1.    #1  
    I dont know about you folks but i have a vzw 700p. i read there is a new 755p out. could we just wait till the 700p is fazed out and use our insurance policies to get the new palm?
    I assume you are referring to the Sprint total equipment replacment plan? Normally, it takes several months to phase out old stocks of existing models before they actually start using newer updated models. In fact I think they still might be replacing 650 with existing stock fyi! Thus you wait probably will be very looooong....

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3.    #3  
    still mght be shorter than waiting for palm firmware update!
    btw any dates on that yet?
    They are still replacing 650's with 650's. One of my buddies has been very unlucky with the refurb replacment 605's and has had about 6 of them.. Recently they sent him a brand new 650, which I was shocked since I didnt think they would have any.
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewAz View Post
    They are still replacing 650's with 650's. One of my buddies has been very unlucky with the refurb replacment 605's and has had about 6 of them.. Recently they sent him a brand new 650, which I was shocked since I didnt think they would have any.
    I got my 700p on the replacement plan in September '06! The rep told me he had no 650's in stock, but that was an in-store repair. And I am in good with that store! I wouldnt think they had 650's in stock, but where do you think your old 650 goes...yes, thats right! Into the refurb stockpile! The more you turn in, the more they refurb!
    It becomes economically cheaper at some point to replace with a newer model. Probably when parts from older units become scarce & remaining parts are past life expectancy. With as many 650's that were sold, stipped parts maybe available for awhile. Then they'll go to the 700p and have the same situation again.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    A good friend of mine was able to walk into a Sprint store and say "my 650 sucks" (to get to the point) and they didn't have a 650 replacement so they gave him a 700p for like $50.
    Need information on Real Estate, Please contact me!!!
    www.TheMMTeam.com
    I received 2 faulty 650s under the insurance replacement, and when I finally demanded a new one, I received a brand new in box 700p. I didn't even have to pay the $50 since it was still within the year.

So far, my 700p's been great. There's an extra second delay when typing a contact's name or going to the phone screen, but, other than that, I'm happy. It's probably software I have on it, because, out of the box, it was very snappy.
    Seems to me its a crap shoot. I went through a couple of Treo 600s. About 3 650s. And on my 3rd 700p.

Some never powered up. Some had BT issues that would cause the phone to not power up. One worked fine for 3-4 months before the headset jack issue screeched things to a halt.

At least they exchanged them every time, even if they gave me the runaround a few times.
    I was recently given a 700p new in the box as a even exchange replacement for my 650. They said they were out of 650s.