Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by DIG View Post
    Yes, I was wondering about that too. I really am not sure that I would know how to put a condom on something as small as a 680....
    LOL!!! You must be a very popular Aussie...
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    LOL!!! You must be a very popular Aussie...

Yeah..good on ya' mate!

Ahem...back on topic though (if that's possible at this point...), I've had a few days to switch back and forth from the Blackjack (WM5) and the Treo, and while I have been suprised at how newly comfortable I have gotten with the Windows system...and pleased at how much more fun the BJ is after reaching some measure of comfort...I am rocking my Treo today. I missed the touchscreen, the ability to close apps w/o having to stop them from running manually instead of instantly on the Treo, the ease of bringing up a contact with the press of a button instead of having to do lots of scrolling...and the larger (albeit less colorful and clear than the QVGA) screen of the 680.

I'm not slamming the WM5 system, and I'm sure that my lack of technical prowess might be a reason for not falling in love with it over the Palm OS. But, powering up the Treo this morning after three days of pretty much using the Blackjack exclusively, was refreshing. I can appreciate the ease of operation and navigation, the focus of purpose, and the exclusivity of carrying a device that not many people do. I mean, the Blackjack is becoming almost as popular as the Motorola RAZR is in some areas...because it's "cool", not because they are all being used as smartphones.

It's neat to have the two totally different systems and phones to play with, but I am pleased that in the end...I am again confident that I made the right decision to stay with the Treo as my "daily driver".

I'm looking forward to loading more apps into it, and growing with it...as it will become more and more effective in my daily life, and more than just a mobile phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by davistld01 View Post
    Yeah..good on ya' mate!

Ahem...back on topic though (if that's possible at this point...), I've had a few days to switch back and forth from the Blackjack (WM5) and the Treo, and while I have been suprised at how newly comfortable I have gotten with the Windows system...and pleased at how much more fun the BJ is after reaching some measure of comfort...I am rocking my Treo today. I missed the touchscreen, the ability to close apps w/o having to stop them from running manually instead of instantly on the Treo, the ease of bringing up a contact with the press of a button instead of having to do lots of scrolling...and the larger (albeit less colorful and clear than the QVGA) screen of the 680.

I'm not slamming the WM5 system, and I'm sure that my lack of technical prowess might be a reason for not falling in love with it over the Palm OS. But, powering up the Treo this morning after three days of pretty much using the Blackjack exclusively, was refreshing. I can appreciate the ease of operation and navigation, the focus of purpose, and the exclusivity of carrying a device that not many people do. I mean, the Blackjack is becoming almost as popular as the Motorola RAZR is in some areas...because it's "cool", not because they are all being used as smartphones.

It's neat to have the two totally different systems and phones to play with, but I am pleased that in the end...I am again confident that I made the right decision to stay with the Treo as my "daily driver".

I'm looking forward to loading more apps into it, and growing with it...as it will become more and more effective in my daily life, and more than just a mobile phone.
    See? After checking out the competition, they always come back to what's best...

After jazzing up the Treo with some of the nice apps available, you'll love her even more...
    See? After checking out the competition, they always come back to what's best...

After jazzing up the Treo with some of the nice apps available, you'll love her even more...
    umm....until something better and with bigger, um more ram comes along.
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Fred...you're soooo bad!
  6.    #46  
    I've always enjoyed dressing my girls up and buying them new toys...
    I've always enjoyed dressing my girls up and buying them new toys...
    A man who knows how to keep his girls happy...
    Well, divistld01...looks like your post got "quoted" over at Palm Addicts.

http://palmaddict.typepad.com/palmad..._680_wins.html
    Mike
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by mbranscum View Post
    Well, divistld01...looks like your post got "quoted" over at Palm Addicts.

http://palmaddict.typepad.com/palmad..._680_wins.html
    Wow...I knew I should have copywrited that!! Better call my agent and make sure they spell my name right at least...

...that's davistld01.

We also mentioned it in the podcast. I got a little ...defensive... about WM's UI. Mike's on yer side, though.
    Terry...for a n00b, you're sure got famous quick!
  12.    #52  
    Terry...for a n00b, you're sure got famous quick!
    Yeah, well...excellence shines brightly in a sea of mediocrity.
    Crimson Treo 680 (given up for adoption)
    BlackBerry 9000 Bold - Main
    Palm Centro - Secondary
    Yeah, well...excellence shines brightly in a sea of mediocrity.
    Quote Originally Posted by volwrath View Post
    Ya know, not wanting to start a war, but once tweaked correctly with third party software, a windows phone is much easier to navigate than palmos one. In fact, my buddy with a 700P battle test from time to time.. and i beat him launching almost any applications. But then there is chatter..

But granted out of box, a palmos phone IS much easier to navigate.

Christina's point is a valid one as well..*ahem*

While your post is indeed true, the reverse may be as well... with the right customization and third party apps, the Palm may be as easy or easier than the same scenario on a Win Mobile phone. Personally I dont know, as I rarely use a WinMobile device (and dont own one)... so I am not trying to start a flame war, but I am curious, for multiple reasons (I'm happy with my Treo 680 and dont foresee myself switching, but some of my clients will be accessing some web apps via WinMobile, so I will be eventually getting such a device for testing and am curious how the two platforms compare in ease of use once fully tweaked, and/or with upgraded GUIs installed - they have yet to standardize on a device - and may not ever, and utilize a hodgepodge of devices - but it would be nice to know such things if they do ask us what we would suggest... I'd rather have more than just my own feedback to use as a basis since I am a long time Palm user).

Thanks,
    Robert
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Perhaps this thread can convince me to stay with the Palm OS Treo 680. I'm thinking of switching to Cingular's Treo 750 for these reasons:

* Better Bluetooth on the WM 750 -- I often lose the BT connection between my 680 and my headset(s)

* Faster data speeds

* Skype - while I can use Skype on my 680 thanks to Webmessenger, that involves keeping Skype running on my desktop

I've been using Palm Treos since the 180, so switching to Windows Mobile would be a big step for me. Those three considerations, a more stable BT, faster data speeds, and Skype are important, but if the downsides of using a Treo 750 are substantial, I'll stay where I am with the Treo 680.

--Bill
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123