Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Hi, I am just wondering if someone here have experience some of these problems with bluetooth.

I am using T680 and Jabra 250v. The first problem that I have is; I will be talking on the phine for about an hour using my bluetooth headset and after that the sound would get transfered to my phone's earpiece and mic. If I go to Option and connect bluetooth, it'll connect again but after a few seconds, the voice would get transfered back to my phone's earpiece. I have re-paired the bluetooth headset and It's still doing the same thing. I also tried this same headset on my XDA Atom and everything works fine.

Second Issue that I have is, sometimes I have to reset my T680 because none of my bluetooth device would connect. Whether it's a headset or my GPS Reciever. Is there anybody here been experiencing these problems? Any solutions or recommendations on what can be done? Any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and Have a great day.

Russell
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    While I don't have a solution, I can tell you that you're not alone: I experience the same problems with both my Treo BT and my Sony Ericsson headsets. As do a lot of other Treo 680 users. The problem is very, very frustrating because I never know when I'm going to be able to answer my Treo 680 with my BT headset or when the headset just won't connect.

I've noticed that some people report no problems at all with their BT headsets, so perhaps there's a flaw with some Treo 680s. I don't know if there's a firmware fix coming, or even possible, for this problem.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    My Treo BT headset lets go of any call that goes over 50mins, just like yours. I'm living with it as there seems to not be a fix.
    PalmIII>PalmIIIxe>Palm TungstenT>Treo650>Treo680
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    My 680 sometimes disconnects from my cars bluetooth connection.
    I can't say exactly how long it takes but in general I'd say less than 1/2 hour into the call. The call is then on the phones internal earpiece and microphone.

Can anyone explain how to get it transferrred back to the car's bluetooth (there is no way to reconnect at the car's end).
    --Nelson
    I've also experienced this issue many times. The only way to fix this, I've found, is to reset the phone. After a reset, everything works just fine, for a while.

I also have another issue where the BT would lock up the phone on occasion. Very irratating.

When is the firmware update going to be released, hope this is one of the issues they address.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    i've seen these exact issues as well. in fact, i was just thinking about it today as i reset my treo on the train on the way home from work after it stopped connecting to my jawbone headset for some reason. i admit that i really enjoyed my treo when i first got it, but a few months later i'm just really disappointed that there are so many issues that make it unreliable. next, i'm getting an iphone. beyond that, i don't see buying another treo until i know it's reliable. i don't have a lot of hope for that since my first experience with a treo 600 several years ago and the fact that they haven't gotten it right after several iterations of the damn thing. what is wrong with palm? do their engineers actually work or not? do they even employ any quality control people?

sorry for the rant - i'm just frustrated nowadays with my 680...
    I find that if I use my 680 (w/ bluetooth) in my wife's Lexus then the next call I make outside of the car (theoretically no bluetooth to be had) it makes the call to a mysterious non-existent headset. I have to cancel the headset connection to complete the call.

Dunc
    My 680 sometimes also disconnects from my bluetooth GPS receiver. A reset would certainly fix it. But to make life a little easier, I just go to the bluetooth manager to turn it off then immediately turn it on. This usually gets the problem fixed.
    Isn't it great how we've had to come up with all these 'fixes' to solve the problems & issues that Palm repeatedly builds into their flagship products?! I'd love it if just once they released a product that worked as advertised: battery life, connectivity, everything. And didn't require immediate hot fixes, battery conditioning, resets. Is that really too much to ask for?

Dunc
    Quote Originally Posted by r6girl View Post
    ... i'm just really disappointed that there are so many issues that make it unreliable. ... i don't see buying another treo until i know it's reliable. ... they haven't gotten it right after several iterations of the damn thing. what is wrong with palm? do their engineers actually work or not? ...
    I think that that Palm's engineer's are the technical equivalent of the welfare mother. They do seem to sit around a lot and pick up their checks at the end of the month.

My problem with Palm's welfare engineers is that bluetooth tends to freeze--which is worse with the 680 with no reset hole. It is a BIG hassle. I have the feeling that there may be a trick to this--that maybe it would freeze less if I turned off the software before the bluetooth...or the bluetooth before the software...but there sometimes seems to be an order to it all. Anybody else have that problem?