Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Then there are some of us who have no real problems at all - minor on occasion, over all though excellent service. I had serious problems initially, took some time to work the problems out, kept up with the latest releases, corresponded with the developer as needed.

I have the delay for me is normally connected with ChatterEmail active and it attempting to contact a mail server. I also make sure the device memory is kept at a sufficient level, et cetera.

My device is used hours a day with HanDBase and DTG. I use 2Day/Datebook 6 every day. ChatterEmail 24 hours a day. No real problems.

Ben
    Below is a list of the first page of newest posts on the 700p forum. There are not many complaint threads.

First, I would not count the Palm Response Tracker thread because its purpose is solely to track all the developments and their timeline for the firmware update. I would also not count the SMS Lockup Thread as Keefer's thread was primarily to determine the cause of the problem and find workarounds - which it did I am impressed by saying.

The only threads I can see you guys talking about are: "Just venting", the infamous "Lawsuit" thread and the "Palm has 2 weeks left" thread. That is three out of forty listed threads.

That's 3 out 39 if we don't include this one. I'll bet at least 30 of them are not even about the Firmware update. Suffice it to say, talk of all the complaining is exagerated and more related to which threads you choose to read.

Blocking phone numbers totally
    davidra Today 10:24 PM
    by Ohmster 6 292
    Can we set up a separate forum for complaints? ( 1 2)
    haroldo Today 09:40 PM
    by bclinger 40 406
    H300 BT headset static and 700p
    kocoman Today 07:45 PM
    by kocoman 6 105
    Sling Palyer & Verizon limiting us to 5MB on unlimited? ( 1 2)
    Expidia Today 07:34 PM
    by g-funkster 40 751
    Palm has exactly 2 weeks left as of this posting... ( 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
    Merlyn_3D Today 07:32 PM
    by Keefer Lucas 157 8,905
    The Official SMS Lockup Thread ( 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
    Keefer Lucas Today 07:25 PM
    by Keefer Lucas 227 14,177
    700p and Verizon users: we got fingered
    waldo15 Today 07:20 PM
    by Keefer Lucas 10 327
    Networkdb to large for Backup Buddy for Windows
    Demo Today 06:54 PM
    by Hdhntr23 2 12
    TomTom Nav 5 upgrade to 6.65 ? worth it? ( 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
    Expidia Today 05:44 PM
    by whmurray 151 6,507
    When using EVDO can I have calls go straight to voice mail
    garylapointe Today 05:30 PM
    by JayL 1 52
    700p Smartlist Lag
    pmdied Today 02:33 PM
    by pmdied 2 71
    possible solution??
    learntodive Today 02:10 PM
    by blazinlow 9 303
    WANTED: Program to sync w/ Google Calender and Outlook
    trim81 Today 02:01 PM
    by quispus 4 79
    Treo interference?
    AndrewAz Today 01:37 PM
    by AndrewAz 16 271
    Poll: PALM Support Response Tracker!! ( 1 2)
    Bob-C Today 01:04 PM
    by waterfrontmgmt 71 7,765
    New 700p owner -- SD issues?
    alexdouglas Today 12:59 PM
    by alexdouglas 10 259
    Longer Auto Keyguard Delay?
    nitf Today 11:59 AM
    by italiangspot 4 121
    LED Off . . . Any other freebie that works with the 700p
    Expidia Today 11:44 AM
    by italiangspot 1 68
    700p vibrates no more???
    jhruzek Today 10:41 AM
    by jeturn 1 114
    SPRINT -PRL update 3-30-07
    trim81 Today 09:16 AM
    by vitb9doc 12 1,138
    just venting...
    msgott Today 08:30 AM
    by g-funkster 12 251
    pictures of contacts with EAS
    whamms Yesterday 10:08 PM
    by bhodgins 1 120
    Sandisk 4.0 $59
    e2chris Yesterday 09:31 PM
    by Burkhardi 4 245
    Sprint Text Delays ( 1 2)
    woodyanderson Yesterday 05:57 PM
    by rriehl 64 4,683
    SDHC Cards Work on the 700p! ( 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
    +Kardboard+ Yesterday 04:54 PM
    by Burkhardi 220 21,398
    Moving 700p to a new computer
    Demo Yesterday 04:09 PM
    by Demo 8 121
    Should I or Shouldn't I? Get a 700p?
    Forgewizard Yesterday 03:42 PM
    by richpjr 22 569
    Treo 700P users Class Action Law Suit ( 1 2 3)
    joeylive Yesterday 03:35 PM
    by Merlyn_3D 80 2,260
    TomTom announce when you are near a (red light camera) location(s) question
    kocoman Yesterday 12:25 PM
    by mg48 10 442
    Not enough free db cache memory
    dhsimon Yesterday 12:14 PM
    by NetMetro 23 1,409
    Anyone figure out how to install Win Mob?
    noodle Yesterday 11:16 AM
    by noodle 4 186
    Anyone use the 'Mobi Products Super Extended 3600 mAh Lithium Ion Battery for ur 700p
    aweyrich Yesterday 10:14 AM
    by Lion Battery 7 267
    Incoming Name ID with CDMA 700p?
    kocoman Yesterday 09:48 AM
    by kocoman 2 112
    Palm Desktop Crashes - 700p
    iqduru Yesterday 02:23 AM
    by iqduru 0 26
    I Give Up - Blackberry Here I Come
    Mort Yesterday 12:06 AM
    by Paul Langstroth 6 311
    Ha HA-Palm Releases WiFi Patch for All Treos
    newtech 04/02/2007 10:20 PM
    by Bob-C 14 739
    Spoof blazer's browser string for vbuzzer?
    kocoman 04/02/2007 09:09 PM
    by kocoman 0 52
    700p Case misery - suggestions wanted!
    divamum 04/02/2007 03:32 PM
    by howiej1 32 718
    Calendar
    learntodive 04/02/2007 02:04 PM
    by learntodive 2 91
    PRESS PRESS RELEASE - April 1, 2007
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Despite the iPhone's one or two shortcomings, I would rather buy a product from a company like Apple who I know will stand behind and support their product and appreciates their power users.
    A quick Internet search located a number of Apple iPod owners who would disagree about such support and appreciation. Seems to me that for some the grass is always greener on the other side.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C View Post
    Below is a list of the first page of newest posts on the 700p forum. There are not many complaint threads.

That's 3 out 39 if we don't include this one. I'll bet at least 30 of them are not even about the Firmware update. Suffice it to say, talk of all the complaining is exagerated and more related to which threads you choose to read.
    Just wondering how many of the non-complaint threads listed above have replies, or were hijacked, with complaints?
    I think we all made our points.
    The suggestion wasn't to muzzle the people who aren't happy nor censor them.
    Rather, it was simply to have an important and vital forum dedicated to 'treo talk', treo chat', etc.
    Another forum could be dedicated to helping users understand how to improve the performance or functionality of their units "Questions about using your 700p".

If someone shows up via a link to new posts, they will see all of the new threads. If someone shows up in the hardware specific forum (this one) they will see threads that are specific to the usage, not necessarily the lawsuits, protests, sit-ins, threats, etc.
    Again, all comments are useful and helpful, I'm only suggesting a better forum segregation.
    Last edited by haroldo; 04/05/2007 at 05:48 AM.
    I was practically banned for standing up to the complainer's. Lots of people around here would complain if they were hung with a new rope.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    I was practically banned for standing up to the complainer's. Lots of people around here would complain if they were hung with a new rope.
    So true....

It seems like an instant gratification thing. Not many want to do the work of figuring out why their 700p is screwed up after hotsyncing their 650 stuff over or installing that crappy app that just does not work right..

It's kind of like putting gasoline in a diesel powered vehicle.

I'm not one of the high profile people on this site. I don't jump in most threads and complain about the Treo. I agree that some who complain are excessive. I'll also state that their doubters are just as annoying as the most extreme complainers.

That said, let's take your vehicle fuel analogy but make it a little more in line with reality. Saying that putting gasoline in a diesel vehicle would be like saying people here are trying to load Windows applications into a Palm OS device. More realistic would be different brands of gasoline.

Let's say you are a long-time Dodge pick-up buyer. You love your current 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 and you have it all decked out with after market products. It looks the way you want it and does everything you wanted it to do when you bought it. Now a 2007 model truck comes out and Dodge labels it as a Ram 1500 too. They tell you that it's very similar to your 2003 model but it has a better towing capacity. Perfect! You buy it.

You stop into your local gas station where you always buy your fuel and fill up the tank. On the way home, the truck starts to buck and chug. You make it home after a few stalls and you are, at first, upset with the service station. You call them up complaining about the gas. They tell you that no one else had a problem and there is nothing wrong with their product. You call up the dealer and he tells you that it has to be the gas. They come and tow it in, drain the tank, and tell you to come get it. You drive it off the lot and it runs fine. You stop at an Exxon station instead of your normal brand and fill it up. Same thing happens on the way home. Hmmm, two different brands of gas, same result?

You call the dealer and he again claims it is the gas. They tow it in again. Your neighbor see it being towed away and he tells you that he heard people talking about this very problem. It seems that the only gas that your new truck will work properly with is Brand X. Any other brand will cause your truck to break down.

You go get your truck from the dealer again. You ask him about what your neighbor said and he claims he never heard of that rumor but, they just happen to use only Brand X gas and that's what is in your truck now. So, you drive over to buy Brand X, fill up the tank and the truck runs fine. Now your problem is making sure you know where all the Brand X stations are so you can buy gas. That trip to the mountains you were going to take? Forget it. No Brand X stations up there.

You get on the phone and call the manufacturer, who promptly denies that Brand X is the only gas you can use. You get on the Internet and visit some sites dedicated to Dodge Ram 1500 truck enthusiasts. Other owners are encountering the same problem, right down to the manufacturer telling them the same thing when they call... that they never heard of this problem before. You went out and upgraded to the newest model because you wanted to do more. Instead, you are now doing less with the newer model.

The manufacturer comes out, after numerous consumer complaints, and finally admits there is a problem and that they will TRY to address it, as long as the dealers are okay with the fix. If the dealers object to any part of the fix then the consumer will have to live with their limited use of their expensive vehicle.

Let's change things a bit and say that you have a new Dodge Ram 1500 but there are Brand X gas stations easily accessible to you in the area where you travel. You don't have a problem. Would you be in an owners forum telling people how they should just learn to drive where Brand X gas is available, since that works for you? I doubt it. More likely you'd be thankful that you avoided having a problem so far and hoping that they come out with a fix before you find yourself encountering the same problem.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease. You may not like to here them squeak but, then again, I'm sure Palm is trying to figure a way to stop them from squeaking too loudly. One way would be to have the complainers segregated away from the other Palm users. Kind of like what some are trying to do with this thread.
    The suggestion makes sense. There are other forums that have exactly that kind of set up. The complaints are all in the forum; they just happen to be located in a different place. And in the example given, don't you think there's an explanation why some trucks buck and some trucks don't? As far as I can tell, I would LOVE for them to refund your money if your device doesn't work. But to keep coming up with unrealistic plans, or plans that might actually hurt your cause just because you're pissed off is not a real functional way to get things fixed. The world just doesn't work that way. I'm probably more anti-corporation that anyone here....but I'm also a realist. But hey, if it makes you feel better to vent, go for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    I'm probably more anti-corporation that anyone here....but I'm also a realist. But hey, if it makes you feel better to vent, go for it.
    "It's a sad thing to see a man lose his faith." -Stephen King, Salem's Lot
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by haroldo View Post
    Just wondering how many of the non-complaint threads listed above have replies, or were hijacked, with complaints?
    Seems like many of them. I'm also pretty tired of reading the same complaints over and over again from the same people in different threads. I'm also amazed at the amount of time some people have to invest in complaints, polls, rants, explanations, qualifications. Just think about what you could be doing with all the hours you spend on here each day. It has been said many, many times, but it bears repeating: it's just a phone.

That being said, complaints are in part what the forums are for, IMHO, and I don't believe that putting complaints in separate area would solve anything. Just do as I do, Haroldo, and don't read the threads that have digressed into same tiresome complaints. Ignore works pretty well, too. I've have found that those who complain over and over again about the same things usually aren't the ones who have anything constructive to offer to the TC community anyway.
    personally I would like to thank the complainers for making me aware of the 700p's issues, saving me money & lots of frustration...
    HTC Touch Pro
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    I think the moderators need to take some responsibilty and take control of this board once and for all. If TC is a place where people can vent their frustration with their device over all spewing the same cry baby complaints then so be it. But I believe there can be a sort of professionalism and control wherebye you could make a sticky of complaints and have people throw tantrums all they want.

I'd like to see this forum as a medium of information and know-how. Whereby I can come here ask a question about the device and possibnly get an answer w/o cry babies flooding the forum with complaints...
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by R1_Rydah View Post
    personally I would like to thank the complainers for making me aware of the 700p's issues, saving me money & lots of frustration...
    Agreed.....but do you really need to read the same complaint by the same person over and over and over and over again in different threads before you become aware of it? I would think that once would be enough for most people....maybe twice for some.

I'm beginning to think that while the idea that all complaints should be banished to a specific forum is wrong, maybe there should be a sticky-ed forum entitled something like "Problems/Issues with the 700p." That way someone like Rydah can go a specific forum to become aware of ALL the issues and problems with the 700p, not just those related to Verizon programs or a Sprint Bug list.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    ...before a thread (with my name at the top) degenerates into a civil war between the two camps, I think the main point has been lost.
    I am merely advocating, what a number of other forums have done, that this forum create a 700p Chat or 700p Commentary forum, where comments such as the frustrations, aggravations and other related posts could reside.
    Requests for technical assistance, tweaks, applications, etc. would be in the '700p help' forum.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123