Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Dang this software is nice, but it is giving me fits.
    I am using LW 2.2
    what's up?
    smileyboy you've been around long enough to know that LightWav, much like pretty much every other thing that Toysoft puts out is buggy and poorly supported.
  4.    #4  
    Don't go towards the light! It's so pretty.......... "I can't help it."
  5.    #5  
    Wow, 2 days of using this software. Resets everytime I get a call........ LOL how does this guy stay in business? Callfilter works better on my treo 680 and it is not supported! WOW.
    For simple call blocking you absolutely have to try CallBlock! It just works...plain and simple...and it's cheap! Its at PalmGear:

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...&prodID=128694

Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy View Post
    Wow, 2 days of using this software. Resets everytime I get a call........ LOL how does this guy stay in business? Callfilter works better on my treo 680 and it is not supported! WOW.
    Treo 650 Verizon
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    make sure you have latest version, he posts at mytreo..
    been working fine on my 700p for weeks now

I was one of the anti toysoft at first but the 2.2 beta 43 has made great strides and works fine for me only using these features

call blocking
    mp3 ring for each contact
    state name on screen during ring

I dont use the pictures stuff

I own Ringopro, mring, callfilter, treoguard cityid, and treaareacodes and lightwav pro 2.2 I have used all and keep coming back to lightwav

I'd use callfilter but he sold me a beta in 12/05 and has not updated it since....
    Sprint 700p
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JayL View Post
    make sure you have latest version, he posts at mytreo..
    been working fine on my 700p for weeks now
    Do you have Phone Technicial installed on your Treo also?
    Seems it conflicts with LW.

John
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    I used LW for one hour on my 700p after doing a complete hard reset after paying for the most recent upgrade. 4 resets on incoming calls, and I was done. I use LW on my wife's 650 with no issues since day one. go figure.
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    Toysoft apps just suck b*lls! Its Treo suicide, people should use the search button here, before they spend their hard earned cash. I learned the hard way, & lost many hours & money on Toysoft crap. Good luck all....
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    I do not use phone tech
    Sprint 700p
    Yep....

Well, I used to. I bought 2 licenses for both Sprint phones (650 and 700p) when LW 2.0 was working and getting better.

Now LW 2.1 and 2.2 are not worth the time or powder to blow it up.

For example, With LW 2.1 and 2.2, my 700p rings with calls set to go to VM or pickup/hangup. On my 650, the filters don't even work.

With LW 2.0, the phones reset intermittenly unless LW is locked with RLocker. Even when locked, you will get a reset from running PalmInternals.

Smiley over at Toysoft doesn't seem to have a grip on what he created yet.

So I deleted LW and went back to CallShield and just wrote the almost 50 bucks I spent for the 2 licenses off.

No more Toysoft products for this Treo user.

I stopped after the first 2 programs reset my palm, kept going into a loop. no support and co refund. I do keep LW on my treo still as I get lazy and don't want to take the 700P out of the case when I need a reset.
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post
    Toysoft apps just suck b*lls! Its Treo suicide, people should use the search button here, before they spend their hard earned cash. I learned the hard way, & lost many hours & money on Toysoft crap. Good luck all....
    And that's the polite way of putting it...
  15.    #15  
    Maybe that's why we don't see him on TC very much. He seems to have a much larger consumer base at mytreo.

Ha Ha toysoft sells reset-ware instead of pulling out the battery just install a toysoft app. LOL.
    Is it the name "Toysoft"? I know a lot of people who say "what's in a name" but nobody wants to be called "Lucifer" or even "Judas".
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy View Post
    Maybe that's why we don't see him on TC very much. He seems to have a much larger consumer base at mytreo.

Ha Ha toysoft sells reset-ware instead of pulling out the battery just install a toysoft app. LOL.
    He used to come here and defend his products all the time. It got to a point that everytime he posted, all his dissatisfied customers would flame him and call him out on his lack of support...maybe he gave up on TC
    The thread tittle should be changed to "Who's glad your NOT using Toysoft, now where's our refund?"
    I'm sure he(Danny) still reads postings here, just won't say anything. He's a happy camper at MTDN...
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    I have been using Lightwav 2.0 for some time and it works fine. Ringtone manager, profiler, etc. all work well.
    Laissez Faire
    There's a new beta posted yesterday. Want to give it a shot?
    http://www.toysoft.ca/downloads/LightWavBeta45.zip
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast