Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I use Sandisk Ultra II CF cards in my DSLR camera. For the treo, I use the regular Sandisk cards. Is speed that much of an issue with the treo. I know with cameras it is because of the buffer between shots, but I didn't think it mattered for phones..
    side note....
    I own xD cards for one camera, CF cards for another. SD for treo. MiniSD for wife's V, microSD for use in my mothers enV, Memory Stick Duo in my video camera...lets see, am I missing any type of card that I need to waste money on?
    Speed makes a big difference when transferring files or running apps from the card...
    true....I just haven't noticed that much of a difference. With large files yes, but I thought that with the smaller files, it wouldn't make a drastic difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by cadman View Post
    true....I just haven't noticed that much of a difference. With large files yes, but I thought that with the smaller files, it wouldn't make a drastic difference.
    It shouldn't make too much of a noticeable difference with smaller files. My backups with BackupMan take about a minute with a 1gb card and about 15 minutes on my 8gb...that's a huge difference to me.
    christina - are the standard SanDisk cards actually high speed? cause even though im using a microSD w/adapter(theoretically the adapter should slow down data transfer rate a little) with NVBackup, my backups are about the same as yours, 1minute roughly. It seems both your and my SD cards in the smaller capacity are much faster than the HiCap ones. Is this to do with the 8gb card doing sort of what larger PC hard drives do in searching for open spaces first and then transferring data which would slow down rate of transfer? I have an old PNY 512mb SD card i havent tried yet but i might format that and give it a shot, if its quicker than the 1gig then i'd attribute it to the capacity of the card. If slower then its either the brand of card, or the fact that perhaps capacity is not a factor.
    I think Sandisk owns the patent for the USB+ gizmo and doubt they'll license it out, it's too sweet. I may also order one. Last 2gb card was a Microcenter no-name special for $19 and that's due to drop again now.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexEvo View Post
    christina - are the standard SanDisk cards actually high speed? cause even though im using a microSD w/adapter(theoretically the adapter should slow down data transfer rate a little) with NVBackup, my backups are about the same as yours, 1minute roughly. It seems both your and my SD cards in the smaller capacity are much faster than the HiCap ones. Is this to do with the 8gb card doing sort of what larger PC hard drives do in searching for open spaces first and then transferring data which would slow down rate of transfer? I have an old PNY 512mb SD card i havent tried yet but i might format that and give it a shot, if its quicker than the 1gig then i'd attribute it to the capacity of the card. If slower then its either the brand of card, or the fact that perhaps capacity is not a factor.
    This page of the 8gb card thread is where I learned abou the differences in card speeds.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&highlight=8gb

So, if a 8gb Class 4 transfers at 4mb per second and the Class 6 is at 6mb per second, then my guess is the x150 would make the 2gb card lightening fast. Is that right?

I have a 128mb, 512mb 1gb and 2gb and I don't see much difference in the four. The big slow down is on the 8gb...but the added space is worth it. I only use the card for movies and music anyway.
    also, to add to christina's information, go to www.dpreview.com

its a digital camera forum with reviews, and you can get a lot of information about memory speeds and tests, etc. over there.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12