks in Feb.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxtreo View Post
    I just upgraded to v9 40 days ago and now Dataviz wants to charge me $15 to upgrade to v10. This is unacceptable as there are a few new bugs in v9 that weren't present in previous versions. I should not need to pay another dime for a bug fix after I just plopped down $30 bucks in Feb.
    No doubt we're getting jacked!
  7. #7  
    unfortunately when the competition is low they can do whatever they want. Especially since Docs to Go is now included in ROM..
  8. #8  
    yep makes me mad too, especially since the only thing new in v10 is the office 2007 support. I am not going to pay 30 bucks for that. Especially since i dont even use office.

    Just so that I can open attachments from everyone. So guess what, who even sends me an office 2007 attachment will have to send it to me again, or wait till i get to a desktop, so i can use openoffice.

    Screw that!
    -----------------
    http://kunjan.net
  9. #9  
    i copied the prcs directly onto my palm on top of version 9 and now it says it is registered, so i guess this was a free upgrade for me.
    (can't install using palm app with vista)
    Treoing & Loving it
  10. #10  
    Normally the desktop will not function in the NEAR future.

    Ben
  11. Rob_T's Avatar
    Posts
    328 Posts
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    #11  
    There should definately be a lower price for owners of version 9.
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
  12. sstlthy's Avatar
    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    #12  
    I also paid $30 just over 4 months ago, in November 06, and now have to pay another $30 if I want version 10.
  13. #13  
    I seriously doubt there will be many 2007 format files floating around for a few more years. Why would you send a 2007-only format file to someone else whom may or may not have 2007? You'll send it in regular ole .doc or xls format.

    Yes, there are plugin converters. But again, that's a lot of assumption. The KISS credo is something you gotta consider, nobody wants to send a proposal to someone and make them figure out how to even open it.
  14.    #14  
    Sometimes it just seems like jumping ship to WM is the best long term solution. I wouldn't have to think about stuff like this anymore. I mean a lot of things might not have as many features like email. I use Chatter (no longer being developed), 2day, and all kinds of programs that make my 650 work nicer than stock. I'll just have to get used to a different (possibly less efficient) way of doing things but the important stuff will always work.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by scsanden View Post
    Sometimes it just seems like jumping ship to WM is the best long term solution. I wouldn't have to think about stuff like this anymore. I mean a lot of things might not have as many features like email. I use Chatter (no longer being developed), 2day, and all kinds of programs that make my 650 work nicer than stock. I'll just have to get used to a different (possibly less efficient) way of doing things but the important stuff will always work.
    You would think that all things Microsoft would work if you stayed in a MS world, but not necessarily so. Didn't WM6 have some compatibility issues with Vista? Does WM6 fully work with Office 2007 (I honestly don't know). If you are an early adopter, you are always going to run into some compatibility problems. Your solution/thought to adopt something "less efficient" seems somewhat defeatist. Yes, "less efficient" is better then "doesn't work at all" but in this case, someone mentioned earlier that Office 2007 isn't likely to become ubiquitous for some time and people will be sending in the older format to ensure things can be read.

    Back on topic is the issue of DataViz trying to take advantage of users. I am sure they are reading this thread and others on the web complaining of this. As customers, we should vote with our wallets along with voicing our concern to them and hope they listen.
  16. jfme's Avatar
    Posts
    79 Posts
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    #16  
    I will just wait to upgrade until Version 34 is released in a three weeks or so.

    Hopefully they will have more excel formulas supported than the ones they've had since 2003...
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l View Post
    i copied the prcs directly onto my palm on top of version 9 and now it says it is registered, so i guess this was a free upgrade for me.
    (can't install using palm app with vista)
    Did you download the "trial"?
  18. #18  
    I believe I did, again I did not install on the computer I just extracted the prc files and copied them to my treo
    Treoing & Loving it
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l View Post
    I believe I did, again I did not install on the computer I just extracted the prc files and copied them to my treo
    What did you use to extract the .prc files? I only see a .exe available.
  20. #20  
    subscribe
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions