Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 55
  1.    #1  
    Just gotta comment here...

    I just bought another Samsung Blackjack from Cingular as a backup/weekend phone (fits nicely in jeans pocket). I had a BJ before the Treo, and actually chose the Treo over the Samsung as my "daily driver".

    I must say the Blackjack is a great little device in many ways (still wish Treo had a QVGA screen!!)...but again having both devices in hand, it is again so glaringly evident that the Palm OS rocks!!

    Sooooo much simpler and more intuitive. Even though I am a huge newbie still, it is so much easier to navigate and use quickly. I doubt that I could ever go to the WM5 or WM6 platform on a permenant basis! It requires much more effort to do anything on the Windows OS than the Palm, and the ease of the user interface far overshadows any negatives that the Treo might have over the Blackjack or any WM5 based device IMHO. The Blackjack is a fun phone, and just a refreshing "difference"...but I'll stick with my Treo for my everyday phone I believe.

    Just my 2-cents...
  2. #2  
    Typical man. Always looking for something better around the corner, not realizing he already has what he really wants and needs right in front of him...
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    Typical man. Always looking for something better around the corner, not realizing he already has what he really wants and needs right in front of him...
    Ouch! Wow, Christina...that was harsh.

    True. But harsh.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by davistld01 View Post
    Ouch! Wow, Christina...that was harsh.

    True. But harsh.
    Hey! I could've added that you guys are always looking for a fun and refreshing "backup" too...

    Quote Originally Posted by davistld01 View Post
    Just gotta comment here...

    I just bought another Samsung Blackjack from Cingular as a backup/weekend phone (fits nicely in jeans pocket).

    The Blackjack is a fun phone, and just a refreshing "difference"...but I'll stick with my Treo for my everyday phone I believe.
  5. #5  
    Has it occurred to you that navigation issues may be related to your long acquittance with PalmOS. Intuitive is probably just another word for "what I'm used to".

    Surur
  6. z3bum's Avatar
    Posts
    717 Posts
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    #6  
    I have the Samsung sgh-i320N as my weekend backup phone. (Think Black Jack with no wifi and unlocked) I'd have to agree that simple tasks are easier to do on the Treo with Palm OS. Having both phone on Exchange Active Sync is nice because they are always up to date. Sadly though, the battery life on the Samsung is actually worse than the 680! It barely lasts half a day with decent use. It's ok, beecause I mainly use it at night. I'm wondering if Winmo6 will arrive for it. I suppose that's as likely as Palm making a new rom image for the 680 that includes all the patches and updates I keep installing. (I have a sinking feeling there is a 690 coming out and the 680 is going to get left in the dust)
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
  7. #7  
    Ya know, not wanting to start a war, but once tweaked correctly with third party software, a windows phone is much easier to navigate than palmos one. In fact, my buddy with a 700P battle test from time to time.. and i beat him launching almost any applications. But then there is chatter..

    But granted out of box, a palmos phone IS much easier to navigate.

    Christina's point is a valid one as well..*ahem*
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    Hey! I could've added that you guys are always looking for a fun and refreshing "backup" too...
    Hey! Don't generalize. Some of us are still men who are really "men" and have a higher standard of character and personal integrity than that.

    Unfortunately, your comment probably applies to (sorry to say) a larger percentage than it should.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by volwrath View Post

    Christina's point is a valid one as well..*ahem*
    Waidaminit....

    Did I unintentionally open the "Manhaters Box"????
  10. #10  
    Not from me, but ya gotta call a spade a spade
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by volwrath View Post
    Not from me, but ya gotta call a spade a spade
    And, of course...there are "spadette" issues as well.



    Just playin'...
    Last edited by davistld01; 04/03/2007 at 09:06 AM.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by volwrath View Post
    Christina's point is a valid one as well..*ahem*
    Thank you...I agree

    Quote Originally Posted by davistld01 View Post
    Hey! Don't generalize. Some of us are still men who are really "men" and have a higher standard of character and personal integrity than that.

    Unfortunately, your comment probably applies to (sorry to say) a larger percentage than it should.
    Oh, don't get me wrong...I know there are some good ones out there, mine both were. I just have a lot of male friends that, while being "good" are still always looking for the possibility of something better, not realizing they have the best for them already.

    Quote Originally Posted by davistld01 View Post
    Waidaminit....

    Did I unintentionally open the "Manhaters Box"????
    LOL...no! I am definitely not a "Manhater"...they're much easier to be around than women.
  13. #13  
    Of course there are, but there are far more "spade" issues than "spadette." Spadettes are just following in the footsteps of the spades. It's the "What's good for the goose is good for the gander" syndrome, but in reality it isn't good for any of us.
    ~Jessi~

    Handspring Visor > Handspring Visor Edge - Silver > Handspring Treo 90 > Palm Tungsten T3 > Palm Treo 680 - Arctic
  14. #14  
    Another thread that went off-topic. And so quickly. DIG will be very concerned.

    But seriously, you're talking about completely different physiology and psychology, no wonder they're different. They're just being what they are. You just need to find one that suits you.

    And that's my comment on both discussions.

    Bob
    Palm IIIc=>Sony Clie T665=>Palm T3=>Palm Treo 680
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by jessi_9783 View Post
    Of course there are, but there are far more "spade" issues than "spadette." Spadettes are just following in the footsteps of the spades. It's the "What's good for the goose is good for the gander" syndrome, but in reality it isn't good for any of us.

    Ummm...let me sidestep the opening of this potentially huge can of worms, and just say...

    You're absolutely right.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbd View Post
    Another thread that went off-topic. And so quickly. DIG will be very concerned.

    But seriously, you're talking about completely different physiology and psychology, no wonder they're different. They're just being what they are. You just need to find one that suits you.

    And that's my comment on both discussions.

    Bob

    Well said, Bob!
  17. #17  
    Would it be fair to say that the book "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus" could be up-dated and re-named "Men are from Windows Mobile and Women are from Garnet"?

    (O.K. wrong stone, I know Diamonds are a Girl's best friend...
    Also, I'm not saying PalmOS is "Girly").

    "Everybody Palm!"

    Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by duanedude1 View Post
    Would it be fair to say that the book "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus" could be up-dated and re-named "Men are from Windows Mobile and Women are from Garnet"?
    It might be fair, but it would be inaccurate

    Bob
    Palm IIIc=>Sony Clie T665=>Palm T3=>Palm Treo 680
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by volwrath View Post
    Not from me, but ya gotta call a spade a spade

    Actually, I call a spade a shovel.

  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by davistld01 View Post
    Ummm...let me sidestep the opening of this potentially huge can of worms, and just say...

    You're absolutely right.
    LOL! I like you David. First, you support pink love and now you're telling me I'm absolutely right. Ahh, you are great!!! Plus, I just noticed you live in Springfield. I love to go shopping there. Woot Woot!!! Ha Ha, I just made the topic go even further off topic. Big props to me!!!
    ~Jessi~

    Handspring Visor > Handspring Visor Edge - Silver > Handspring Treo 90 > Palm Tungsten T3 > Palm Treo 680 - Arctic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions