Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    I found this website http://www.digimartz.com/sony-ericss...970-p-124.html

They are advertising the famous Sony HBH-DS970 for 61.50 + shipping it normally sell elswhere for 100-149.

I want to order it but I'm afraid of fraud anybody hear of Digimartz.com before?

If it is true this is an incredible deal, I may order 2 of them.
    Last edited by migs; 04/02/2007 at 01:35 PM.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    They can be found even cheaper on ebay. Obviously use some precautions when purchasing from ebay and go through paypal when checking out. This headset has been out now for about 10 months and that's how long I've had owned one. It has not given me any problems. It's a fantastic headset. I'm even considering buying another off ebay.
    HP Pre 3 16GB AT&T
    HP Touchpad 32GB
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Thanks ehosey, actually you are part of the reason I'm getting one, I read one of your reviews on it a while back and I've been wanting one ever since..

but I had never seen a price of $61.50 so low before so I was being carefull
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Oh bye the way ehosey, you don't happen to know if a newer model of this headset is going to be released soon with more features or better battery life?
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by migs View Post
    Oh bye the way ehosey, you don't happen to know if a newer model of this headset is going to be released soon with more features or better battery life?
    I have not received or discovered any new information yet. I'll log into my account on the Sony Ericsson site and compose an email to the SE Developer Team and will post when I hear something.
    HP Pre 3 16GB AT&T
    HP Touchpad 32GB
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Per Sony Ericsson Developer World email response, there's no indication of a new version of the HBH-DS970, however as can be imagined no comments are allowed on future products. Oh well. So, I'll be buying another for future use.
    HP Pre 3 16GB AT&T
    HP Touchpad 32GB
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Thanks for letting us know, there is a similar headset made by Nokia Im looking at too, seems to have a longer batter life but it is more expensive http://www.mobilecityonline.com/wire...mpaign=froogle
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by migs View Post
    Thanks for letting us know, there is a similar headset made by Nokia Im looking at too, seems to have a longer batter life but it is more expensive http://www.mobilecityonline.com/wire...mpaign=froogle
    yeah, i have that one which i am using together with a treo 750. I have to charge it every night, and some days it does not even last a full day. But i also use it for alot of FM radio. The nokia has a FM radio, which is nice, though maybe not in densly builded areas because it fell out of sync alot, and it makes non pleasent noises in my ear.

But for talking on the phone it is great, i love having sound in both ears.

I could not get it working with my GF's treo 680.

Music is fine too, but my 750 does not play when the screen is turned off :-(

My Nokia/treo combination does show phone numbers, but not names. It does not show clock/time, and i can not switch through my contact list.

JonB
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    I in fact ordered another HBH-DS970 from ebay. The seller's ID is named satisfactionassured and has a good feedback rating. The headset is new and I purchased under the buy now criteria. With shipping, I paid a total of $62.98 and it's supposed to arrive in 4 to 9 business days and in fact I already received the email that it has been shipped. Considering I paid $126.00 last June for it, I'd consider this a fantastic price. Just thought to let anyone who's interested know about this.
    HP Pre 3 16GB AT&T
    HP Touchpad 32GB
    Beware of fake DS970's. According to this they look nearly identical but are much inferior to the genuine ones. http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=137266