Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    This forum is loaded with threads with people complaining about their Treos. There are suggestions for protests at Palm's headquarters, lawsuits, letter writing campaigns and posts where people are threatening Palm to take their business elsewhere (purchasing a Motorola Q, Blackberry, etc.)
    I'm not saying that these people aren't justified in their frustrations, but it is getting to the point where the forum is swamped with the same type of posts.
    I created a survey a few weeks ago and found that just shy of 3/4 of users are satisfied with their Treos. So while there are plenty of happy people here, you would never know it if you were a casual visitor.
    Would it be possible to create a separate forum for complaints? This way people seeking advice on how to use, maintain or fix their Treos can discuss issues. The separate forum could be for people to plan their lawsuits, protests, vent their frustations or discuss alternative SmartPhone options.
    Again, I want to emphasize that I am not saying that these complaints aren't justified (I had daily crashes for a few months). I just think that the forum should be a place for constructive advice, not only complaints.
    Despite my crash problem, which I now think is under control, I am (and have been) a very happy Treo user.
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    I agree this forum is full of cry babies. Threatening this and that, it's real simple stop complaining and purchase a different device. No one is holding a gun to your head forcing you to use a Treo....
    I agree. I have stopped referring new Treo customers here because if they read all the complaints they'll probably return the phone.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    I've been lurking here for months, and I too am getting tired of the griping. Seems like we have a half dozen threads going at any given time.

That said, I wish they would just give us the firmware update already!
    If you don't like the threads the solution is simple. Either don't read them or don't visit the website. No one is holding a gun to your head either.

If your customers are returning phones because of it then I say good. Impacting Palm financially encourages them to throw more resources into fixing the problems and also helps consumers avoid the problems we faced.

As far as affecting your bottomline in selling to customers, I say shame on you. I tell my customers up front about the problems and show them on my 700p. If they are okay with it then I sell it to them. If not, I show them another product. I will not be like Palm and misrepresent featues while concealing defects. It is an unethical business practice and will only hurt your business in the long run.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    'I'd like to have an argument.' Monty Python.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Are you kidding me... if the dam thing was perfect there probably wouldn't be a forum... Hey, welcome to America.
    If I could know then, what I know now.
    Many forums have something called "cheers and jeers" or something like that, attempting to reserve the informational forums for recommendations, assitance, or those things that many come to a forum for. I think that's not a bad idea here.
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    My point is simply that there are many threads, and the complaints are somewhat redundant. Again, I am someone has lurked for a while and only now decided to speak up as like many others am frustrated that the 700p fell far short of its hype.

Maybe just a sticky or an addendum to the FAQ that acknowledges these issues? Just a thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by eodell View Post
    My point is simply that there are many threads, and the complaints are somewhat redundant. Again, I am someone has lurked for a while and only now decided to speak up as like many others am frustrated that the 700p fell far short of its hype.

Maybe just a sticky or an addendum to the FAQ that acknowledges these issues? Just a thought.
    To be honest with you, I don't think there are ALOT of complain threads. I was around here since the release of 650. There were always alot of complain threats. I used to defend Palm in alot of their cosmetic and engineering decisions, that's why I remember. I just don't do it anymore.

Alot of long time Palm users don't do it anymore. There is a reason for it but I am not going to turn this post into a complain post. I am just saying.... go look around other UIQ/WM/BB/general gadget forums. You still can get help and answer alot faster on Treocentral.

So, try to look at the glass half full angle.
    I think its more appropriate to say that the "complaint" threads are just loooooooooooonger than the informational threads. Therefore they are always up top of each forum.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by eodell View Post

For those of you who don't like these "redundant threads" of complaints and whatnot, the best way to get them to stop is to do your part and complain to palm about your dissatisfaction with the 700p, get them to stand behind their product, and fix the thing in a timely manner. Of course none of this has happened, so I think now most people are simply complaining in their own new threads to deter any potential new 700p users from buying the device. I know I've completely stopped recommending the 700p to anyone now, and actually tell them to get a pearl or wait for the iphone depending on what they want.

The point most of you are missing is that people like Bob-C and myself are sick of Palm. We have been supporters for a long time and with the 700p have been completely let down. I've said it time and time again: it's so hard to get a word out of them or any sort of acknowledgment of the issues. Then in the response to Bob-C's letter, they openly said that they don't really care much for the "power user" segment since we make up only a small portion of their customers.

Palm has neglected to support us, we're just returning the favor at this point. I was an avid fan and highly anticipating the 700p before it's release, and now I can't wait to get rid of it. I don't care whether there's a firmware update or not at this point, and I don't care if it gets rid of every bug in the device, Palm has still alluded to the fact that it will still have some issues (like lag) and that they won't fix everything. Come June I'll be grabbing an iPhone and I will not look back. Despite the iPhone's one or two shortcomings, I would rather buy a product from a company like Apple who I know will stand behind and support their product and appreciates their power users.
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    But seriously forums are used for the purpose if aquiring information. Questions about using a function, appz, etc... But if everytime I access this site, and the first 10 bloody threads are about suing Palm, complaint this, crying about that, it's a real turn off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post
    'I'd like to have an argument.' Monty Python.
    "Certainly sir. Have you been here before?" http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...miles/pyth.gif
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D View Post
    The point most of you are missing is that people like Bob-C and myself are sick of Palm. We have been supporters for a long time and with the 700p have been completely let down. I've said it time and time again: it's so hard to get a word out of them or any sort of acknowledgment of the issues. Then in the response to Bob-C's letter, they openly said that they don't really care much for the "power user" segment since we make up only a small portion of their customers.

And I think the point you're missing is that nobody is saying you shouldn't be able to voice your opinion about that somewhere. While you guys are certainly not alone, there's no doubt that everyone is well aware of your feelings. Why not have a "special place" for you and Bob and others to vent as much as you want, and still have a forum for people who come wanting support? There is no question that the people with problems dominate the bandwidth here, while many people with few problems are only here to learn how to do things better. There are at least three other Treo-oriented forums, and none of them have this preponderance of negativity. Unfortunately, TC happens to be the best one for getting the highest level information, so that's where I prefer to go. What is it about having a "jeers" forum that you don't like? After all, as much as you hate it, most people are very satified with their devices.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    ...After all,..., most people are very satified with their devices.
    Quote Originally Posted by haroldo View Post
    ...survey ...found that just shy of 3/4 of users are satisfied with their Treos...
    Essentially what you want to do is hide the fact that there is a not-insignificant number of Treo700p users that are very upset about the product. I have been on forums like these pretty much since the beginning of time (that'd be the mid to late 90's when such forums became popular.) I agree that this forum has more complaints than most, but that's because we have MORE ABOUT WHICH TO COMPLAIN. On other forums there are always people complaining, but usually the complaints are more user error related, or feature requests (Why can't my phone have 512MB ram??? for example). Here, we have certainly established that on a large number of 700p's there are problems that have NOTHING to do with user error and constitute a breach of Palm's duty to provide what it advertised. If I were a new user, I'd want to know about that.

In essence, you're saying "there are too many legitimate complaints here, so let's move them to another forum." That's just sweeping the problems under the carpet!

If you have a question or comment not related to the problems people are complaining about here, then by all means, post them!!!
    If we had a complaint forum, would this thread be in it? http://img115.exs.cx/img115/8895/signquestion3xd.gif
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    If it were, I would complain!
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    If we had a complaint forum, would this thread be in it? http://img115.exs.cx/img115/8895/signquestion3xd.gif
    If a tree in the woods falls on a 700p, will it do a soft reset?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast