Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    I'm tired of trying to figure out TomTom's website and en cryptic maze of updating.
    I thought I had all the latest maps after purchasing the DVD update. When I use TomTom Home app it tells me no more updates needed, then when using the stupid website it says based on my product code, I do not have the newest maps.

Here is what I have;
    2GB SD card- containing-

Application version: 6.030(8270)
    GPS Driver V1.20
    Texas Map Version:665.1294
    South_Central_region:665.1294

Does anyone have newer versions than this? Also, any good POI out there?
    I found a cool website to reCreate the menu layout and found a lot of Voices.
    There are also websites on how to change the Alert tones, etc..
    Here is the link to report outdated roads
    http://www.tomtom.com/support/index.php?FID=2056&Lid=4

Let's work together and compare..

Anyone Else in the Texas region want to try out the buddy features?

Cheers,
    Last edited by Wilsonb; 04/03/2007 at 11:20 PM.
    ============,,,================
    ===========(o o)===============
    =======oOO==(_)==OOo===========
    Treo 755p ;-)
    Tre 700p UPdated..
    Treo650- Sprint custom rom
    Tungsten T3 creative design.
    http://www.WilsonBradley.com
    http://www.myspace.com/wilsonbradley
    AOL screen name; WilsonIsON
    MSN; WilsonIsOn
    Yahoo; Wilson2bw
    ========ooooO==Ooooo==========
    =========( )===( )==========
    ==========\ (====) /===========
    ===========\_)==(_/============
    I agree with you. TomTom's web site needs work. Not user friendly at all. I have the same versions that you have. These are the latest maps. They don't update maps other than yearly or so. They may have an application update but I haven't heard of one.

As for the rest, sorry, I haven't looked. And I'm up in Ontario, Canada.

Bob
    Palm IIIc=>Sony Clie T665=>Palm T3=>Palm Treo 680
    I have older application and map versions and haven't been able to update them.

Application version: 6.010(7630)
    GPS Driver V1.20
    Map: usa_and_canada: 665.1293
    South_Central_region: 665.1293
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    I have older application and map versions and haven't been able to update them.
    Tomtom Home automatically updated my application from 6.010 to 6.030 shortly after I installed. Believe I had to agree to the update but am not positive. One issue I have is that if I try to access Nav6 from the SD card icon, I get a message saying there is a newer version on the phone and asking if I want to replace it. I mistakenly said yes recently and seem to be getting slower response from Nav6 now. Haven't determined exactly what happened. I had to change the category for the internal icon (it became unfiled) but the version still reports as 6.030.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    I have the 6.010 (7630) version also. When I click update in the TomTom Plus section it tells me there is a new version. I asked TomTom support about this and they said there is a new version, but not for Palm. So, it appears the 6.010 is the latest version for Palm and 6.030(8270) is the current version for Windows.

I also have the 665.1293 version of the maps.

Jason
    Kyocera 6035->Treo 600->Treo 650->HTC TouchPro->Epic 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonsf View Post
    I have the 6.010 (7630) version also. When I click update in the TomTom Plus section it tells me there is a new version. I asked TomTom support about this and they said there is a new version, but not for Palm. So, it appears the 6.010 is the latest version for Palm and 6.030(8270) is the current version for Windows.

Jason
    http://palmone.r3h.net/downloads.pal..._680update.zip
    So, it appears the 6.010 is the latest version for Palm and 6.030(8270) is the current version for Windows.
    I'm running 6.030 on my Treo 650 so that's not the case.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Hmm, I wonder why I'm not getting the update?

Here's the answer I got from TomTom support on March 9th:

We understand that when you go in to the Plus section and click "Check for Updates" It tells you that I should upgrade to version 6.03 Build 8270. At this moment, a new NAVIGATOR 6 version is available but it is for Pocket PCs only. This update is only for these Pocket PCs:

* HTC P3300 / O2 XDA Orbit / T-Mobile MDA Compact III / Orange SPV M650
    * HTC P3600 / Orange SPV M700 / SFR s300+
    * HP iPAQ hw65xx / HP iPAQ hw69xx
    * Palm Treo 700w / Palm Treo 750v

You can check this in the following link:

http://www.tomtom.com/6736
    Hmm, I wonder why I'm not getting the update?
    What does Tomtom Home tell you? It was automatic for me. Ver 6.030 (8270), Map v665.1294
    The link you provided shows in the UK site but when I got to the US site it wasn't there. However, when I go through the product support steps it shows up. It doesn't seem to say what the update number should be.
    Last edited by jrfaris; 04/04/2007 at 06:39 PM.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Last time I checked (last few days) it said no updae available. I'll check again tonight.
    Something strange is going on here. I have a 650. I recently bought the map upgrade, which also came with version 6 of Navigator and the Tom Tom Home program that lives on my PC. You needed this Tom Tom Home program, a card reader, and a DVD drive to get the new program and the new maps. installed.

The TomTom Home has an icon in the upper left corner that says "check for updates". When I first checked on it, it said there is an update for your program. This was Ver. 6.030 which I installed by sticking the SD card into the card reader. The program works fine, so did the prior version. I can't tell any difference.
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts

Jason
    What are you talking about? Did you read the thread?
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Nope, TomTom Home reports no updates available for me.