Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    My 2GB SD Card just kicked out on me and I joyfully recognized (using Ebay's guide on how to spot fakes) that my sandisk card I purchased was actually a fake card. So... I'm in the market for an actual, quality card. I have both a 650 and a 700p... is there a brand name for 2GB cards that you all trust? Hopefully a nice prive vs. quality point...

Thanks!
    people post good results about patriot cards
  3.    #3  
    thanks!
  4.    #4  
    Amazon reviews trash Patriot.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    SD Card transcend 4GB 150x speed and MMC Adata 1GB high speed... work for me @ T650 GSM.
    from Indonesia with Love...
    I have the 8gb Patriot and it's been fine. I think it's more important to buy from a reputable dealer with a warranty policy. I've got Transcend, SanDisk and A-Data and they have all worked well. But, I've bought them all from NewEgg, I never use eBay...too many horror stories. The only card I've ever had a problem with is a PNY from Staples, it just died with a ton of really important stuff on it.
  7.    #7  
    Yeah -- I'll never buy any kind of computer hardware from ebay ever again...

Looking on amazon... ~$20 for a new transcend 2GB 150X (with loads of excellent reviews) vs the ~$50 I paid for a fake Sandisk on ebay... guess I had to learn somehow.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Office Depot and Staples always seem to have 2 gigs on sale for around $25 after instant savings. I'm using a 2gb Sandisk I got at OD a couple weeks ago for $25... and it's really a SanDisk card
    SanDisk all the way!
    I'm a big fan of the SanDisk "plus USB" cards. I dont know anything about speed and they're not the largest card (2GB is the largest right now), but I use it all the time to move files back and forth between my home and office computers. I absolutely love having a USB drive on me all the time - hidden away in my Treo 650 SD slot. I've had the 1GB version for a while now (over a year or so?) and have never had any problems with it as an SD card or USB drive. I just purchased the 2GB version recently with no problems so far.

Here's a link to the Sandisk website for more detail on the "plus USB" line. I'm sure you can find more performance specs there:
    http://www.sandisk.com/Products/Cata...lus_Cards.aspx

Also, buy.com has the 2GB version on sale for $38 with free shipping now. Go to their site and search for "SanDisk Ultra II SD Plus USB 2GB" to find it.

Just my 2 cents. Good luck on your search!

- Doug
    i second the convenience of the 2GB SanDisk Plus cards!!!!!

Comes in handy ALL the time! I got mine through Amazon for $41 last month.
  12.    #12  
    yo... that sandisk usb plus looks awesome!!! I'm searching for any other manufacturers that do something similar -- looks like none do. As I have a $20 amazon credit, I'll do it through them. Sweet! Thanks!
    I've used a few different (1gb, 2gb, and 8gb) Transcend cards without problems. I couldn't get two different A-Data 8gb cards to format using Card Reader.
    It's not ebay you should blame because I have been buying and selling with Ebay for over 4 and a half years with great results. Some it the person selling the items. I bought 10 sd cards from ebay and have put movies on them and watch them regularly with no issues. I just bought two 2gb sd cards and have been doing great with them, movies games and other stuff. I wish I knew youwere looking I just sold a 2gb sd card for $15 on ebay.
    If you're just looking for space, then get any card you can find for the best price but if you want speed, get the "pq1 Hi-Speed 150x" and you'll be satisfied. It may cost a bit more but it is worth it if you use it for backup of your Treo.
    --------------
    The Judge
    Houston, Tx.
    I had an adata 4gb that fell apart literally. After looking at it in pieces it was easy to see the plastic was lighter and cheaper than my replacement a Transcend 4gb 150x from newegg. Great card no problems at all and I have it fat32 so the speed is great.
    I've never had any problems with Sandisk or PNY SD cards.
    Kenji
  18.    #18  
    my sandisk 2gb usb+ card came last night. that thing is sweet. so cool and convenient...
    I second the SanDisk cards. i used to have a Samsung D807 that used the MicroSD card for which i bought a 1gig(highest available at the time). and it came with the full size SD adapter. ive been using that microSD in the adapter for a while now with my T650 with no problems. Anyone know where to get the HCSD High Speed SanDisk 8gb? i guess 150x is the quickest speed out there right now?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexEvo View Post
    I second the SanDisk cards. i used to have a Samsung D807 that used the MicroSD card for which i bought a 1gig(highest available at the time). and it came with the full size SD adapter. ive been using that microSD in the adapter for a while now with my T650 with no problems. Anyone know where to get the HCSD High Speed SanDisk 8gb? i guess 150x is the quickest speed out there right now?
    If you Google it, a number of links come up. But, I would wait until the price drops a little...it won't be long if it's like all the other cards
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast