Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    What did you use to extract the .prc files? I only see a .exe available.
    I used winrar to extract the exe file
    Treoing & Loving it
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l View Post
    i copied the prcs directly onto my palm on top of version 9 and now it says it is registered, so i guess this was a free upgrade for me.
    I sort of found the same thing. I bought ver 9 16 days ago and downloaded at work and synced to Treo. I downloaded free trial of 10 at home on top of ver 8.002 and synced to Treo which had ver 9. Got the Continue Trial or Activate menu on Treo last night. When I got to work this AM I synced and now(like magic) DTG shows up on Treo as Ver 10 registered.
    jb
    Blackberry Curve 8310
    Meanwhile, there are people out there buying a 680 for the first time and who find that the D2G v8.xxx installed does not work with their Vista machines.

Ditto v.10 if it comes to that...

Nothing like finding a piece of embedded software on your new device is incompatible with your new computer OS. But then, the same can be said for Palm's Quick Install....

Vista arrived several years late - exactly how much of a surprise can the OS be to these software manufacturers?
    Quote Originally Posted by MleB View Post
    Meanwhile, there are people out there buying a 680 for the first time and who find that the D2G v8.xxx installed does not work with their Vista machines.

Ditto v.10 if it comes to that...

Nothing like finding a piece of embedded software on your new device is incompatible with your new computer OS. But then, the same can be said for Palm's Quick Install....

Vista arrived several years late - exactly how much of a surprise can the OS be to these software manufacturers?
    Not quite sure how Vista and the DTG in the rom could be incompatible. Do you mean the desktop software?
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    Not quite sure how Vista and the DTG in the rom could be incompatible. Do you mean the desktop software?
    Sorry - yes I do.

Put Word Docs/Excel/Powerpoint/PDF onto the SD card and the onboard D2G can find and open them with no problem - just don't bother trying a sync or loading up the Palm from the Desktop part of the program.

For that matter, initiating the Desktop software will almost certainly not be straightforward - the User Access Control will likely kick in asking if the software is safe.

Dataviz's response to Vista on their website is 'report this activity and we'll see about a patch - sometime' - hardly hopeful.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbonnot03 View Post
    I sort of found the same thing. I bought ver 9 16 days ago and downloaded at work and synced to Treo. I downloaded free trial of 10 at home on top of ver 8.002 and synced to Treo which had ver 9. Got the Continue Trial or Activate menu on Treo last night. When I got to work this AM I synced and now(like magic) DTG shows up on Treo as Ver 10 registered.
    I copied the prc's over my old 8.0003 version, and everything worked except Sheet-to-Go. None of my spreadsheets were recognized. Any ideas on what to do?
    Zane
    Quote Originally Posted by zvandiver View Post
    I copied the prc's over my old 8.0003 version, and everything worked except Sheet-to-Go. None of my spreadsheets were recognized. Any ideas on what to do?
    Zane
    The 'old' sheets-to-go format was trashed in version 9, let alone version 10. Versions 9 and higher support *.xls format directly (and _don't_ support sheet to go format)
    Quote Originally Posted by MleB View Post
    Sorry - yes I do.

Put Word Docs/Excel/Powerpoint/PDF onto the SD card and the onboard D2G can find and open them with no problem - just don't bother trying a sync or loading up the Palm from the Desktop part of the program.

For that matter, initiating the Desktop software will almost certainly not be straightforward - the User Access Control will likely kick in asking if the software is safe.

Dataviz's response to Vista on their website is 'report this activity and we'll see about a patch - sometime' - hardly hopeful.
    UAC is in the way of everything; just run the installer as Administrator or turn the crap off. Dunno if it'd work, but..
    I ended up taking the easy route. Squeaky wheel got the free v10 upgrade.
    Visor-->Visor Phone-->Treo 180-->Treo 270-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 755P-->Centro-->Pre+-->Pre 2
    Eh. I have Ver. 7. Not buying any new Docs to Go--or any other "essential" upgrades for that matter--until we see the Palm/Linux Treo later this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    Eh. I have Ver. 7. Not buying any new Docs to Go--or any other "essential" upgrades for that matter--until we see the Palm/Linux Treo later this year.

I have v8.003 and don't see any need to upgrade. And I'm with you on waiting for Palm/Linux Treo to spend any more $'s on anything.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    As if Dataviz cant screw you over enough, I just noticed that for me to have an extra year for re-downloading my v8 software from their site again, I would have to cough up $2.99 for their "Download Maintenance Plan"! I guess this stipulation was always there, just never noticed it.
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
    I can't believe they released version 10 this soon after releasing version 9. Version 9 seemed like an insignificant release. IMHO. they shouldn't of released it knowing 10 was coming. I can't believe what they're charging too. Glad I didn't upgrade to version 9. I'm not upgrading to version 10 either. Dataviz isn't getting my money as long as they keep up this type of business practice.
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l View Post
    I believe I did, again I did not install on the computer I just extracted the prc files and copied them to my treo
    ...and let me just say that while the distance between 8 and 10, to use a mathematical analogy, is indeed twice that between 9 and 10, it's still pretty insignificant in the larger scheme of things

cheers
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12