1.    #1  
    I just got my Navigator 6 Upgrade DVD and saw I need to format my card to install it. Once I do that.. Can I put other stuff back on? I do NOT want to carry 2 separate SD cards..

I use Backupman with all my backups on the SD card also.. Can anyone clarify this for me?
    TomTom does not need a dedicated SD card; it can be shared with other apps and files.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    I wonder why it suggests you format it? That's silly.

TomTom takes a lot of space but if you have 1G you should have 200-300m free I'd guess. My 2G card has about 1300M free for music. Minus the 300m of other programs and data.
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    I wonder why it suggests you format it? That's silly.

TomTom takes a lot of space but if you have 1G you should have 200-300m free I'd guess. My 2G card has about 1300M free for music. Minus the 300m of other programs and data.
    They probably make that suggestion in order to eliminate other data preventing TT from working. I'm sure they prefer you install in virgin territory. With TT5 and TT6, I have never formatted my SD card and haven't had a problem. I'm using the USA and Canada map with TT6 on a 2GB card and still have room for music, documents, etc.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagle View Post
    TomTom does not need a dedicated SD card; it can be shared with other apps and files.
    Thanks, Installed it last night.. I backed up my card to my laptop just in case.. Then simply installed it.. Works fine..

I just sure hope the Algorithm for chosing the shortest route DOES NOT TAKE ME 10 turns through a bad neighborhood..

They should have an option for SHORTEST ROUTE LEAST NUMBER OF TURNS
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    No freakin' lie! Last time I chose 'shortest route' I took a rather colorful tour through downtown Orlando. WHOA!
    -Craig J.

Visor Platinum -= Clie T615CS -= treo 600 -=treo 650 -= Tilt
    "In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. "
    -Douglas Adams
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by cphil674 View Post
    No freakin' lie! Last time I chose 'shortest route' I took a rather colorful tour through downtown Orlando. WHOA!
    Yep been there.. Also Tampa and Miami..

Thank god I sort of know where I am going there and bypass those ignorant suggestions...
    I had it give me directions to get onto a major closed access road and turn onto my destination road. Note I said closed access.

I wasn't driving a Hummer, so I took the 'normal' route which avoided the 20 foot drop into brush.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    I had it give me directions to get onto a major closed access road and turn onto my destination road. Note I said closed access.

I wasn't driving a Hummer, so I took the 'normal' route which avoided the 20 foot drop into brush.
    Problem is that all the roads are "MAPPED" by people hired by the mapping companies to drive their cars on the roads and log all the points..

I swear they must hire a bunch of crackheads to do this..