1.    #1  
    Some days it works fine, others, I get an ongoing error message that says:

SSL Open err: 4262
    unable to locate pop.gmail.com

It corrects itself throughout the day, but Why does this keep happening??
    I don't really have an answer for you, but I don't get this error. I use gmail and have cingular.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickstreo View Post
    I don't really have an answer for you, but I don't get this error. I use gmail and have cingular.
    Same here...
    Slightly different (Cingular / 680) problem today, phone had signal, but no GPRS. Neither email nor web access would work and signal was weak (one to two bars). Shut off the phone and turned it on again, all is well. Have you tried cycling the phone when you have this problem? Over the years, with other devices (Motorola V600 with T3 was most recent prior), rebooting the phone has worked wonders. Just a suggestion.
    I've been having the same problem, and getting the same error message also.
    It's been doing it for a couple weeks now, not all the time, just once in a while every other day or so. Later in the day, it always clears up, but it's definately having problems.
    Not sure if it is location specific or not, but I'm in north central Illinois.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by funnygirl View Post
    Some days it works fine, others, I get an ongoing error message that says:

SSL Open err: 4262
    unable to locate pop.gmail.com

It corrects itself throughout the day, but Why does this keep happening??
    I've had the same thing going on with mine since I got it in Dec. Does not matter what part of the country I am in. I think it's a gmail issue, not cingular.
    PalmIII>PalmIIIxe>Palm TungstenT>Treo650>Treo680
  7.    #7  
    but I'm in north central Illinois.
    I'm in MIssouri. I too am starting to think it's a gmail issue...but I don't know of any other service that I can use without paying a fee. I forward my work email to gmail and retrieve it from my phone.

Does anyone recommend another email to use??
    the gmail mobile app will work with the 680 if you add the websphere java jvm.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch