Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I think I'll pass...
  2.    #22  
    I really need a Call-filter like app, so I was praying that this worked. After 18 crashes, and 5 fresh reinstalls. I gave up. Then I saw the #45 beta and gave lwav another shot.
    This app actually works. :O. I'm on day 2 and not one reset. I'll let u all knw how it goes.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy View Post
    I really need a Call-filter like app, so I was praying that this worked. After 18 crashes, and 5 fresh reinstalls. I gave up. Then I saw the #45 beta and gave lwav another shot.
    This app actually works. :O. I'm on day 2 and not one reset. I'll let u all knw how it goes.
    I also noticed that #45 is better. But one thing for sure, the program has a learning curve. So print the PDF manual and read all pages.

If the app. works, it will be among the best among phone apps because it is very complete.

John
  4.    #24  
    First time I've read a pdf for a appin a looooong time. I hope it works. day 3 and still working.
    Watch out, it will self-destruct soon
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    I've used Lightwav 2 since it first came out, installing pretty much every beta (even one non public one he sent me)..

I did get angry at first about them using their customers to iron out the bugs (seems very little true testing done).. But it was only the first few weeks that caused me any pain (and it was only non working features, not resets).. Infact unlike DialbyPhoto I have had no resets from Lightwav that I can think of.. Adn the developer is very responsive, which helps sort things quickly..

P.S. I asked him for a feature to disable the alt key for DND feature... A test version was sent to me in 48 hours.. I don't know any other developers with turnaround like that!
    Last edited by joele; 04/07/2007 at 06:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by joele View Post
    P.S. I asked him for a feature to disable the alt key for DND feature... A test version was sent to me in 48 hours.. I don't know any other developers with turnaround like that!
    Oh yeah...he's right there the whole time, until something goes wrong...
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    I also reported a few bugs that got fixed...

They just need to actually test new versions when they release them as they tend to re-introduce old bugs.. (poor version control)
    First time I've read a pdf for a appin a looooong time. I hope it works. day 3 and still working.
    Has anyone used the new beta sucessfully with Profiles?
    Do the center the Caller ID names & number in the screen? Is red the only color you can use for the Caller ID? He should put a drop shadow behind the Caller ID & Telephone numbers to make them more legible on pictures. The drop shadow wouldnt be visible on the black.
    Last edited by BMIC50; 04/07/2007 at 10:24 AM. Reason: omitted question
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Do the center the Caller ID names & number in the screen? Is red the only color you can use for the Caller ID? He should put a drop shadow behind the Caller ID & Telephone numbers to make them more legible on pictures. The drop shadow wouldnt be visible on the black.
    I don't use it (I am happy with the standard one) but you can choose the colour of the callerID in LW2
    Quote Originally Posted by joele View Post
    I don't use it (I am happy with the standard one) but you can choose the colour of the callerID in LW2
    Is the name & numbered centered on the screen? The shots from the web indicate it might be left-formatted.
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Is the name & numbered centered on the screen? The shots from the web indicate it might be left-formatted.
    Just had to check it as I don't normally use that feature...

You can select the text colour, the back colour, the font style and font size.. No align option so I guess it is always left...
    Has anyone used the new beta sucessfully with Profiles?
    I've been using the beta with profiles since it came out, and in all its iterations. It's working great for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristieC View Post
    I've been using the beta with profiles since it came out, and in all its iterations. It's working great for me.
    Not the built-in profile manager, but this separate app called Profiles!
    Not the built-in profile manager, but this separate app called Profiles!
    Ahh, sorry, I obviously misunderstood your question. No, I haven't used it with the app Profiles.
    Well, I guess I will have to load the beta (and subsequently delete CallFilter) and try it out.
    Now I remember why I didn't buy this over CallFilter...it lacks the ability to play the regular ringtones (from what I can find)! Someone correct me if I'm wrong...
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Smileyboy, Since I respect your evaluations, I am giving LW2 a try again. I will keep you posted. Thanks,

Cigar
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    [QUOTE= hope it works. day 3 and still working.[/QUOTE]

I reinstalled #45 on a formatted Treo. On using DND, Treo 680 resets. How about you?

John
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast